Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Chevy Crew Cab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #141
I joined the Band!

Let's try to not take over Obijuan thread.
Crawlin Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #142
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post

i love my K5

You love your K5 and not your gf??? LOL I just saw her sittin in the passenger seat lolol!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #143
Pebble Pounder

srry juust should of said to onboard them. Any updates??
cabsover78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #144
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

wierd, i actually do have an update. i had been sick as hell last weekend and i still cant seem to shake it. aside from the massive amount of damned tests this week, i got some other work done. i got some time to work on the bed today, theres a good side and a bad side. one came out waaaay better. the other i used some putty crap that doesnt work that well. tell me what you think

also the taillights are turning out to be a real bitch to do. theyre not working out like i had planned and my leds wont light up. theres not a + or - is there? i hooked em up to a AAA and they didnt light up, then i hooked em up to a stick pack and :sniff sniff: aww man i toasted some new leds. but thats what i get.

i wheeled the chassis because we have had record rain lately and i think i need a 35 t motor, not enough wheel speed for muddin. crawls great with the 55t 19tooth with the R2. still not fast enough. so the chassis is rusty and dirty. great for paint!

what are your thoughts?
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #145
I joined the Band!

Looking good man, sorry to hear your sick I hope you get better!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #146
Rock Crawler

the bed looks real are you gonna use a tailgate btw hope you get feeling better
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #147
Rock Crawler

looks great.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #148

thanks guys! im not gonna run a tailgate, you can see where i cut one up for the rear pieces. anybody have any suggestions on how to make the bed look more realistic, thats pretty close to how it really looks but i dont have one for visual reference anymore.
anybody want to trade a new 55t for a new 35t? mine has only been run for 15 minutes tops. has a few scratches on the bottom of the sticker but its very cosmetic.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #149
I joined the Band!

Thats pretty much spot on perfect, I say add maybe a toolbox or a rollcage unless you plan on doing one in the interior
Old 04-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #150

interior is gettin pretty close. i have always wanted a lifted crew cab, even when i had my stampede i was gonna put one of these bodies on it. but it would hav looked DUMB. the body and truck as a whole is shaping together. its awesome.
i need to make a steering wheel and ac ducts and gauges and stuff.

heres the beef: nothing is permanent like the wood and steering column

Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #151
RCC Addict

damn that is sweet. i hate you cause i need to work on mine and catch up. i got insufficiant funds right now plus im building a bl revo. oh well in due time guess. you are really stepping it up on this one. it'll be hard to beat. oh for leds go to an auto store and look in the import section they have pre wired leds that already have resistors attached and shrink wrapped, plu they are cheap, come in red or white, and come in a pack of 4.
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #152
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post

what are your thoughts?
Some suggestions on making the bed a little more realistic I would say. The block styrene that you used to make the holes for the bed stakes remove these and actually make them hollow so you can insert Scale 2x4's. As well the sides of the bed should be more boxed as you only have the top lip, if you take some styrene and hang it off of the top down it will give it more of a boxed look. I like the idea of the formed floor of the bed, but if you are wanting more scale you should take a blank piece of styrene and make your own runners using styrene strips the correct width. As in front and behind the wheel wells this should look like different runners on the floor. The insides of the bed walls I am sure you are still working on this but if you build them up to give them depth this will take care of your concern here. I just noticed that to Tail Lights are not boxed around them. You may want to create a buck per say to hold a LED for brake lights.
Looks like you captured the underside of the bed correctly. Did you happen to take the time to capture the details of the front of the bed, between the cab and bed? Since you took the time to do this on the Cab, I would suggest doing this to the bed as well. Even though it isn't going to be visable, you have spent this much time and such great detail why skip something right?

I am really liking this thread, did you ever say how long you have done Modeling in the past? I wouldn't think that someone with your skills would just start modeling and have these crazy skills and ideas just starting out!

Keep up the great work.

Last edited by Eviltwin_52s; 04-02-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #153

wow good ideas homie. to be honest thats almost how these beds look. a little more depth on the inner bedsides will help that to give a little detail but it really is almost done, for the taillights, i gotta keep that open to stick my leds in there then i will box that in and do some tailgate latches.
the bed floor is pertty much there to stay now! lol maybe ill do a layer on top?? but i should have done that in the first place. as for the bed near the body, i am going to do a little detail there as well and on the visible side too. i sold my poor truck so i dont have a visual reference anymore, but i can pretty much remember what it was like. also i an going to do a gas filler door cause i saw it on teh blackfoot body, and i couldnt believe i didnt think of that.
i actually have never done a hardbody or built an rc before. i just have a stampede that i hopped up. thats about all. but as for other stuff i do custom star wars action figures and custom marvel figures and stuff. i also made a custom luke skywalker tatooine costume which was very screen accurate. NERD ALERT!! heres a 12 inch deadpool i had done before. new to RC but not completely new i guess.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #154

Default update on interior 04/07

well i got a bit done on the inside. dash is pretty close. i stained the wood and made tiny tiny vents out of styrene angle. and i also made the a/c control deck. still gotta fab up the radio, then the dash bezel area will be done except for gauges. much upps for the interior guys, its hard to handle these tiny little parts.

i was thinkin about hand painting just the needles but i figured i could just print out the pics of em. also picked up a ****ing bad *** set of longhorns. with a quick coat of paint they look wicked awesome, then i got a totally tubular chain, its 3 feet long and pre-rusty! lol i also got a set of wipers, not pictured. i added a second leaf to the pack because the main leaf was already wrapping and bending with minor 'froadin. gotta get diaz leafs. also side note: i scored a NIP chevy gille and gate combo! oh yeah and a semi rear axle for my dually on the boggers.

check this bi+ches! aww yeah.

ker-flex the body is mounted on the front of the hood only so far. i still want to get the bed in primer before i mount them both to get the lines straight. heres how it will ride.

also added a few things to the bed. you can see styrene added to the inner bedsides and the head of the bed. well you can barely see it. sorry. its pretty hard to get good pics in my hard and soft lit room. no good spot for pic takin.

and here it is with my badass chain.

alls i gots to say right now is i am so stoked on that set o horns. they are prety sweet, but i would looove bigger ones. so the horns would BE my bumper

suggestions are very welcome and let me know what you think. questions, comments, hate mail? id love to hear it!

Last edited by obijuan; 04-08-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:46 AM   #155
I joined the Band!

Thats sweet, I'm loving it man I wanna see even more progress! lol
Crawlin A's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:29 AM   #156
Pebble Pounder

Very nice work so far!!!Keep it up!!
monsterbeetleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:01 AM   #157
Pebble Pounder

Coming along Awesomely...
you got a Top 10 here!!!

Maybe I missed it :? But how did you form those wheel wells...
RCholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #158

i actually swiped the idea from eviltwin52s i believe. it is a bunch of stacked styrene formed into a rectangle and then dremeled round then hand sanded. works great and its very strong.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #159
Rock Crawler

wow that loooks amazing. I love all the work u put into it. And the interior is awsome. Got to love them horns on the hood.
Keep up the great work!
west virginia krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #160
Rock Stacker

Really nice looking. Earlier you asked a question on if LEDs had a + and - side. I'm pretty sure they do, and the + side is the side with the longer lead or the side that has a small flat spot. I personally think it would look a bit better lowered, but thats just my humble opinion.
sudo is offline   Reply With Quote