Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone. An RCC Legend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #461
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Your truck has been on my screen saver at work and home for almost a year now. It is definitely one of my favorite rigs on RCC. To me it is the model or mold of scaleness and functionality. Super cool rig and the fact that you keep improving on it keeps making it more interesting.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 04:18 AM   #462
RCC Addict

Well, I NEVER figured I'd see the day that this truck went up for sale ( in fact I had asked Mike about selling it before, and he said he wouldn't). I just so happened to get LUCKY enough to scan thru the for sale section yesterday afternoon and saw it listed and I was like..

After a few quick e-mails to Mike, we had a deal worked out, and the "Clone" will NOW be headed my direction very shortly..!!

I have wanted and admired this rig ( like MANY of you guys on here) from the moment I first saw it a few years ago. This truck was "THE" truck that raised the bar to its highest level..! ( for you "Newbies" reading this keep in mind that this truck was built BEFORE Tamiya re-released the "Hilux").

Back in the day when R/C Crawling first started taking off, you had to have deep pockets to build one of these hybrids because you needed an OG Bruiser frame and OG Bruiser body, neither of which were cheap.... Mike left NO stone unturned when trying to create the most scale yet functional rig he could back then, and i've always wanted it- now it will soon be headed to its new home .

This truck has also graced the pages of many national magazines and has been wheeled all over the country.. Its an ICON amongst the R/C Crawling community, and I'm now honored to have it as part of my collection..!! ( I already broke the news to "Clampy" and he's excited he'll be able to now wheel with the Original "Clone"..!! ).
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:43 AM   #463
RCC Addict

And I thought I had a problem. Congrats on the new (old) rig Chris
What are your plans for it?
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #464
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
After a few quick e-mails to Mike, we had a deal worked out, and the "Clone" will NOW be headed my direction very shortly..!!
It's great to see it went to someone who is active on the boards so eveyone will still be able to admire it
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #465
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
It's great to see it went to someone who is active on the boards so eveyone will still be able to admire it
X freakin 2! I cant wait to see that thing next to clampy
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:09 AM   #466
RCC Addict

Nice score, glad to see this ended up in good hands.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #467
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
well said man.
aside from all the whoflungpoo and meatbucket bullshit, i dig the history of "scalers".

nice score, glad to see its going to a good home to get the final respectful resting grounds... and not going to be turned into a submarine somewhere and driven around on the bottom of a pond.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:38 AM   #468
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
and not going to be turned into a submarine somewhere and driven around on the bottom of a pond.
lol nice analogy

Nice grab Chris ...... if it ever stops raining in N.E. I'll have to head out with you and see this one too.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 AM   #469
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
Well, I NEVER figured I'd see the day that this truck went up for sale ( in fact I had asked Mike about selling it before, and he said he wouldn't). I just so happened to get LUCKY enough to scan thru the for sale section yesterday afternoon and saw it listed and I was like..

I have wanted and admired this rig ( like MANY of you guys on here) from the moment I first saw it a few years ago. This truck was "THE" truck that raised the bar to its highest level..! ( for you "Newbies" reading this keep in mind that this truck was built BEFORE Tamiya re-released the "Hilux").

Back in the day when R/C Crawling first started taking off, you had to have deep pockets to build one of these hybrids because you needed an OG Bruiser frame and OG Bruiser body, neither of which were cheap.... Mike left NO stone unturned when trying to create the most scale yet functional rig he could back then, and i've always wanted it- now it will soon be headed to its new home .

This truck has also graced the pages of many national magazines and has been wheeled all over the country.. Its an ICON amongst the R/C Crawling community, and I'm now honored to have it as part of my collection..!! ( I already broke the news to "Clampy" and he's excited he'll be able to now wheel with the Original "Clone"..!! ).
I am glad you are going to end up with it Chris, if anyone can appreciate this truck its you

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
well said man.
aside from all the whoflungpoo and meatbucket bullshit, i dig the history of "scalers".

nice score, glad to see its going to a good home to get the final respectful resting grounds... and not going to be turned into a submarine somewhere and driven around on the bottom of a pond.
Ummm .... Im confused...you mean to tell me this is not a submarine? WTF have I been building all this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
And I thought I had a problem. Congrats on the new (old) rig Chris
What are your plans for it?
I know he plans to wheel it, and after yesterdays PMs probably change the wheels... The one thing I hope he doesnt change is the shit brown color that is what made this truck as cool as it is
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #470
RCC Addict

LMAO - Nope- that $hit brown color is STAYING..!!!!!!
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #471
Built, not bought

Congrats Chris.
Good to see it going to a great home.
I don't think alot of the newer members can truly appreciate all that was put into this truck.Have fun with it.
Pat
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #472
RCC Addict

Whew! Glad to know this went to good home!

Chris, Can't wait to see all of the Hybrids together
chino438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #473
Quarry Creeper

pokin' around for ideas to borrow, what a great thread.
seven.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #474
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: 1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone

Bump for one of the best yotas of all time
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #475
Adilynsdad too!

I think the motor went out again... And he lives across the street from a laundry mat. Oh wait that's his real life
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #476
I wanna be Dave

Mike, this rig is a piece of our generations scale history! The fact that you kept the og modified axles with scale doc's and other period correct parts makes the rig stand apart.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote

1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone. An RCC Legend - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Chino Clone" - Chapter 2 51WillysJeep 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 05-18-2010 01:22 PM
Opinions sought: Can I get there from here? High Lift --> Chino clone surfimp 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 12-28-2007 08:30 AM