Pebble Pounder

Default Re: G-Speed Rigs Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgab View Post
Nice lineup!

You using ar60's on your class 3?

Cheers,
Gable
Thanks! Running XR width AR44's on the class 3.
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:13 PM   #143
Rock Crawler

MY Honey Comp Crawler with custom cage and some nice goodies and still tweaking the setup but runs nicely am now trying to figure out how to get the Kimbrough 62t Spur on this 2.0 low without rubbing the driveshaft! do I need a FMM or just swap the gears or flip the Transmission???? Anyway a couple pics of this Sexy Nectar Loving Rig Enjoy...... BUZZZZZZZ........
Attached Images

Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:11 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

Default G-Speed Rigs Only

Here is my submission that I picked up off a member last fall.

The build sheet was as follows :
HC stainless links
Salinas Low Overdrive Trans 62t Spur
3 Bros 2000kv Yellowjacket 12t pinion
Sidewinder micro 2 Esc
Hi Tech 7950TH servo
TGH winch/servo mount
Modded Big bore shocks
SCX 10.2 axles with aluminum CHubs
Incision driveshafts
Bent metal fab bumpers
PL Hyrax Pred Compound on Gearhead Wheels

Pretty fun rig out of the box that wasn’t well suited to my rock environment the way it originally sat.

An example of my rock walls.

My initial impressions:

Love the overdrive trans. The front end just eats the rocks. This made me revisit the OD/UD on my Trx4. At first I felt the combo was too much but now they’re both in again.

The Yellowjacket was ok at best. It wasn’t hard to bog it down and drag brake didn’t seem real strong. The 12t pinion was not to my liking.

The HiTech servo was run straight to Esc set at 7.5v. No BEC. Did ok, but I felt the motor and servo were pretty taxing on the ESC. I’d get the occasional brown out when in a rough spot.

The front bumper was no bueno in my environment.

Zero bump and glide on rocks.

So I needed some changes.

Ordered a Crawlmaster Pro 10T for the Trx4 that I fell in love with. Awesome awesome. Unfortunately, no way that’s fitting with the Salinas trans and chassis though. So I got a HH magnum Stubby 11t and threw a 9t pinion on.

HiTech servo was replaced with direct power. I cringed at the thought of my squawky svh500 v3 on a quiet rig so I put on my first direct power a 3Bros G13. Good deal, nice and quiet

Front bumper went in favor of IERC Stubby Toro with a mild stinger. Now we’re talking. Bump and glide is back.

We are NOW in business for my environment.

Overall the system seems much happier with the servo stress off the ESC.

Magnum Stubby is very very nice. Low speed control and drag brake are much much better. 9t pinion is much better than the 12 tooth it came with. Although I wish it was as slow as my 550 10T with 9t pinion in the Trx4, but that can be axle gearing too.

Servo is nice and quiet and actually increased EPA with no issues.

Here is a quick vid I took of shakedown 2 with new items.

Sorry about quality. (If your in Trx4 section, you’ll notice I say that a lot)

https://youtu.be/7-MOuxtGvo0

I noticed the gear whine was loud and motor was warm after video so I redid mesh and ran it for a while on a block. Noise was better and motor stayed cool, so we’ll see on next run

Very very happy now.

Last edited by Benp; 08-12-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:27 PM   #145
RCC Addict

Heres my gspeed v3 build.

Mamba x esc
HH PP 2700kv
trx4 shocks
Nitro pro 550oz servo
3bros servo winch
Flysky gt5 rx/tx
SSD offset front axle with o/d
VP pro rear axle
VP VFD trans with stock o/d
VP 310 method 1.9 beadlocks
PL hyrax 1.9 4.75 tires
Ierc front n rear bumpers

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:03 AM   #146
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Heres my gspeed v3 build.

Mamba x esc
HH PP 2700kv
trx4 shocks
Nitro pro 550oz servo
3bros servo winch
Flysky gt5 rx/tx
SSD offset front axle with o/d
VP pro rear axle
VP VFD trans with stock o/d
VP 310 method 1.9 beadlocks
PL hyrax 1.9 4.75 tires
Ierc front n rear bumpers

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
``````````````

Very nice GSpeed BUZZZZZZZ........
Old 08-16-2021, 08:01 AM   #147
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Here is my submission that I picked up off a member last fall.

The build sheet was as follows :
HC stainless links
Salinas Low Overdrive Trans 62t Spur
3 Bros 2000kv Yellowjacket 12t pinion
Sidewinder micro 2 Esc
Hi Tech 7950TH servo
TGH winch/servo mount
Modded Big bore shocks
SCX 10.2 axles with aluminum CHubs
Incision driveshafts
Bent metal fab bumpers
PL Hyrax Pred Compound on Gearhead Wheels

Pretty fun rig out of the box that wasn’t well suited to my rock environment the way it originally sat.

An example of my rock walls.

My initial impressions:

Love the overdrive trans. The front end just eats the rocks. This made me revisit the OD/UD on my Trx4. At first I felt the combo was too much but now they’re both in again.

The Yellowjacket was ok at best. It wasn’t hard to bog it down and drag brake didn’t seem real strong. The 12t pinion was not to my liking.

The HiTech servo was run straight to Esc set at 7.5v. No BEC. Did ok, but I felt the motor and servo were pretty taxing on the ESC. I’d get the occasional brown out when in a rough spot.

The front bumper was no bueno in my environment.

Zero bump and glide on rocks.

So I needed some changes.

Ordered a Crawlmaster Pro 10T for the Trx4 that I fell in love with. Awesome awesome. Unfortunately, no way that’s fitting with the Salinas trans and chassis though. So I got a HH magnum Stubby 11t and threw a 9t pinion on.

HiTech servo was replaced with direct power. I cringed at the thought of my squawky svh500 v3 on a quiet rig so I put on my first direct power a 3Bros G13. Good deal, nice and quiet

Front bumper went in favor of IERC Stubby Toro with a mild stinger. Now we’re talking. Bump and glide is back.

We are NOW in business for my environment.

Overall the system seems much happier with the servo stress off the ESC.

Magnum Stubby is very very nice. Low speed control and drag brake are much much better. 9t pinion is much better than the 12 tooth it came with. Although I wish it was as slow as my 550 10T with 9t pinion in the Trx4, but that can be axle gearing too.

Servo is nice and quiet and actually increased EPA with no issues.

Here is a quick vid I took of shakedown 2 with new items.

Sorry about quality. (If your in Trx4 section, you’ll notice I say that a lot)

https://youtu.be/7-MOuxtGvo0

I noticed the gear whine was loud and motor was warm after video so I redid mesh and ran it for a while on a block. Noise was better and motor stayed cool, so we’ll see on next run

Very very happy now.
Hey Benp did the Yellowjacket not produce good torque??? I am undecided between HH PPS 3300kv to a HH PPS 2700kv or 3BROS Yellowjacket but let me know what's your thoughts on the Yellowjacket..... BUZZZZZ...
Old 08-17-2021, 02:53 AM   #148
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Hey Benp did the Yellowjacket not produce good torque??? I am undecided between HH PPS 3300kv to a HH PPS 2700kv or 3BROS Yellowjacket but let me know what's your thoughts on the Yellowjacket..... BUZZZZZ...

I was able to bog the motor down when the rig was in questionable spots. I’ve never experienced that before with my heavier Trx4.

I noticed the drag brake was not as strong as my other motors.

Once I tasted a good brushed motor with the Crawlmaster Pro I wanted nothing to do with the Yellow Jacket any more.

Magnum Stubby was my only option with the Salinas trans.

Last edited by Benp; 08-17-2021 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
I was able to bog the motor down when the rig was in questionable spots. I’ve never experienced that before with my heavier Trx4.

I noticed the drag brake was not as strong as my other motors.

Once I tasted a good brushed motor with the Crawlmaster Pro I wanted nothing to do with the Yellow Jacket any more.

Magnum Stubby was my only option with the Salinas trans.
Gotcha!!! so switched back to brushed ESC also??
This rig is light but the cage adds the most weight even though its not that heavy...

Maybe I can use the Yellowjacket In the future on a smaller scale build!!!! BUZZZZZZ.......

I prefer brushed over brushless too even though the 1.9 rigs are mainly using the brushless esc's and motors I still like the quiet motor and loud Steel Spur gear..... BUZZZZZZZ.....
Old 08-18-2021, 03:55 PM   #150
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Gotcha!!! so switched back to brushed ESC also??
This rig is light but the cage adds the most weight even though its not that heavy...

Maybe I can use the Yellowjacket In the future on a smaller scale build!!!! BUZZZZZZ.......

I prefer brushed over brushless too even though the 1.9 rigs are mainly using the brushless esc's and motors I still like the quiet motor and loud Steel Spur gear..... BUZZZZZZZ.....

No, I left the CC Sidewinder Micro 2 in for the initial runs with new setup.

I have a HH BRXL that I’m going to swap in, so I’m excited to see if there’s a difference with the Sidewinder Micro 2.

Last edited by Benp; 08-18-2021 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:02 AM   #151
Gold Star Baby!

Some awesome builds popping up in here. Very impressive. Keep up the killer work everyone.

Here’s my latest gspeed build. This one is a rear portal with a front Ssd Diamond axle. Similar to my rear portal sherpa but different transmission and this one will be a smidge longer.

Good progress so far but a few things to do still. A new panhard link on the way from hardcore Rc (original links were tnt but needed a different panhar), need to order a new rs800v2, pick up some tires and foams, and then finally body work.

Also picked up some element kit shocks from a friend and through some Traxxas gts TiN shafts in the shocks. Perfect fit. Also added a Traxxas x ring to the bottom of the lower cartridge while I was in there.
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:57 PM   #152
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Some awesome builds popping up in here. Very impressive. Keep up the killer work everyone.

Here’s my latest gspeed build. This one is a rear portal with a front Ssd Diamond axle. Similar to my rear portal sherpa but different transmission and this one will be a smidge longer.

Good progress so far but a few things to do still. A new panhard link on the way from hardcore Rc (original links were tnt but needed a different panhar), need to order a new rs800v2, pick up some tires and foams, and then finally body work.

Also picked up some element kit shocks from a friend and through some Traxxas gts TiN shafts in the shocks. Perfect fit. Also added a Traxxas x ring to the bottom of the lower cartridge while I was in there.
Got a nice start there TB. Youve got some of the nicest build here. Hard to choice between u, brian, codyboy, n a few others though lol. Keep it brother!
Old 08-21-2021, 09:18 PM   #153
RCC Addict

I ordered a Gspeed v3 chassis kit along with the dual servo mount, and hard body sliders. I am looking to run ar45p axles with a mojave body.

Do you know if I will be able to use links that are made for the v1 c1 chassis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #154
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
I ordered a Gspeed v3 chassis kit along with the dual servo mount, and hard body sliders. I am looking to run ar45p axles with a mojave body.

Do you know if I will be able to use links that are made for the v1 c1 chassis?

I believe u do use the same links. The only difference i can tell between the v1c1 n v3 chassis is that the v1c1 has shock towers that use hardware to attach them. Where as the v3 shock towers are cut out with the chassis as one piece. Just need the links for the proper wb length of the body
Old 08-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #155
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
I believe u do use the same links. The only difference i can tell between the v1c1 n v3 chassis is that the v1c1 has shock towers that use hardware to attach them. Where as the v3 shock towers are cut out with the chassis as one piece. Just need the links for the proper wb length of the body

Sweet thanks. I ordered links for the v1c1 and I’ll report back if they work or not. If not I have an excuse to build a v1c1 and a v3

c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:19 PM   #156
RCC Addict

I just took some chassis comparison shots for another member, and I can say the front upper link mounting location is much different between the two. And with the back side of the skid being higher than the v1c1 it may change the pinion angle some. But it may only require some minor tweaks

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:23 PM   #157
RCC Addict

Anybody interested in printing some electronics trays I designed for the v3 chassis? I was thinking about putting the file on thingiverse, but I would like someone to give it a test run on their own machine before I do. I’ve printed a few sets and used them for myself, but I’m not sure my printer is perfectly calibrated.

Old 09-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #158
Pebble Pounder

About to step out of my RTR comfort zone and build a custom rig. I have a Element I'm going to use as a donor vehicle and it will get a HW Axe system with a ProTek 370TBL servo.

Up'n'Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:15 PM   #159
RCC Addict

That will be a real good setup! I was lucky enough to get a set of CF rails during the g-speed YouTube giveaway, those are either going to be built with my Capra as a donor, or I will snag the new element builders kit 2.

Look forward to seeing more.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #160
Pebble Pounder

Base chassis complete and donor gutted. Now to go through and replace all the hardware with stainless and wait for the rest of my parts.

Up'n'Over is offline   Reply With Quote

G-Speed Rigs Only - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TF2 Transmission: R3 2-speed vs R3 single-speed vs R4 single-speed Panther6834 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 9 11-05-2019 12:40 PM
tf2 with 2 speed transmission and 2 speed transfer case Teasley4Crawlers RC4WD Trail Finder 2 9 12-02-2014 10:34 AM
F350 3 speed to single speed conversion, tips/ideas needed please neo 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 02-11-2010 02:49 PM
single speed setup vs. speed control traxxas junky Electronics 18 08-28-2007 11:28 PM