Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: "Forty One" by Ayala Metal Works for Crawler Innovations; 1.9 Ultra4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: "Forty One" by Ayala Metal Works for Crawler Innovations; 1.9 Ultra4

New front shock mounts.

Hot Racing Brass Steering Knuckles.

Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: "Forty One" by Ayala Metal Works for Crawler Innovations; 1.9 Ultra4

Front electronics tray and battery tray made from 1/16th Delrin.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:04 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

This brings the thread up to current day.
Forty one is running and many updates to come.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:58 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

great build!!!!!
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Update: Motor swap
The 13.5 Tekin Gen 3 with an 11 tooth pinion was to fast so trying a Tekin Pro4HD 2600KV with the smallest pinion for a 5mm shaft which is a 11 tooth pinion.

Trail Pics

Old 11-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

More Trail Pics

Old 11-30-2018, 12:33 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Trail damage: the A to D pillar bent in between the B to C pillar on a hard rollover to fix this I just bent the bar back as good as I can and sent it back to the trails.

Tire Wear

Old 11-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

More

The 3 bolts that hold the Vanquish Products spool and ring gear broke in the rear axle...

So I TIG welded the ring gear to spool and since the rear broke I knew that the front would break so I took the front apart and got some Hot Racing Overdrive gears and welded those to a Vanquish Products Spool for the front axle.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #29
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the first video of the Ayala Metal Works built "Forty One" rc crawler. This video will serve as a baseline, not the completed version of Forty One. After this video was filmed, Gavin made changes to Forty One which will be seen in the following series of videos for this build.

The set up for Forty One in this video included a 2500KV Tekin Racing Pro4HD motor, Castle Creations One Cell ESC and CC BEC, on 4S Lipo. Hitec steering servo. Both axles are Vanquish Products Curries and have standard VP AR44 gear sets. The tires are 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast, the foams are Crawler Innovations 4.50" Lil Nova P/N; CWR-2025 in front with Deuces Wild in the rear; P/N; CWR-3001 The 1.9 bead lock wheels are Vanquish Products.

Video credits;
Driver: Edmundo Ayala
Filmer: Gavin Ayala
Editor: Gavin Ayala
Builder of Forty One: Gavin Ayala

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 12-04-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: fixing link & spell check
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #30
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the second video of the Ayala Metal Works built "Forty One" rc crawler. Changes made to Forty One for this video include a new motor pinion for more gear reduction, adjustments to the Castle Creations ESC programming, and changes to the Traxxas Big Bore rear shocks.

The set up for Forty One in this video included a 2500KV Tekin Racing Pro4HD motor, Castle Creations One Cell ESC and CC BEC, on 4S Lipo. Hitec steering servo. Both axles are Vanquish Products Curries and have standard VP AR44 gear sets. The tires are 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast, the foams are Crawler Innovations 4.50" Lil Nova P/N; CWR-2025 in front with Deuces Wild in the rear; P/N; CWR-3001 The 1.9 bead lock wheels are Vanquish Products.

Video credits;
Driver: Edmundo Ayala
Filmer: Gavin Ayala
Builder of Forty One: Gavin Ayala

Old 12-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I took Forty One apart to add light bar, rear light bar, motor swap, front fenders, and a sway bar. The front fenders are 1/16 delrin mounted to the shock tab and light bar. The light bar is a Vanquish Products Rigid 2 inch LED light bar I welded tabs and added more tube to the bumper.

The rear rock light is a Vanquish Products Rigid 1 inch LED light bar.

The tube on the chassis is the sway bar.

Motor swap from a Tekin Pro4HD 2600KV to a Castle Creations sensored 2850KV Four Pole Brushless motor with a 11 tooth pinion.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I added more tube to the roof for strength.

More Pics

Old 12-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #33
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the first video of the Ayala Metal Works Chuggy and Forty One together on the Crawler Innovations rock garden. Both vehicles are TIG welded creations of my son Gavin of Ayala Metal Works. Both vehicles are based off the Axial racing SCX10.2 platform. Both vehicles have Vanquish Products Currie axles, motor plates, transmission top shafts, titanium links, transfer cases and 1.9 bead locks. Both vehicles are using the Pitbull Tires 1.9 Rock Beast (4.50" OG size), with Crawler Innovations 4.50" Lil Nova Comp Cut Foams. P/N; CWR-2025 front and CWR-2026 rear.

Build thread for Chuggy;
''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Build thread for Forty One;
"Forty One" by Ayala Metal Works for Crawler Innovations; 1.9 Ultra4

Crawler Innovations web store;
RC Crawler Foams, Rock Crawler Foams, Tires and More by Crawler Innovations

Ayala Metal Works channel;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7o...w84G931mmCGgaA

Video Credits:
Forty One segment:
Driver; Edmundo Ayala
Filmer; Gavin Ayala

Chuggy segment:
Driver; Gavin Ayala
Filmer; Edmundo Ayala

#crawlerinnovations #activatedoutlaw #ayalametalworks
Old 12-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #34
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Gavin, of Ayala Metal Works, takes "Forty One" out on the rocks at the CI compound for a session that he made into two videos for Crawler Innovations. This is video one.

For those following along in the videos of this build, you'll notice that Gavin has completed the interior, painting it by hand. Other items to note, the 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast Tires are mounted to Vanquish Products bead locks and filled with Crawler Innovations proto-type dual stage closed cell foams. Both the outer and inner are made from closed cell, are water proof, and track the rim very well.

Gavin's Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7o...w84G931mmCGgaA

Old 12-31-2018, 12:20 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

I hand painted the interior and put some stickers on.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:25 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

More

All back together with interior installed and lights wired.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

More Trail Pics

Old 12-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Old 12-31-2018, 12:35 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Old 01-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #40
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This video features three C.I. vehicles, Black Cherry, the Dakar rig, and Forty One.

The 1.9 build named "Black Cherry", built by Gavin of Ayala Metal Works, build thread link;
Gavin's Class 2 SORRCA Toyota Truggy reborn - the 3rd & 4th time now

The 2.2 build named "the Dakar rig", contributing builder build thread link;
Szczerba's Second CXT Build

The 1.9 build named "Forty One", built by Gavin of Ayala Metal Works, build thread link;
"Forty One" by Ayala Metal Works for Crawler Innovations; 1.9 Ultra4

Filmed on location @ LeGrande House on 11.03.2018;
City of Tyler - Parks and Recreation > Convention & Tourism Facilities > Goodman Museum

W/T/F on Black Cherry; 1.9 Vanquish Products Beadlocks, 1.9 Pitbull Tires Rock Beast (standard height), Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Medium Outer dual stage foams in front CWR-2025, Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Firm Outer dual stage foams in rear CWR-2026.

W/T/F on the Dakar rig; 2.2 Dude Crawler Works custom Beadlocks, 2.2 RC4WD MIL-SPEC ZXL tires, Deuces Wild Single Stage Standard foams in front CWR-3003, Deuces Wild Heavy Weight Single Stage Standard foams in rear CWR-3303

W/T/F on Forty One; 1.9 Vanquish Products Beadlocks, 1.9 Pitbull Tires Rock Beast (standard height), Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Medium Outer dual stage foams in front CWR-2025, Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Firm Outer dual stage foams in rear CWR-2026.

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw

Tags
#activatedoutlaw, #ayalametalworks, #cicellblock, #crawlerinnovations, #lilnovafoams

"Forty One" by Ayala Metal Works for Crawler Innovations; 1.9 Ultra4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations "Big Blue" - 2.2 KOH Crawler; wraith based Nova's Ark Axial Wraith 91 07-17-2019 02:22 PM
2013 Mini Clod "Crawler Innovations" Shelf Rig Szczerba Tamiya Clod Buster 62 01-20-2019 08:56 AM