Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New Project for my Bro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Project for my Bro

I’ll have to check hillbilly. These were some Ebay specials that came complete with hubs / hardware.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #62
RCC Addict

I have the same ones but I mine came with scale hardware for the hubs too. That is why I asked.

Jeep is looking good btw.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
10-4. Shoot me a DM when you get back in to it.
Now that my backyard crawler course is 95% complete, I got back into it and resumed my crawler build. You inspired me with your awesome Project for my Bro build and I decided to follow your lead. One of my best friends, who is also a Marine Veteran and like a Brother to me, loves RC Rock Crawling. He's been having a blast with one of my spare crawlers since his financial situation is a bit tight. What better way to take care of him than to build this crawler for him. The build thread is Another Injora Chassis Build. Thanks again mewalsh for the inspiration!
mv1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:21 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv1985 View Post
Now that my backyard crawler course is 95% complete, I got back into it and resumed my crawler build. You inspired me with your awesome Project for my Bro build and I decided to follow your lead. One of my best friends, who is also a Marine Veteran and like a Brother to me, loves RC Rock Crawling. He's been having a blast with one of my spare crawlers since his financial situation is a bit tight. What better way to take care of him than to build this crawler for him. The build thread is Another Injora Chassis Build. Thanks again mewalsh for the inspiration!
That’s awesome mv! So cool to see how many people on this forum look out for more than just themselves. It looks like my Bro and I will finally be able to get together this week. I can’t wait to make the hand off to him. I’m sure your buddy is going to be totally stoked when you drop that rig on him. Awesome stuff all around!
Old 12-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

T minus one day to hand off! My brother is cruising up this Wednesday to hang out for a few days. Took some time this morning to wrap up a few finishing touches.

The bumpers stuck out way too far for my liking, and the post mounts for them were bottomed out in the chassis. Pulled them off, cut down the posts, then drilled new holes for the set screws. Looks a lot better and will definitely provide a good bit more approach and departure for him. I couldn't find a front bumper that I really liked on this rig, so for the time being, I just used the stock plastic unit. I stubbed it in on the sides for better wheel clearance during steering / articulation, and cut off the additional upper bull bars that extended out to the ends that I lopped off. Actually doesn't look too shabby, plus it'll give him a chance to pick something out.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with how scale this thing is starting to look and I know he'll really dig that because that was what most excited him when I started showing him rigs here and on youtube. (as well as my own rigs). I didn't mount the hi-lift jack either because I'm not sure where he'll want it and he'll want to paint it up as well. I know he's going to take it to the next level with some detail painting and weathering. I'll be sure to post some more updates when he does that!
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

WOW, fantastic job mewalsh!!!!! Your Brother is going to love it, guaranteed! Good job cutting the edges on the front bumper, like the way that looks. Again, great job my friend, Bravo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
WOW, fantastic job mewalsh!!!!! Your Brother is going to love it, guaranteed! Good job cutting the edges on the front bumper, like the way that looks. Again, great job my friend, Bravo

Thanks mv! I think we both took these rigs to the next level for our Bros! Let me know what your buddy thinks when you hand yours off to him.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Safe to say my Bro digged his Rig! We got some snow crawling in during the day and at night. Super cold, but we had a great time!
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #69
Rock Stacker

Glad to see you got this into his hands. Excellent job!
Daycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:48 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
Glad to see you got this into his hands. Excellent job!
Thanks Daycrawler! I think I was as excited to give it to him as he was to get it. It was awesome cause I just let him drive for a few minutes before I told him it was all his!
Old 12-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

A couple more pics from our crawl sessions. He’s officially got the bug now. After crawling on and off for a couple days, he was having me bring up Crawling videos on youtube at night. Full immersion has commenced!
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2019, 12:26 PM   #72
Go Buckeyes!

Oh yeah, he's hooked! Once YouTube is involved there is no way out of the addiction! I still spend too many hours a day watching tiny trucks crawl on rocks!

Nice pics of the frozen Tundra!

It's just too damn cold for me to get out! But I remember once being a newbee and the cold and rain never bothered me! So I'm sure he's lovin' every minute of it!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Oh yeah, he's hooked! Once YouTube is involved there is no way out of the addiction! I still spend too many hours a day watching tiny trucks crawl on rocks!

It's just too damn cold for me to get out! But I remember once being a newbee and the cold and rain never bothered me! So I'm sure he's lovin' every minute of it!
Glad he loved it, and even moreso that the but bit him, too. CONGRATS!!!

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

I haven’t done much snow crawling since my newb days either Brian, but I have to say it was a blast. (We both got some wind burn though!) My buddy Gary came down with his brand new Sport too, so that was cool. The full Carhart suit served me well!

Strangely, while the snow and ice made some of the rocks and features impossible, in other areas, I think it helped. The rock bridge crossing over the creek has some fissures and holes that swallow tires whole and can really hang you up. The snow and ice pack filled a lot of those in to the point that it was pretty darn smooth and negotiable.

At any rate, I think I’ve finally enlisted some help to get things moving along more quickly on the course. My Bro wants to get back up soon to help and my buddy Gary has the bug now as well. We came up with a bunch of ideas to take things to the next level.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Glad he loved it, and even moreso that the but bit him, too. CONGRATS!!!

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Thanks Panther! It was so awesome to let him run it for a bit then let him know it was his! He was in complete disbelief, but totally stoked! It was hilarious watching him learn to drive, chose lines, negotiate obstacles and features. He could not get enough. I was also able to give him 3, 3s Lipos and my old charger so he is good to go. I was chuckling to myself about him wanting to watch video after video of crawling and courses on youtube as well. (We’ve all been.....er.....are there!)

He’s planning on getting to work with the detailing and weathering of the body this week. I advised that I’ll need photo updates as folks here want to see progress. (He sat down at the table here last night and black-lined the door, hood, trunk gaps, etc.) Yeah, he’s hooked good now!
Old 12-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Been waiting for this. That's really neat that he's so enthusiastic. Great job with bros new rig. No matter how much I hate the really cold stuff, I'd love to run both my full-size JK and a few of my crawlers through the white stuff a few times.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #77
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
I haven’t done much snow crawling since my newb days either Brian, but I have to say it was a blast. (We both got some wind burn though!) My buddy Gary came down with his brand new Sport too, so that was cool. The full Carhart suit served me well!

Strangely, while the snow and ice made some of the rocks and features impossible, in other areas, I think it helped. The rock bridge crossing over the creek has some fissures and holes that swallow tires whole and can really hang you up. The snow and ice pack filled a lot of those in to the point that it was pretty darn smooth and negotiable.

At any rate, I think I’ve finally enlisted some help to get things moving along more quickly on the course. My Bro wants to get back up soon to help and my buddy Gary has the bug now as well. We came up with a bunch of ideas to take things to the next level.
I knew your Brother would love that Jeep! Great pics in the snow!
My Bro loved his Marine Corps crawler, we're probably going to hit the rocks as soon as I get back from vacation.

Fantastic build mewalsh!

Old 12-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #78

How did the Injora chassis perform. I have no problems with mine and I only intend to replace bits as break otherwise keep it as bought.
Sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:05 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Been waiting for this. That's really neat that he's so enthusiastic. Great job with bros new rig. No matter how much I hate the really cold stuff, I'd love to run both my full-size JK and a few of my crawlers through the white stuff a few times.
Thanks high plains! It gives a whole different feel that’s for sure.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:07 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I knew your Brother would love that Jeep! Great pics in the snow!
My Bro loved his Marine Corps crawler, we're probably going to hit the rocks as soon as I get back from vacation.

Fantastic build mewalsh!

We had a blast mv! Your Marine Corp tribute rig turned out fantastic. Make sure you post up some pics of you guys out trailing and crawling.

New Project for my Bro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bro dozer bongsten 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 12-24-2016 06:51 PM
Yeah Bro johnnyt Chit Chat 1 01-08-2011 06:03 AM