Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Lil Gyshia LCG Build thread. Keeping it cheapish and quiet .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2023, 07:40 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Lil Gyshia LCG Build thread. Keeping it cheapish and quiet .

Decided to do my first LCG rig, but didn't want to spend top shelf on it. Did a bit of looking and comparing options and ended up on this amazon/ebay rig that did not look like any of the others with the funky front links and way forward skid. This one looked well more planned out than any of the other Chy-Na options so I went with it. Originally seen it on Amazon for 70. but looked for shitz n grinz on the Fleabay and found it for a little under 54 with free shipping.

Already had a set of ready to go SSD Pro44s (well I did have to get a couple things to complete them but had 75% of both F and R axles so it didn't take much and its all SSD except the knuckles).

The chassis was a simple build, nothing hard or out of the ordinary except the lay-down servo mount. It's an interesting setup as it is only pinched between the rails and has no bolts for it, just slots with tabs on the mount to slide into. The tabs did go in tight and it was pretty snug once assembled but did have just a lil wiggle. But because this rig is designed for 315mm links and I was using 324mm links to stretch it out a bit, the included servo mount was not going to work and as it has the pan hard mount as part of the servo mount, I need to go a different route to get it to work.

Tried a DSM but being top mount it put the servo output gear right into the top of the front axle so had to do some refiguring and ended up on a Gspeed lay-down servo mount that put the servo flat. That allows the front end to fully compress and the shocks bottom out about 1/2 a mm before the servo mount is on the top links. So that cleared.

As the DSM from CCW is 3d printed and comes with the pan hard mount, I used/modded one of these pan hard mounts just a little bit for a screw head behind it, and a short piece of CF to create a top mount and was able to get the pan hard mount forward enough to keep the panhard bar just forward enough to clear the top link mounts.

GSpeed laydown servo mount inplace then front end put together.

Clearance Shots

This chassis with 324mm links leaves everything extremely tight so everything fits and doesn't interfere with other components upfront including the servo arm.

Varius build shots.

Rhino ESC

Surpass 1700kv outrunner

CCW Forward Motor Mount

Full Droop

Full Squat

Check out the first test run video below.
If you're interested in how quiet the Rhino ESC is with an outrunner, you'll know watching/listening to the vid.

Build Specs.

LCG chassis is a knockoff chassis I got off Ebay for around 54.00. Its a clone of the Japan designed Gieshia RC V1 (they now have V2 only) however I didn't know it was a clone though I thought was and was a bit surprised when I didn't see anything else like it after a week of looking around. So far its a simple build.
I used 324mm links instead of 315 which it's desinged for so that led to some challenges in the build as noted above.
Rhino ESC
Surpass Hobby 3530 1700kv outrunner drone motor I shaved the shaft to
9imod 45 kg steering servo
3.175mm so a pinion fit.
16t 48p pinion
? 48p Spur
3gear Chy-Na tranny
CCW Forward Motor Mount
SSD Drive Shafts F and R
SSD Pro44 Axles F and R Stock gearing in rear and od in front.
Benedict Harry? F Brass knuckles for SCX10.2 (fit the SSD axles great)
Fish RC parts Pan hard mount with SSD Panhard Bar, Drag Link and Cross bar."
324mm ChyNa links with RC4WD rod ends."
DravTech 90mm Shocks with medium soft springs with 35w oils and offset caps.
Treal 1.9 wheels
YZZR 3D printed foams.
Proline Mickey Thompson Baja Pro X in the G8 compound.
Radiolink RC4GS mini 4chnl receiver with RC6GS radio

Running 3s Power Hobby 3300 pack in the vid, but have a 4s 1599 Goldblat pack to lighten the load but it has to go in a different spot then the 3s, So I may stick with the 3s on this and use the 4s on my Monster Mash rigs (crawler and formula 1 I am working towards the build on).

One mentionable, Had a brown out as you can see and I note in the vid.
2nd time as I had one inside testing. So the BEC may be claimed to be 10a, but I think thats very hopefull, so i'll be grabbing a CC 10a just for the steering. If I add a winch, i'll run that on the stock BEC as it did seem to have to be pretty pinchy to brown out, but at 45kg the servo is a bit power hungry over burdening the onboard BEC. FYI.

Last edited by Timmahh; 04-09-2023 at 08:00 PM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Lil Gyshia LCG Build thread. Keeping it cheapish and quiet . - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazon yfgxfxf lcg build waterchestnut.jpg 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 10-06-2023 08:51 AM
How quiet is the Rhino ESC and First Run with the new LCG Rig. Timmahh Electronics 2 04-10-2023 06:00 PM
First LCG build, advice please. Oh How Original General Crawlers 3 03-09-2022 01:23 PM
the kept it quiet build perfictsib EnRoute Berg 7 08-23-2013 02:13 AM