Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New Project for my Bro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2020, 05:46 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Project for my Bro

Was going back thru the 'Grams archive and figured I'd post up a few more pics from Snow Crawl '19 with my Bro and buddy Gary. Hard to believe Winter is on its way out. It went quick this year. Looking forward to dry rocks and trails and warmer temps tho!
Attached Images

mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #102
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
His rig is still going strong mv. A few more battle scars and scrapes, but no mechanicals. He has not done any comps, but he's run now with some other guys he met closer to home. Sounds like a good group and we have plans to run together the next time I get down to his place.

What about the one you did for your Bro? Has he comped his? Honestly, I think between it and a licensed SCX10ii, it would simply come down to the driver.
Glad to hear your Brother's rig is running well! My Bro has been giving it a good pounding on the rocks, three comps, USTE 2020 and several trail runs and still no chassis or tranny issues of any kind! Just like your Brother's, a few scrapes on the body, lost his rear view mirrors...LOOOOOLLL
mv1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:34 PM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Was going back thru the 'Grams archive and figured I'd post up a few more pics from Snow Crawl '19 with my Bro and buddy Gary. Hard to believe Winter is on its way out. It went quick this year. Looking forward to dry rocks and trails and warmer temps tho!
Wow, awesome pics mewalsh! Seeing that snow makes me miss my trip to North Georgia and Tennessee. Living in sunny Florida, I don't get to run my rigs in that kind of weather but I had a blast in it last year. Here are a few pics of my Bro's truck at comps....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2020, 05:32 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Looks like you guys had an awesome little group, and I could deal with some of that sun y'all get! How are he / you liking the Duratrax Deep Woods? I have to be honest, I kinda bought them on a whim and was not expecting a whole lot out of them. Man! They continue to surprise me and impress the hell out of me. They just seem to be able to work and hook-up everywhere. Dirt, Loam, Snow, Rocks. They just plain work. I mentioned this on my 'Grams feed a while back and stated that I might get flamed, but I'd honestly give them the nod over my Proline Krawlers.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:54 AM   #105
Pebble Pounder

All 5 trucks in that last pics have Deep Woods. You can't beat the price, great performance. I am going to try a set of Hyrax 1.9's. I saw someone at the last comp scale a wall sideways, looked like spiderman!

Old 03-18-2020, 07:57 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv1985 View Post
All 5 trucks in that last pics have Deep Woods. You can't beat the price, great performance. I am going to try a set of Hyrax 1.9's. I saw someone at the last comp scale a wall sideways, looked like spiderman!

I've got the 1.9 and 2.2 iterations of the Hyrax. It is a good all around tire. It tends to load up in wet, muddy, loamy conditions. But, overall it's a solid tire.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:20 AM   #107
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I've got the 1.9 and 2.2 iterations of the Hyrax. It is a good all around tire. It tends to load up in wet, muddy, loamy conditions. But, overall it's a solid tire.
Finally got two sets of Hyrax tires, 1.9 and 2.2's. Great all around tire, no issues scaling the rocks in my backyard course, just like my deep woods. You were spot on mewalsh!
Old 04-22-2020, 06:29 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv1985 View Post
Finally got two sets of Hyrax tires, 1.9 and 2.2's. Great all around tire, no issues scaling the rocks in my backyard course, just like my deep woods. You were spot on mewalsh!

New Project for my Bro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bro dozer bongsten 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 12-24-2016 06:51 PM
Yeah Bro johnnyt Chit Chat 1 01-08-2011 06:03 AM