Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone. An RCC Legend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #401
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
Mike, that thing looks SICK with the Stompers..!!! One sweet yota..!!
Thanks dude, I am really happy with the look now

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven View Post
What I mean by length is are they the 100mm 90mm or 80mm scale shocks Thanks

Gary, I have the 100s, but my truck sags them a good deal cause its a piggy, if it didnt sag they would actually be to tall, so I would say maybe the 90s??? kinda hard to judge since its not my rig. It you got weight to it, the 100s should be ok.

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #402
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Mike
draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #403
I lost my vendor privileges

new rubber looks great Mike.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #404
RCC Addict

this truck has always been cool now, it just plan sick. those tires look perfect
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #405
Rock Stacker

that looks awsome. i was wondering how well they would tuck into the fenders. looks like a good match. great work
joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #406
Quarry Creeper

dude that ruck looks sick i love the way the stompers look and they look alot taller than the other tires youve had on it i cant wait to get a set of em for my hl there awsome
hiliftcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #407
Quarry Creeper

Awesome Yota man! Loved the pics from moab and Ringing Rocks.Somehow I missed the scale run at RR!? The place is like 20 minutes from home,maybe next time.Keep the rigs and pics coming,you inspire alot of people on this sight,me included!Jim
jhtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #408
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtoy View Post
Awesome Yota man! Loved the pics from moab and Ringing Rocks.Somehow I missed the scale run at RR!? The place is like 20 minutes from home,maybe next time.Keep the rigs and pics coming,you inspire alot of people on this sight,me included!Jim
Thanks for the kind words Jim, I hope to see you and the Bronco the next time we are out that way. I definitely want to organize a scale comp there in the spring. Its a bit of a drive for me, but that place is worth it

-Mike
Old 12-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #409

This rig is really sweet, I'm gonna have to go lie down for awhile until the burning desire to possess something just like it wears off...

LOL who am I kidding! Time for a clickety-click over to eBay for a Bruiser frame and some TLT axles

Steve
surfimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #410

I have the perfect response to this truck. My step sister just walked in and I convinced her this was Mike's real 1:1 truck. She almost didnt question except the fact that there was no one in it. I just told her he parked it in crazy situations then got out and took pictures haha. She thought it was weird but believed me.

Last edited by BlackJack; 12-21-2007 at 06:29 PM.
BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #411
I wanna be Dave

damn... i just read through this entire thread. even after seeing it in person at moab i didnt realize just what a work of art it is. now after seeing all the work thats gone into it i can honestly say im amazed by this truck and your patience and skill, mike.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #412
Sinking with the ship

After an extremely rough week, things have settled down and are starting to look up for me. For those who know what I mean, everything is going to be "OK".

So with that said, I received a box from the OG scale Toyota crawler builder, Chino63, in it contained a front bumper (and a bonus which will appear on another truck soon), I'm sure some of you may recognize from his thread. Dean was kind enough to pass it my way after he built a new one for himself. A member here asked me to build him a replica of the bumper I had on my truck but with the lack of time I had I told him I couldnt but if he wanted to make an offer on mine I would sell it. he did, and it was to good to pass up but, that left me bumperless until now. So after doing work around the house, I headed into the garage, bumper in hand, ruler, and some other misc tools and such. A short time later, I finished up and headed back into the basement, got out the dremel and started cutting the body and grill/bumper....

All said and done, a new 1BadnChinoBuilt front bumper

All I really did was add the stinger, if thats what you would call it, and some tow points and filled in some welds with the brazing wire.

I also mounted up my juggsterr winch to it, and finally made a small bracket to hold the controller box like I did on my Bronco rather then just having it shoe goo'd like its been . I then wasnt happy with the way the D-rings I had on it looked so I opted for some Juggsterr ones.

RC4WD answered us with the Wagon Wheel and I immediately ordered up a set in black. I also decided to see how the rock crushers look from RC4WD which I got from The Crawler Store. I had picked up a couple weeks back some hubs from The Scale Shop which are made by Mnster, they are the PERFECT size for these wheels

O and one last thing... I man'd up and leafed it Thanks to the new dinky links

Turned down TLTs replaced the RC4WD shocks, painted them white with a rancho sticker and some Bruiser shock boots

Even with it being leafed it still flexes it out pretty well... Gotta break in the new leafs in the back.

Thanks for looking
Mike
Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #413
I wanna be Dave

So now you are really ready for scale nats?

nice new digs, rig looks sicker than ever with leafs all around.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #414
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

mike, its good to see updates on this hot piece. one question though, how long do you reckon it takes to break in a pair of leafs. i just switched over to the steel ones and am pleasantly displeased with the flex of only the main leaf. i should have been running them all last season but whatever.

also are you montana ready? im certainly not.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #415
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
So now you are really ready for scale nats?

nice new digs, rig looks sicker than ever with leafs all around.
I think so... im going to talk the boss 2morrow at work to see whats good... He told me last week that he likes me a lot and to keep doing what I'm doing so I am hoping he will let me have the 2 and half days that I need... thats what it will all be riding on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
mike, its good to see updates on this hot piece. one question though, how long do you reckon it takes to break in a pair of leafs. i just switched over to the steel ones and am pleasantly displeased with the flex of only the main leaf. i should have been running them all last season but whatever.

also are you montana ready? im certainly not.
Obi my trucks a tank weight wise, so it probably wont take to long for them to wear in... problem is I rarely drive or get to drive my stuff. But I will say that I broke in the fronts in Moab at the nats this past year in the 4 days that I drove it around, so what will probably happen is, Ill get to Bens, theyll be stiff as hell and by the time I leave theyll be good to go I run the main leaf and the 2nd large leaf, leave the small one out, seams to work well for me.

-Mike
Old 04-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #416
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And when I think this truck can't get any sicker you one up it, looks awsome Mike.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #417
Oppan Gangnam Style

Hey Mike, that bumper looks better on your truck than on mine. Stinger looks good too! As for the leafs, can you inboard them at all? I mean shackles and everything too. You will have to relocate the shocks but it will flex much better.

P.S. That thing looks great!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #418
Pebble Pounder

Awesome Bruiser Hybrid 1Bad it looks amazing
RC_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #419
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

yeah i hear ya, i havent been able to seriously run the truck for more than 30 minutes run time in a few months. we need to put some more miles on these things.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #420
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip cross View Post
And when I think this truck can't get any sicker you one up it, looks awsome Mike.
Thanks dude, I am happy with the new look. Cutting the body was scary as I was afraid of the "what if" I dont like this look, but I think it looks badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Hey Mike, that bumper looks better on your truck than on mine. Stinger looks good too! As for the leafs, can you inboard them at all? I mean shackles and everything too. You will have to relocate the shocks but it will flex much better.

P.S. That thing looks great!
Thanks Dean I think the bumper looks awesome, especially with the stinger.

I could probably in board them, it would take away from the appearance some so I dunno if I want to do that just yet. Plus I think the TLT shocks may be bottoming out before full tuck May have to make my own shocks like on my OG lux and see how it does then.

Thanks for the + feedback guys
-Mike

1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone. An RCC Legend - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Chino Clone" - Chapter 2 51WillysJeep 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 05-18-2010 01:22 PM
Opinions sought: Can I get there from here? High Lift --> Chino clone surfimp 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 12-28-2007 08:30 AM