Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone. An RCC Legend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #101
Oppan Gangnam Style

Keys on bench this time and not in your ignition? Congratulations my friend are making progress! Now don't lock yourself out of the house.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #102
Sinking with the ship

Default Update

Well I finished up the paint work this weekend. Cab came out nicely, just the way I wanted it too. Primered fender, flat black hood and a gloss brown...for now . I also started on the tool box lid, its starting to reall come long nicely . I built drive shafts up for it too, and as it looks I am going to have enouh clearance to to drop the floor board some so I am pretty siked about that. The interior is going to be totally badass in this one. I also sent a million pics to my good friend Kevin/Juggsterr a long with some measurements and he custom built me a badass front body mount and a rear shock mount Well here are some pics of the progress, body mount and shock mount are in the mail so It be fully rolling soon

1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #103
Sinking with the ship

Default just some detailing

Had some time lastnight to do some detail work on the body...take forever to do it nicely...I almost hate doing it cause i know the body is going to get scrapped up but itll look good for a little while at least.

There was so much paint on this body to begin with that the badge here lost alot of its detail :-( I tried my best to get to look good

Door handles, locks are all done

Rear window is in, its awesome that these are available, they make the truck look so much better.

I wanted to go to the PO before work cause I am sure my shock mount amd body mount are there, but I ran out of time so im going to try to go 2morow... I want to get this thing rolling
Old 03-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Lookin Good... So who stole the cookie from the cookie Jar? (Woofie and the fur tree in the background) LOL
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #105
RCC Addict

That looks awesome. I like the color a lot. I haven't seen many trucks with that color.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

loooks awesome mike!!! cant wait to see more!
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

WOW mike, great work and progress, love the primered fender and flat black hood!
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #108
I joined the Band!

us>

LOL
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #109
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
WOW mike, great work and progress, love the primered fender and flat black hood!
Thanks Ben, the black hood has always been a favorite look of mine, I had it like that on my very 1st Bruiser many years ago

The primered fender with missing light and emblem is straight from DJ, loved it on his 4runner rig
Old 03-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #110

who ever did the sewing on that soft top did one helluva job if i do say so myself. its nice to see it on the big screen. the bruiser pretty sweet too by the way.

Last edited by TwistedCreations; 03-16-2007 at 02:11 PM.
MOCRAWLERSCHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #111
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCRAWLERSCHICK
who ever did the sewing on that soft top did one helluva job if i do say so myself. its nice to see it on the big screen. the bruiser pretty sweet too by the way.
Yes, you are correct, they did an AWESOME JOB, top of the line work, worth every penny Soon as the Yota is done the Bronco is next, I have most of the parts I need already and have some more on the way, including some axial 2.2s
Old 03-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #112
Sinking with the ship

Default Its rolling...

Installed my rear shock mount and body mount, drilled the holes myself and they are actually square and even in every way WOO so yea, its rolling.. now I just have to install the ESC, servo, and receiver and I can drive it. Lots of detail work left to do, hinge the tool box lid, finishing detailing the body, and start on the most insane interior to date

also I dont like the track width :-( the offset on the wheels is NG which sucks...sooo either I am going to:
A) Order wheels with a lot less offset and use narrowed BF goodrichs still
B) Just ordered 5 1.9 narrowed claw dawgs
C) Run geos, test fitted last night, looks sick with them and these wheels

It tucks the tires but not like deans rig...which is what I want it to do..

anyway here are the pics

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 03-16-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #113
Im Brandon

Looks good Mike! Definately try different wheels first. The offset could be better, but it still looks killer
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #114
Oppan Gangnam Style

I love it! That thing is looking great. I know everyone, including myself, has the HPI Stockers in black. Try the chrome ones, I have a set and have been milling around the idea of using them. I think they would look great on that truck. I remember seeing chrome wheels on some 'yotas from the factory.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #115
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63
I love it! That thing is looking great. I know everyone, including myself, has the HPI Stockers in black. Try the chrome ones, I have a set and have been milling around the idea of using them. I think they would look great on that truck. I remember seeing chrome wheels on some 'yotas from the factory.
Thanks Dean, coming from you that must mean I am doing a good job of cloning the rig.

I actually have a really nice set of Bruiser builder 1.9s, the older style, and they are a nice aluminum but not super shiney. David @ xtreme is out of 1.9s claw dawgs right now but he will have more in, in a week or so, so I am going to wait on those I can narrow the tires, but have never sectioned and dont want to risk ruining them right now
Old 03-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Looking awesome Mike! Great stance.
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser
I can narrow the tires, but have never sectioned and dont want to risk ruining them right now
Mike I would go with Dean and use a different wheel as they could use some tucking in. Hey if you don't want to wait, you can alway send me some Claw Dawgs and I will narrow them for free for you if interested. I must say with the Cut and Shut Claw Dawgs and HPI wheels they are flush with the fenders on the YOTA and look really nice. I think even taking the Black HPI stockers and painting them white with a nice Red thin stripe around the wheel would look cool.
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #118
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltwin_52s
Mike I would go with Dean and use a different wheel as they could use some tucking in. Hey if you don't want to wait, you can alway send me some Claw Dawgs and I will narrow them for free for you if interested. I must say with the Cut and Shut Claw Dawgs and HPI wheels they are flush with the fenders on the YOTA and look really nice. I think even taking the Black HPI stockers and painting them white with a nice Red thin stripe around the wheel would look cool.
Bart, that is a very generous offer, if I hadnt ordered them with David already I would have taken you up on that deal. I will keep that in mind for next time

I definitely agree they could use some more tucking, sucks cause I really like the look of this wheel, the Bruiser builder is similiar and I think itll look good with the center cap from these wheels on them

Old 03-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

That looks awesome! I dont know what the diameter of those wheels are, but have you looked at these older traxxas wheels?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJ14&P=7
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJ15&P=7

I dont know if theyd work, but they look pretty scale to me
Jim511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Nice work Mike,you better get some paint on that fender before it rusts!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote

1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone. An RCC Legend - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Chino Clone" - Chapter 2 51WillysJeep 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 05-18-2010 01:22 PM
Opinions sought: Can I get there from here? High Lift --> Chino clone surfimp 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 12-28-2007 08:30 AM