RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Topher builds a TGH/G-Speed V3 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/617511-topher-builds-tgh-g-speed-v3.html)

HumboldtEF 06-16-2020 05:34 PM

Re: Topher builds a TGH/G-Speed V3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6029465)
Didn’t DLux buy Dravtech to keep the shock line alive?

That I dont know, It would be nice.

mikemcE 06-16-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 6029472)
That I dont know, It would be nice.

Eric made lathed big bores before he carried dravtechs. I have a set on my Bullyll. Dravtechs are pretty, springs are finicky by weight,(limited between dravtech and mini t’s they work fantastic on lighter rigs though.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f2d7763ec9.jpg
Dravtechs on my 2 I’m right on the edge spring wise, would like a bit more though

Hang up and Drive

TK421 06-16-2020 06:15 PM

What is considered light? I’ve heard nothing but good things about the dravtechs, just curious.

Lou

mikemcE 06-16-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK421 (Post 6029484)
What is considered light? I’ve heard nothing but good things about the dravtechs, just curious.

Lou

I would say eight pounds is all you can use with mini t springs. mY SCX10ii is a bit heavier now with dig,

Hang up and Drive

TK421 06-16-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 6029493)
I would say eight pounds is all you can use with mini t springs. mY SCX10ii is a bit heavier now with dig,

Hang up and Drive

Noted. I’m hoping to keep my 10.2 based GSPEED below 6...

Lou

mikemcE 06-16-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK421 (Post 6029497)
Noted. I’m hoping to keep my 10.2 based GSPEED below 6...

Lou

That’s a sweet spot for tuning....

Hang up and Drive

TK421 06-16-2020 07:49 PM

Good to know :-) thanks,

Topher, I hope I’m not hijacking your thread. I’ve been looking at a performance based “comp style” rig for a bit. Your build threads are the most informative I’ve read. I appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions.

Lou

Topher Builds 06-16-2020 08:27 PM

No problem at all, I appreciate the interest. "thumbsup"

VMGontheRocks 06-17-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 6029326)
I'd say both are good options but If you want Dravtechs grab them soon because they're closing down but there's still stock out there.

The Dravtech shocks aren't going anywhere. Dlux took over production and distribution of the shocks back in late 2018 and has been in charge of them ever since.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK421 (Post 6029351)
Dlux fab is closing?!

Lou

Dlux fab is not closing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6029465)
Didn’t DLux buy Dravtech to keep the shock line alive?

Dlux took over production and distribution of the shocks back in late 2018 and has been in charge of them ever since.

TK421 07-07-2020 08:02 AM

If you have a minute, can you give me an eye to eye length of your front links? I think mine are too long. I'm using the V3 chassis, AR44's and the aluminum pan hard mount. My track bar is hitting the upper link mount of the axle and my shock doesn't clear the pan hard mount to get full compression. Thanks!

Lou

Topher Builds 07-07-2020 09:21 AM

Where’d ya get your links from? Can you post some pics?

I’ll get a measurement for you at some point today.

TK421 07-07-2020 09:28 AM

I ordered the links from Intheworksrc. I can post pics when I get home from work this afternoon.

Lou

TK421 07-07-2020 09:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These are from last night. I have since moved the PH mount forward one hole and it lines up better but I can only use one screw to attach to the chassis. I was looking at your pics this morning ans saw that the front axle sits way further back than mine. I'll measure my WB and get some better pics after work. Thanks for your time bro.

Lou

Topher Builds 07-07-2020 09:48 AM

Are your links set up like this?

Longest to shortest
Rear lower
Rear upper
Front lower
Front upper

I’ve had similar issues with his links before, and the replacement links I got didn’t help either but when I got a different set they worked perfect. My fronts were too long also.

TK421 07-07-2020 10:03 AM

I think that's where I'm at but I'll verify when I get home. Thanks!

Lou

Topher Builds 07-07-2020 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope this pic helps. Rough measurement puts the front lower around 120mm. Maybe a tad more.

DukeMinnix 07-07-2020 04:06 PM

Should also point out that the panhard mount topher is running is the TGH panhard and the panhard you are running is the aluminum from the v3 carbon combo ( I also have this combo currently taped to the cardboard it was shipped in haha), which is exactly why I have yet to order links from either hardcore RC or intheworksRC because I have yet to hear if either/neither/both will work with the gspeed aluminum panhard mount and I dont want to buy a nice link set and have to jimmy rig the panhard.

Topher Builds 07-07-2020 04:58 PM

Yes Duke is correct. I’m running the tgh mount. I don’t think it would solve his problem though because the tgh mount is in the same relative location on the chassis, it just allows for a longer panhard bar. Which translates to less axle swing. Lou’s problem looks to be too long of front links which wouldn’t allow him to connect the panhard properly. The multi platform panhard might work a little better?

On hardcore RC, the “wertymade” option is the on the that comes with the kit, and the same as the aluminum one gspeed just put out if that’s what you’re referring to.

DukeMinnix 07-07-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6033062)
Yes Duke is correct. I’m running the tgh mount. I don’t think it would solve his problem though because the tgh mount is in the same relative location on the chassis, it just allows for a longer panhard bar. Which translates to less axle swing. Lou’s problem looks to be too long of front links which wouldn’t allow him to connect the panhard properly. The multi platform panhard might work a little better?

On hardcore RC, the “wertymade” option is the on the that comes with the kit, and the same as the aluminum one gspeed just put out if that’s what you’re referring to.

That’s good to know. I also wasn’t sure if your tgh Mount was more low profile to allow for more shock clearance also, which he indicated as being an issue

TK421 07-07-2020 07:43 PM

I just measured all my links. I ordered the SS/ aluminum hybrid link set. The lower links are Stainless and those measure 135mm and 124mm. The three aluminum links all measure 120.5mm. I’m gonna try the 120’s up front and see how that shakes out... I’m not to confident that they will line up though...

Lou