RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Chino63's Power Wagon (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/594644-chino63s-power-wagon.html)

chino63 01-24-2018 09:59 PM

Chino63's Power Wagon

5 Attachment(s)
Here goes another one. I was fortunate enough to get a Toyzuki chassis from the man himself at Axialfest last year, thanks Ben! Unsure of what it would become, it sat unopened until last week when I heard of an upcoming comp. Out came the Toyzuki cassis and dug up some parts as well as draining of my PayPal account.

Here's the start of hopefully good things to come. Clearance the chassis rails for things that need clearance and new panhard mount.

chino63 01-24-2018 10:10 PM

Re: Chino63's Power Wagon

4 Attachment(s)
I made a sleeve to keep the locker locked in the front TRX-4 axle. Now for motor placement, obviously as low as possible only question is forward facing or rearward facing? I like forward facing.

chino63 01-24-2018 10:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Made a mount from some 3/16" 6061 plate. Scribbled some scribbles and crudely slotted with a slotting device. RC4WD Yota XVD's for transfering power, long side milled and threaded, running through a support bracket. Also some more aluminum for connecting to the transfer case. Sits nice and low in the chassis

chino63 01-24-2018 10:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Mount is pretty bulky so...

nwnewbie 01-24-2018 10:39 PM

Awesome progress! Can't wait to see another trx4 toyzuki done!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CODYBOY 01-24-2018 10:43 PM

Alright Dean, this is going to be a cool, very informative build. Like I said, you are the master! I know one thing, I need a Mill!!! And some of your skills. ;-) Everything looks so clean, I'm surely staying tuned on the on this one. Keep up the cool design work. "thumbsup"
Ernie

ToyZuki 01-24-2018 11:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Knew you'd make me proud! You need the new t case! 2.6 to the rear and 1.8 to the front!

chino63 01-24-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwnewbie (Post 5792639)
Awesome progress! Can't wait to see another trx4 toyzuki done!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 5792641)
Alright Dean, this is going to be a cool, very informative build. Like I said, you are the master! I know one thing, I need a Mill!!! And some of your skills. ;-) Everything looks so clean, I'm surely staying tuned on the on this one. Keep up the cool design work. "thumbsup"
Ernie

Thanks Ernie, I don't know about "the master", I'm just a guy addicted to making things fit that shouldn't. Lol
I have zero formal training, learned as i went along. started with a Grizzly mini mill I got off Craigslist. Made a trade for a full size mill my friend had collecting dust next door at his shop, best trade ever! I'm sure you would pick it up easily and be making cool stuff in no time. "thumbsup"

I know a guy who has a hook up on older machine shop equipment when you decide you really need one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyZuki (Post 5792646)
Knew you'd make me proud! You need the new t case! 2.6 to the rear and 1.8 to the front!

Haha, thanks Ben! That looks like a killer set up but no need for the overdrive t-case, you'll see why soon enough. ;-)

Peaker 01-25-2018 12:43 AM

There is that weird "thud" sound from the bottom side of my computer table.

I like what you do with the motor, i have been brainstorming for a while how to get them lower, and how low one can actually go before running into things like links.

For the machine wanting people, maybe get a lathe instead, you can "mill" to a large extend on a lathe by putting your item on the chuck, but you cant really late on a milling machine to the same degree.

Itali83 01-25-2018 03:11 AM

What's the ratio of the transfer case? How are you getting enough reduction with no transmission? I love the design and simplicity of your motor mount and use of parts for the output shaft into the transfer case. Nice work!!

Ben

Farmer 01-25-2018 04:48 AM

Dude.........so sweet, love it!!! Between the slammed stance and sweet axles looks like it will be a fun rig to drive.

Later,
Farmer

1BadJeepBruiser 01-25-2018 05:27 AM

with every build your machining skills are getting better and better! That motor mount looks awesome! I remember when you were making chino clone skids for me in a vise with hack saw and file :ror::mrgreen:

travis c. 01-25-2018 07:59 AM

YES, YES, YES!!!! "thumbsup"

Highmark 01-25-2018 11:43 AM

The front is art - but I think the back is going to blow peoples minds. :lol:

justinart24 01-25-2018 12:42 PM

I am lost for words, amazing job Dean!"thumbsup"

JatoTheRipper 01-25-2018 01:08 PM

Very cool build! I need a ToyZuki...

imthatguy 01-25-2018 04:02 PM

Um, there can only be one Power Wagon Toyzuki.

So I give up. ;-)

chino63 01-30-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peaker (Post 5792668)
There is that weird "thud" sound from the bottom side of my computer table.

I like what you do with the motor, i have been brainstorming for a while how to get them lower, and how low one can actually go before running into things like links.

For the machine wanting people, maybe get a lathe instead, you can "mill" to a large extend on a lathe by putting your item on the chuck, but you cant really late on a milling machine to the same degree.

Thanks, it's about as low as I dare put it, any lower and there will be all kinds of issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itali83 (Post 5792683)
What's the ratio of the transfer case? How are you getting enough reduction with no transmission? I love the design and simplicity of your motor mount and use of parts for the output shaft into the transfer case. Nice work!!

Ben

Thank you Ben. The t-case is 1:1. All the reduction I need is in the axles. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer (Post 5792691)
Dude.........so sweet, love it!!! Between the slammed stance and sweet axles looks like it will be a fun rig to drive.

Later,
Farmer

Thanks man, wish I could get it lower but due to the portals, it's a tough compromise. It's running now and is indeed a fun rig but as all new builds, needs some dialing in

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 5792699)
with every build your machining skills are getting better and better! That motor mount looks awesome! I remember when you were making chino clone skids for me in a vise with hack saw and file :ror::mrgreen:

Thanks Mike, yeah, it's fun stuff. I still have the vise from the good ole days! Lol

chino63 01-30-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travis c. (Post 5792740)
YES, YES, YES!!!! "thumbsup"

Thanks Travis, hope we can get together again sometime for a good scale session.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highmark (Post 5792821)
The front is art - but I think the back is going to blow peoples minds. :lol:

The rear is what makes it all possible. :ror:

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinart24 (Post 5792848)
I am lost for words, amazing job Dean!"thumbsup"

Thank you Justin!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5792860)
Very cool build! I need a ToyZuki...

Yes you do, worth the coin for sure. Works great and accepts modification and customization easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthatguy (Post 5792934)
Um, there can only be one Power Wagon Toyzuki.

So I give up. ;-)

Thanks Matt, I'm sure you will have a stellar Toyzuki PW if you choose to do so. "thumbsup"

chino63 02-04-2018 05:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's some more progress...

Made some stand offs for the rear body mounts, longer servo mounts for the servo winch and lopped off 1" of the bed.