Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Holmes Hobbies TGH Sherpas Only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Holmes Hobbies TGH Sherpas Only

I just made up a link riser for the AR44 axles. I'm gonna do some more anti squat testing.

I'll be doing a few little revisions to the design and then I'll post it up on Thingiverse. I'll probably include a 3 hole and a shorter 2 hole version.

Last weekend me and my brother found the perfect spot to challenge our Sherpa's, It was pretty awesome how these things perform. It was pretty eye opening to say the least. I'm also starting to like the predator compound a bit more, it hooked up pretty well on some of the rock there. Sorry no pics, I was too busy driving lol

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-25-2021 at 02:29 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2021, 04:41 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I made some revisions to the link riser. Lowered the lowest holes to the max and made it hug the housing a bit tighter (to hold it in place). I'm printing one right now.

I still want to do more testing.

Heres a shot my brother got from last weekends run.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:53 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Well she’s back, I swap parts around like it’s going out of style. I robbed to ar45p’s to revive the 6legged goat. Scored a vs4-10 chassis with d44’s on it cheap, so here we are.
Vanquish D44’s
Vanquish Vfd trans
Dlux Dravtech shorts
Was able to use most of the Hardcore RC titanium v3 links. Had to swap the front 3rd link.
Not sure what electronics are going in this thing yet, have some options there also.
Enough rambling enjoy some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:10 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Well she’s back, I swap parts around like it’s going out of style. I robbed to ar45p’s to revive the 6legged goat. Scored a vs4-10 chassis with d44’s on it cheap, so here we are.
Vanquish D44’s
Vanquish Vfd trans
Dlux Dravtech shorts
Was able to use most of the Hardcore RC titanium v3 links. Had to swap the front 3rd link.
Not sure what electronics are going in this thing yet, have some options there also.
Enough rambling enjoy some pics
Looks like a great start, those axles look great, are they ar44 internals?
pcgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgab View Post
Looks like a great start, those axles look great, are they ar44 internals?

Hey thanks man! I’m excited about this one. I believe so, the guy claims it’s got all vanquish internals but I haven’t actually been inside them yet. I’ll tear into them tonight and give them an inspection/clean and grease.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:46 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Been wanting to get a Sherpa for a long time, so as an early b-day present to myself I pulled the trigger on an Expert with the 15% OD today.

Going to use my Capra as a donor rig for the axles and anything else I can pull off of it. I have found that I haven't used that rig much, so why not repurpose some of the pieces for something I have been wanting for a while.

Excited to get the kit and start the build.....now comes the hard part, the waiting!
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:45 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Looking forward to your build Brutus, I think that Capra axles will be great.

I wasn’t very fond of my ar45p’s on the Sherpa chassis, but they’re a bit narrower and the cms. I’m much happier now that I got these d44’s under there. But I’d also like to build one with Capra axles in the future.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:46 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

So this showed up today, thanks to UPS

Going to be a slow build I think. Likely because I have done next to nothing to get prepped for it. But we will get started on it soon.

My Holmes revolver motor also arrived, so it’s heading in the right direction.

RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

I got a bit of footage this weekend with me and my brothers Sherpa's. The green rig at the end is a GSpeed build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05eUksQtPQw

Old 11-17-2021, 02:50 PM   #70
Rock Stacker

My tgh, fitted my enduro trans,links and axles. Worked great so far. Ayone else used different tranny to the hh sherpa rails?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
erinkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 06:01 AM   #71

Hello, I am in the process of rounding up parts for my Sherpa Build, currently have the chassis, skid motor mount and a few other parts.

I have a question on link lengths, what are the lower link lengths (front and rear) everyone is using? I plan to use SSD AR44 diamond axles. Are they the same link lengths as a std SCX10 II? I would like the wheel base to be 12.3 but wasn't sure if the standard link length makes this wheel base with the Sherpa skid.

Thank you.
Naz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:15 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz53 View Post
Hello, I am in the process of rounding up parts for my Sherpa Build, currently have the chassis, skid motor mount and a few other parts.

I have a question on link lengths, what are the lower link lengths (front and rear) everyone is using? I plan to use SSD AR44 diamond axles. Are they the same link lengths as a std SCX10 II? I would like the wheel base to be 12.3 but wasn't sure if the standard link length makes this wheel base with the Sherpa skid.

Thank you.

The skid you’re using makes a huge difference. I personally just run hardcore rc links. Pick your options for skid axles etc. $60 for stainless $90 for titanium and they come with Traxxas rod ends

Old 02-24-2022, 09:43 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Hardcore links are definitely easier to setup due to how they are tagged with the color back for which link it is. I've used them on my G-Shot and InTheWorks on the rest of my builds. Both work in terms of function, just easier with the Hardcore RC links.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:10 AM   #74

Default Holmes Hobbies TGH Sherpas Only

I just started assembling my kit last night and realized the outer slipper plate rubs the servo mount. I think I have everything assembled correctly. Have others had this issue?

Last edited by Euler; 02-24-2022 at 11:22 AM.
Euler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:58 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euler View Post
I just started assembling my kit last night and realized the outer slipper plate rubs the servo mount. I think I have everything assembled correctly. Have others had this issue?

Those pics are too big BTW, please resize them to 1200 x 900 max. You may need to resize before you upload them.

Space is pretty tight and that spur gear is pretty thick. Gring down the servo mount or get a thinner spur gear like a Kimbrough, or come up with a way of thinning out the slipper. You could try removing the slipper pads and locking the spur down tight but I dont think it will have a flat face to seat on.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 02-24-2022 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-24-2022, 11:02 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Those pics are too big BTW, please resize them to 1200 x 900 max. You may need to resize before you upload them.

Space is pretty tight and that spur gear is pretty thick. Gring down the servo mount or get a thinner spur gear lik a Kimbrough, or come up with a way of thinning out the slipper. You could try removing the slipper pads and locking the spur down tight.

Thanks. First time uploading pictures. They look normal in the Tapatalk app so I didn’t realize they were huge.

I considered grinding the raised edges off of the servo mount. Thanks for the options, and I’ll look at those.

Seems weird that it doesn’t work as intended using the kit parts and suggested spur.

Old 02-24-2022, 11:35 AM   #77

Hello and thank you guys for the replies, I have seen the links to use you are suggesting. I have the ability & have made my own links for myself for my builds in the past but those are usually modifying stock scx10 chassis's. I wanted to build this Sherpa to get the best performance it was designed for but as it is only the chassis rails, motor mount and skid (I am using the TGH skid that it comes with.

Thank you for the replies just trying to get the lengths that seemed to be used to get the front geometry to line up the best & then the rear.
Thank you
Naz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:48 AM   #78

Does anyone have the driveshaft lengths noted anywhere that they could share? SuperShafty has a kit but they said it’s out of stock. They told me to just order individually but didn’t respond when I asked what lengths come in the kit.
I can measure once my axles arrive but since that kit exists, I thought maybe someone would have the lengths they could tell me.
I’m running the standard Sherpa kit with TGH FMM, skid, and 15% OD tcase. They list the trans to tcase as 71mm so I’m just looking for the front and rear tcase to axles lengths.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:57 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euler View Post
Does anyone have the driveshaft lengths noted anywhere that they could share? SuperShafty has a kit but they said it’s out of stock. They told me to just order individually but didn’t respond when I asked what lengths come in the kit.
I can measure once my axles arrive but since that kit exists, I thought maybe someone would have the lengths they could tell me.
I’m running the standard Sherpa kit with TGH FMM, skid, and 15% OD tcase. They list the trans to tcase as 71mm so I’m just looking for the front and rear tcase to axles lengths.

For the 12 3/4" wheelbase I run about 140mm long in the rear, 120mm up front. I used Axial WB8-HD shafts, their kits allow many different lengths by swapping parts around or cutting them to length. This is using AR44's.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 02-28-2022 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:01 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
For the 12 3/4" wheelbase I run about 140mm long in the rear, 120mm up front. I used Axial WB8-HD shafts, their kits allow many different lengths by swapping parts around or cutting them to length. This is using AR44's.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to add my link length. I bought the HCRC link kit for a 12.5 WB, and I’m using Capra axles. So that would probably get me very close since I can trim them.

Holmes Hobbies TGH Sherpas Only - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Hobbies AbeKralingen Electronics 8 09-02-2019 07:03 PM