Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone. An RCC Legend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #41
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
You suck Mike And yes, your doors suck too. They open to the outside of the fenders, not the inside like a real one would
I love you too TC and yes I know the doors dont open 100% correctly, but hey, they open

Harley- Ill take some pics tonight
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #42
RCC Addict

hey mike please dont bring this one to monster jam... i finally start on mine to rival the trekker and runners at mj and you start building this thing......

looks good.
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

lookin' good mike.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stAir
hey mike please dont bring this one to monster jam... i finally start on mine to rival the trekker and runners at mj and you start building this thing......

looks good.

dont worry he said it might take a loooooonnnngggg timeeee
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #45
Sinking with the ship

cab is wetsanded and ready to go, worked on it LATE last night, all the primer came off nicely. I am going to wet sand the bed down today when I get home from work.

O and dont buy these resin repro grills you see on the bay...they SUCK Not only is there air pockets everywhere but I tried installing the bracket and the mount on the grill thats molding into it cracked, so I tried the other one and that cracked too time to hit up my boy Matt @ scale hobbies for a better one, I have one those on the Trekker and its mint.

-Mike
Old 02-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

is that the grille that came with the body? i bought it off rc4wd and had the same thing happen. they sent me a replacement and im guessing that is the one you have on it. yeah they suck!
fokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:25 PM   #47
RCC Addict

wow and i just hacked up a real bruiser grill.... should have let me know mike i would have swapped mine for a fake.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #48
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by fokai
is that the grille that came with the body? i bought it off rc4wd and had the same thing happen. they sent me a replacement and im guessing that is the one you have on it. yeah they suck!
Yup, I have the other broken one too...useless unless you wanna CA the thing to the body which is LAME cant really blame rc4wd for this though, they arent making them, another dude is and he just whole sales them to rc4wd and sell them on ebay.

Damn keith, o well, I have another grill on that other body, I am going to steal that one for now...that body wont be done anytime soon
Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser
Yup, I have the other broken one too...useless unless you wanna CA the thing to the body which is LAME cant really blame rc4wd for this though, they arent making them, another dude is and he just whole sales them to rc4wd and sell them on ebay.

Damn keith, o well, I have another grill on that other body, I am going to steal that one for now...that body wont be done anytime soon

deng its a salvage yard :(
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #50
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScGRaceR
deng its a salvage yard :(
I wouldnt say that... the opening door body is going to be my *ULTIMATE* build...the build of all toyota builds, its going to straight stomp out Kevin H's crew cab chevy... but since I need alot more parts, and the person who will be doing the bed is doing an ultimate build for someone else, I will borrow some stuff from it.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

hey 1BJB do you have any tips for preping hardbodies for paint?, i have to redo mine and i dont want to screw it up.

Ps not trying to hijack your thread
'83 chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:09 PM   #52

i was thinkin you should lower your body down to where a 1:1 rigs would sit with no body lift.
powerlinek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:18 AM   #53
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlinek9
i was thinkin you should lower your body down to where a 1:1 rigs would sit with no body lift.
Notice the notch in the front bumper its still go the stock rear body mounts but I have different ones, I need to find someone to bend me up a shorter one for the front... Maybe Kevin can help me out with that

Ps not trying to hijack your thread[/quote]

Everyone does it a little bit differently, I dont want to say my way is the right way, there are many other guys on here that do much better body work then me but here is my process.

I stripped the body in castrol super clean/purple power. Try to get as much paint off that I can. I then wet sand it, cant remember what paper right now, ill look when I get home. I then prime it, and let it sit for a day, let the primer cure. The any imperfections I see, Ill decide if I want to make it pretty or not. If I am making it nice, ill fill with tamiya putty or regular bondo. let that cure for a day. then ill went sand the whole body again and re prime it. let it cure again. youll need to repeat that process untill all perfections are gone. then I typically lightly wet sand again, and lay a coat of paint. Let it cure, and lightly wet sand again. Then paint again. if it looks good, Ill very very lightly wet sand (if its a glossy paint) just to break through the shine, then I clear it. Once the clear cures and "shrinks" Ill wet sand lightly again and clear it again. Thats pretty much my process, that works for me.

Anyways, someone requested pics of the front axle shaved down.. and the cab is primered, looks good for a runner, so im not going to go to crazy with it fixing its few inperfections. Itll look just once paint and detailing is done

Old 02-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #54
RCC Addict

your progress looks awesome, i may need your help with how to build a bed.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser
the opening door body is going to be my *ULTIMATE* build...the build of all toyota builds, its going to straight stomp out Kevin H's crew cab chevy... but since I need alot more parts, and the person who will be doing the bed is doing an ultimate build for someone else, I will borrow some stuff from it.
Hey Mike the other Build should be BADD Arse, as I am going to do my best to make Functioning Roll up and Down Windows. I have the breakdown of what the window rollers and gears look like so I am up for a little challenge. We have talked about so much I don't remember now what we have and havent talked about on this project.
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #56
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltwin_52s
Hey Mike the other Build should be BADD Arse, as I am going to do my best to make Functioning Roll up and Down Windows. I have the breakdown of what the window rollers and gears look like so I am up for a little challenge. We have talked about so much I don't remember now what we have and havent talked about on this project.
I cant wait to see it, he is very siked about it, I know that much! His (and mine) dreams have been to build a rig with such detail as to the old chevy crew cab (RIP) but make it 10x better and I think with your attention to detail, it will be nothin short of that I cant wait to see the flipped tail gate handle, now thats gonna be trick
Old 02-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #57
Sinking with the ship

well this weekend was a busy one, I went to the WRAM show saturday to race clods and the COOLEST person ever was there the one and only Kevin H/Hinge boy from RCCA and he was the biggest TOOL to me AGAIN... I didnt even talk to the guy and had to start the **** talking... and of course the 1st round I had some radio issues which gave him more fuel, but later on that day, snake bite cleaned shop and smoked even his buddies twinforce winning the enitre bracket for the after noon race. Guess there was only "1 good driver" eh? fawkin tool shed Even my GF thought he was prick

ANYWAYS, I opted not to go back today, didnt feel like waking up at 5:30 and driving the Yota 80 miles to whiteplains...and since my gf wasnt going to be there to control me from causing an all out scene, I figured it would be best to stay home. so I woke up at 9 and started on RCs

so today I got the 4 link done on the rear, I flipped the kunckles around for a cleaner look.

My favorite machinist and bestest friend Juggsterr hooked me up with some extra servo/4 link mount plates he had laying around, a long and short version this way I can fine tune.. THANKS KEV!

I used Ti upper links, lunsford ones from the LHS, and traxxas revo lower links

Here is how it ****s now, I realized that I am going to need a bracket of some sort off the rear cross member to mount the shocks too, I gotta look at some of Deans pics and some of the other clones out there and maybe Kevin can help me AGAIN (I am horrible with that type of stuff).

I love colquits 4runner and HAD TO borrow his idea with the fender, it just looks so damn cool. So I cut out the market light, then I glued in a ligh bucket out of styrene and itll get lit up with those tiny iny rice light bulbs I got

I also shaved off the hilux 4x4 and drilled the "mounting wholes" the fender will be left in primer

well that last pic gave away the color, its DOODY bomb brown I think a awesome scale color for this rig.

I "rhino lined" the bed, and its going to get a fuel cell over the electonics box hole

The truck was entirely painted, but I had some issues with my black and I had to sand the WHOLE DAMN hood completely down AGAIN, did it 3x in one day before I figured there had to be a paint issue with the black so I hit up the LHS for some hardware and stopped at walmart for some new primer and flat black paint for the hood

Back window, and repro winshield are here as well, I painted the back window, just gotta take a quick pics

Let me know what ya guys think

lata
mike
Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

for the rear shocks use an angle alum. plate and just bolt it to the stock cross member.

heres a pic

fokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Mike looking good, I may need your assistance as well.. LOL

Hey can you tell me what length your rods are for the 4 link set up? I am sure that the rod ends will make a difference as well in the length.

Chino is going to hook me up with a tranny skid plate and I just spent an arm and a leg on a bunch of parts.

As for the mount for the rear shocks I know for my truck that wont work as it would be going up through the floor of the bed... so I will need to figure something out. Any suggestions Mike since you will be going through the same issue?
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #60
Sinking with the ship

few more pics

New rear window from BruiserBuilder, i stuck it in my hoodie before with the grill and it scratched it whatever, its going on as is

I also have some repro headlight buckets from my friend Matt at scalehobbies and some repro head lights from rcgrab bag with 5mm 8000mcd LEDs

New super clear windshield from BruiserBuilder, all cut out and ready to rock

well thats it for now guys...its bed time...work 2morow and its late hur

1BadJeepBruisers Chino Clone. An RCC Legend - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Chino Clone" - Chapter 2 51WillysJeep 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 05-18-2010 01:22 PM
Opinions sought: Can I get there from here? High Lift --> Chino clone surfimp 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 12-28-2007 08:30 AM