Notices

Thread: RC RUN super scale Land Cruiser J80

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2020, 08:06 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: RC RUN super scale Land Cruiser J80

Good for class one.

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Teng; 08-01-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Would love one of these.
Downfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:58 AM   #23

Sooo who is this brand? Where do I find parts?
Jethro nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:26 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Both fj80's and 3rd gen 4runners have silly short rear upper links. They still flex ok, but pinion angle gets wonky if your asking for much extra droop travel over stock.

Technically both diffs are incorrectly positioned as fj80's are passenger offset front and rear. Looks like the t-case has extra exposed shafts. Options for OD ratio?

What's this pig weigh? What are the odds of better-than-rc3wd quality?

What's with the bushings in all the link ends? Are they soft enough to allow misalignment without being all sloppy after a while.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:02 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

I'm a bit late to the party but love the LC80. I decided to build one of these and wrote an article about it, along with a youtube video (embedded in the article also). There wasn't a lot of info about this when I got mine so I've hoped to add to the relevant and useful info out there on the Run-80 - it deserves to be well-known!

The motor enclosure / gearbox had some minor issues but was solvable. Overall its a great kit. I wish they provided a decent light system with it and a two speed transmission would have been nice.

But for what it is, especially at the price they're asking, it's brilliant. I'm running an axe 2100 foc system in it, it's very smooth and the thing sounds great under acceleration. Steering angle is decent, articulation is realistic, links are where they should be and the body goes on well, without screws. I like the steering interface and the motor trimmings look great.

I don't know why they don't have the hood cut out from factory, given how pretty the motor is underneath. I used a small circular cutter to address this and it came up really well. You can see how it came out in the video. Recommended

http://imgur.com/a/fMBxzlV

Last edited by cragv; 10-04-2021 at 10:32 PM. Reason: added more info
cragv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:59 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

I just built one of these as well, but I'm not quite finished. I had a couple of QC issues and missing parts with mine. I also have to do some custom work, because I bought a bumper that required chopping off the front lower of the body where it mounts to the frame.

If you don't mind cragv, could you post your front axle suspension/steering setup? My steering angle seems to be limited turning left by where the panhard rod mounts to the axle.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:20 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I just built one of these as well, but I'm not quite finished. I had a couple of QC issues and missing parts with mine. I also have to do some custom work, because I bought a bumper that required chopping off the front lower of the body where it mounts to the frame.

If you don't mind cragv, could you post your front axle suspension/steering setup? My steering angle seems to be limited turning left by where the panhard rod mounts to the axle.
My humble apologies on the delayed reply, I forgot to check this thread recently!

Just took some photos for you. Album here. Hope it helps!
Old 07-20-2021, 05:05 AM   #28

You are doing a great job on this Toyota, I am looking forward to seeing it finished !!

This is my Toyota... https://cipriano.rajce.idnes.cz/RCMo...C80/1443342298
CIPRIANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:07 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cragv View Post
My humble apologies on the delayed reply, I forgot to check this thread recently!

Just took some photos for you. Album here. Hope it helps!
Ah, I see. You also did your drag link and panhard in opposite directions. I suppose with the limited amount of suspension travel, it doesn't really matter, but I'm still going to try making it work with those links parallel to each other.

I kind of wish pivot balls were used instead of those bushings, but it is what it is.

Here's a picture of mine. (still not finished btw).

soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Looks fabulous! Very nicely done

I like the bushings for realism, but ball ends would have been more durable, for sure.

Hadn't noticed the reversed links I'd done. Huh. Well, went outside just now and checked it - do have full travel on all corners so yeah, guess it isn't an issue. Still, I'll review that and fix it. Nicely spotted!

RC RUN super scale Land Cruiser J80 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First trail run with the RC4WD FJ40 Land Cruiser after body mod. JoeConti Videos! 6 12-01-2020 12:03 PM
RC4WD Land Cruiser solo run at Bahar ic-Caghaq JoeConti Videos! 2 02-04-2018 01:02 PM
First run with the 70 series Land Cruiser adamsfly Scale Videos! 0 02-02-2014 07:36 AM
My scale PTI FJ Land Cruiser drc323 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 06-29-2008 03:03 PM
scale land cruiser superfly Tamiya TLT Crawlers 10 01-02-2005 10:48 PM