Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Cross RC Demon SG4C kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2018, 12:45 PM   #101

Default Re: Cross RC Demon SG4C kit

Anyone else having problems with the tires not fitting the plastic rims?? They seem to be too large a dia. and will not glue correctly it's an SR4-a Other than that the build went well. the truck is a bargin at the price.
gasgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

bumping this back to the top. I just recently got a Demon sg4 c version and iam putting it together now. So whats everyone think after having the truck for a bit?
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:11 AM   #103
Rock Crawler

I started building my SG4C about 5 hours ago. I opted for the Cross axle weights, wheel weights and rear shock relocation kit. Right now I'm having a hell of a time getting the right geometry for the rear axle, not so sure this relocation kit is going to work out. Haven't found much info about the kit either. Has anyone here delt with the shock kit? I'm getting close to giving up and running the stock setup.
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:14 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

Nevermind, I stepped away for a bit and went back to it. Pretty sure I've got it fairly dialed in. Still have to decide on a color for the body and interior and buy electronics before I go any further, except build the beadlocks. Still thinking about if I'm going to run the stock tires or get some predator compound hyraxes.
Oh and I installed a Wertymade flat top bumpers instead of the stock plastic one. Fenders needed a bit of trimming to get it to fit.
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:41 PM   #105

Hey everyone, first time poster, long time RC guy. I have the Demon SG4C, finished the build maybe 3 weeks ago. Awesome to put together, still getting used to the handling of it but so far I really like this thing. My first crawler was the SCX10 II rtr which I still have and like, but i kinda want to keep this Demon as a 1.9 scale rig.

Anyway, just saw this thread in a search and liked what I saw, so I joined. Have a great Turkey Day everyone!
Jmally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:24 PM   #106
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Nice to see other people with this truck. I have the "c" version also. I liked all the upgraded parts. I am about 3/4 way through building it. I ran in to all kinds of issues. I didnt get some parts and other parts were manufactured wrong according to the instructions. My rear axle bolt holes for the shock were drilled all the way through, no threads like in front. The 28mm bolts that are supposed to hold shock in were not there and wouldnt have worked any way because there were no threads in housing. All the 4 and 5 mm spacers for the shocks were missing also, so had to make some. Used 34 mm long bolt for shocks.... not great but it will get me going. Also missing wheel nuts and drive pins for hexes. Just noticed no wheelcover bolts either, great, anybody know what size they are? They are small. This is getting frustrating arrrrg! It looks like I am going to start the body .........hope its all there! Mabe Ill wait till I hear from Cross, Im sure my LHS wont take back a painted truck, every thing else could be put back in the bags they came out of.
For the price of this truck I was expecting better quality. It must have been put in the box Monday morning after a long weekend. The thing is, it was a sealed box from the hobby shop so I know they didnt remove anything or make screwed up parts. I have an email in to Cross and hope they will fix all these issues. If not maybe bringing this rig back and getting SCX10 II builders kit.

Last edited by Hal; 12-01-2018 at 05:52 AM.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #107

Can anyone tell me where to get the steering stops for this thing? Just picked one up and I am hoping to avoid breaking the front axels on my first run.
Serrated13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrated13 View Post
Can anyone tell me where to get the steering stops for this thing? Just picked one up and I am hoping to avoid breaking the front axels on my first run.
https://www.crossrc.us/shop/upgrade-...steering-stop/
Old 01-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
Thank you kind Sir.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:09 PM   #110

Waiting for my SP4C to come in but was looking at getting the same Venom batteries as the SG4C. what are the run times generally? I was almost gonna go with the 3200 mah but I could get 4 2200's for the price of the 2 3200's.
NO_Signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #111

I’m really happy with my SG4C. It’s a great looking, very detailed rig. Was very easy to build. However... I was a little disappointed with the stock model when compared to the Ascenders, SCX10s, etc in crawling capabilities.
So, I double stacked weights in the wheels (more then 8oz per wheel) and installed the cross axle weights. Also pulled the Foam from the spare tire and removed the faux engine plate to help reduce a tiny bit of top weight.
I just installed the RC4WD King Shocks and the Cross Rc shock relocation brackets. The shocks seem a little too soft, but I’ll update after a few runs. Also need to install firmer foams. The thing weighs almost 10lbs now.

YOU NEED TO WRAP TAPE OR HEAT SHRINK AROUND THE KEEPER SPRINGS ON THE DRIVESHAFT. I lost a driveshaft when the keeper spring popped off and pin fell out.

I Definitely want another (maybe the SU4 ��)

Last edited by Pduck; 02-07-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Pduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:22 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pduck View Post
I’m really happy with my SG4C. It’s a great looking, very detailed rig. Was very easy to build. However... I was a little disappointed with the stock model when compared to the Ascenders, SCX10s, etc in crawling capabilities.
So, I double stacked weights in the wheels (more then 8oz per wheel) and installed the cross axle weights. Also pulled the Foam from the spare tire and removed the faux engine plate to help reduce a tiny bit of top weight.
I just installed the RC4WD King Shocks and the Cross Rc shock relocation brackets. The shocks seem a little too soft, but I’ll update after a few runs. Also need to install firmer foams. The thing weighs almost 10lbs now.

YOU NEED TO WRAP TAPE OR HEAT SHRINK AROUND THE KEEPER SPRINGS ON THE DRIVESHAFT. I lost a driveshaft when the keeper spring popped off and pin fell out.

I Definitely want another (maybe the SU4 )
Are you solder on my drivelines to keep the spring clips in place.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

I bought some CrossRC driveshafts for a 6x6 build I had and found the pins would push through the springs. I took some shrink tube and put it over the springs. No more problems with the pins now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
wblteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:34 PM   #114

I apologize for maybe changing subject matter on the SG 4 Demon, but II just built the "C' version. and took out for first run on a fairly difficult and agressive (rocky) course. 10 minutes into the run, the main drive shaft slipped off motor shaft. Guess I need to put a drilled dent into motor shaft to receive cup set screw( it was thread locked). Ok fixed that and continued. One hour later, the left front CV or "u" joint to the wheel broke and I had a free spinning wheel. That ended my day . I wondering if anyone else has had similar experience with this quite expensive truck. All metal parts etc, I was expecting more durability. Oh yeah and the metal frame mount tab ( for rear torsion bars)at the transfer case frame bent as well. Ive got an Axial SCX 10II ( at half the price)that Ive run for several month on same course with essentially no damage except cosmetic. I'm quite disappointed. Truck looks awesome and after some creative shock work, I think its not near as top heavy as it was and is a bit more stable and less likely to roll. Tires are way too stiff with that mini cell foam inner core I think too. Would love to here from anyone with experience with the truck.
mmflytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #115

I apologize for maybe changing subject matter on the SG 4 Demon, but II just built the "C' version. and took out for first run on a fairly difficult and agressive (rocky) course. 10 minutes into the run, the main drive shaft slipped off motor shaft. Guess I need to put a drilled dent into motor shaft to receive cup set screw( it was thread locked). Ok fixed that and continued. One hour later, the left front CV or "u" joint to the wheel broke and I had a free spinning wheel. That ended my day . I wondering if anyone else has had similar experience with this quite expensive truck. All metal parts etc, I was expecting more durability. Oh yeah and the metal frame mount tab ( for rear torsion bars)at the transfer case frame bent as well. Ive got an Axial SCX 10II ( at half the price)that Ive run for several month on same course with essentially no damage except cosmetic. I'm quite disappointed. Truck looks awesome and after some creative shock work, I think its not near as top heavy as it was and is a bit more stable and less likely to roll. Tires are way too stiff with that mini cell foam inner core I think too. Would love to here from anyone with experience with the truck.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:06 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmflytie View Post
Broken front CV shafts and bent frame tabs seem to be the two best-known weak points of these trucks. Sorry to hear you had both happen the first time out.

Cross seems to acknowledge the weak frame tab issue because they sell a kit to fix it, but you can rig something up yourself as well. I touched on it in my build thread:

Ruining a perfectly good Cross Demon SG4

As for the CV shafts, Cross also sells small blocks that bolt onto the axle to limit steering angle, which I think is meant to help prevent this issue. Also MIP makes upgrade shafts now, which is probably the way to go since you've already broken yours.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:19 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

I have the steering stops on mine to aide against broken drive shafts. so far i havent broken one but man my turning radius sucks now.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #118

I have recently added weights to my front wheels to help keep tires on ground during steep climbs. I now have a broken pinion gear ( 3 broken teeth.). Does anyone think the weighted wheels may have caused a premature breakage the diff gears?

Marc
Old 04-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #119

Curious. Now you've had your demon awhile, whats your opinion of durability?

Marc
Old 01-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
The SG4C battery box is small but these fit.
What kind of run time do you get out of these? and do you think its find to run them on a hobbywing 1080 and powerhd servo?

also if you dont mind waht is the difference between 3s and 2s ? my friends reccommends to get a 2s battery and i notive these are 3s

thank you
Tinyfarts is offline   Reply With Quote

Cross RC Demon SG4C kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Cross RC HC4 Kit Szczerba General Scale Talk 22 03-21-2017 12:58 PM