Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: SCX10 II Kit Build Thread (First Kit Build&First Crawler)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #1

Default SCX10 II Kit Build Thread (First Kit Build&First Crawler)

Hello all new to the forum. Might not be the place for introductions but oh well. Good to be part of the community. Just recently decided to take up scale crawling after so many years of being intrigued. So thanks for your time and here is my build..
First off the kit, its an axial scx10 2 jeep cherokee.

When building this i had exactly the "outcome" in mind of what i wanted it to be capable of. Which is to operate and function as scale as possible. Maybe not so much scale looks as much as scale functionality. So i then knew i needed weight in the right places and really soft tires. But first here is a picture of the initial construction worksite.

Then orders were made and parts were shipped slowly but surely, and they still are flowing in..
Aftermarket Parts List.....
Xtra Speed Axle Housings
SSD C-Hubs/Knuckles & Brass Weights
I ordered some G-Made SR02 Beadlocks (awaiting arrival still)
RC4WD Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
STRC Front, Center, and Rear Chassis Brace
STRC Shock Towers
STRC Servo Brace
STRC Transmission Brace
Beef Tubes Link Mounts
Integy Battery Tray Brace
CBE Shock Keys
Still Need the esc, battery to get her going. But am sincerely enjoying tinkering with this.
The main reason for these particular upgrades were not for the "fashion" aspect but for frame rigidity and weight soley. I have a basic 45 turn rc4wd can motor, im picking up a Hobbywing WP1080 ESC and i went big on the servo, its a Savox 499 0z/in torque, forgot the particular model but can post if your interested.
I also custom modified the front stock bumper to not only fit closer to the frame for better approach angle but it also fits the jeep body better also.
I am not going brushless on this build because imo alot of wheel speed is "unscale". But im not new to the hobby and know how things get, so maybe down the road...
The rear bumper is gone for now i wasnt satisfied with the looks or function, but im a machinist so ill fabricate something at work for it.. the jeep body just hangs way out there lol she has a big butt..

Anyway here are somore pictures if yall want more/detailed pictures let me kknow and thanks for your time.. shes a work in progress.
I cant wait to get her out on the trail. Im open to comments and suggestions and questions thankyou.
I would estimate the weight without a battery to be around 6.5-7 lbs? will have to confirm.

KrAwLeRFiNaTiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

SCX10 II Kit Build Thread (First Kit Build&First Crawler) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My SCX10 II Kit Build w/ Pics (First Ever Kit Build) KrAwLeRFiNaTiC 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 02-20-2018 08:54 PM
Jayn Kit Build Thread Jayn Axial Yeti XL 43 12-17-2015 07:32 AM
Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1/10 Rock Crawler Kit Build, Chapter 2 "The Mod Build" JAM MaxAmps.com Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 06-06-2008 10:00 PM