Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Fricker08’s Procrawler Flatgekko

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Fricker08’s Procrawler Flatgekko

Went out to NW Hobbies yesterday to I get a little run time in, ending meeting up with twade.
Pretty happy with how this thing performed, although I don’t feel it was the best test for it. Love the jp1 body and can’t wait for some better weather to really test this thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2021, 08:57 PM   #22
RCC Addict

It was good meeting you guys. I should have taken a closer look at this thing, but maybe next time!
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:21 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
It was good meeting you guys. I should have taken a closer look at this thing, but maybe next time!

Yea for sure man! It’s getting overdrive and dual stage foams as we speak

Old 02-24-2021, 12:21 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Got the foams installed, thinking I should have went with the 4.5” but I can swap later. I’ll run these and see how they feel.

Went with the vanquish overdrive, for the sake of amain had them and not waiting on multiple orders. Same gearing as the tgh od so it should be right around 36%. Now all I need is some dry weather and some rocks!

Old 02-24-2021, 12:35 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Man this thing looks nice bud I like it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
TwiztidDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:43 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiztidDevil View Post
Man this thing looks nice bud I like it.

Hey thanks man, super happy with it so far. Can’t wait to put it through it’s paces

Old 02-28-2021, 10:30 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Well she got a power plant swap.. SW4 revolver 2200kv and Holmes V3 servo. Getting ready to go hit some rocks! I’ll report back with good news and pics hopefully

Old 02-28-2021, 04:16 PM   #28
RCC Addict

After seeing this in person I’d say the pictures don’t do it justice. You’ve got it set super low, everything seems to just clear and I bet it performs well. I look forward to your thoughts on the new electronics setup.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Hey thanks man! Yea this thing is a blast to drive.
I broke the front driveshaft the first 3 minutes there. The angle was way too severe which I knew but didn’t expect that. After getting home I flipped the skid and all is happy in the world for now.
I really can’t wait for some dry weather because I feel like a lot of the troubles I had were do to the very wet slick rock and tires being wet. It doesn’t descend very well but again I think that will change with weather. The revolver takes a little getting use to, but after a few minutes of driving I throughly enjoy it. Very nice low speed control and still plenty of pep. The Holmes servo has met and exceeded all the hype. Had a guy telling me how hot shit his reefs 555 was and I suggested he get the original. Setup was easy, especially the epa. Set it until it doesn’t turn any further and back it off a click or 2, no crazy buzz like all my Savox servos.
All n all this is going to be one very capable rig and I don’t for see changing much.
*Sorry I didn’t get better pics.. the place was slammed..

Old 03-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Looking awesome man. I didn't catch what ESC you're running. One thing I did when I went with out-runner was to follow JRH's video on tuning the esc, especially the throttle curve and punch control. It helped me get the feel dialed in for excellent low speed control and the right amount of punch when needed.

Cheers,
Gable
pcgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:30 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgab View Post
Looking awesome man. I didn't catch what ESC you're running. One thing I did when I went with out-runner was to follow JRH's video on tuning the esc, especially the throttle curve and punch control. It helped me get the feel dialed in for excellent low speed control and the right amount of punch when needed.

Cheers,
Gable

Hey thanks Gable, I’m running the sidewinder 4. I got the setup from Twade here and he set it up from JRH video. It feels excellent, I just had the motor spinning the wrong way but I’ve changed some things up so I’m I’ll be double checking everything this weekend

Old 03-07-2021, 12:29 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Got this thing back on the rocks today, a lot less crowded and was able to hit some pretty fun lines. It was also nice to get another base line before making some changes.. coming soon. Anyways I was way more impressed today, rock conditions were better and got a solid hour of run time in

Old 03-07-2021, 03:09 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

That is a fantastic location Fricker!

Wow!

Awesome rig and great pictures!
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:05 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
That is a fantastic location Fricker!

Wow!

Awesome rig and great pictures!

Hey thanks man, I’m very fortunate to have some great wheeling spots close-ish.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:20 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Well this really sucks.. I’m going to bite my tongue and not fly off the handle right now. But I spent a large to me amount of money on parts to make this rig better. High clearance stainless links.. from Procrawler.. for the ar45p axles.. along with some other chassis parts to clean some things up. Well none of the sh*t fits.
For starters.. the front lower links aren’t bent, they’re straight. I’ve never seen “high clearance” that aren’t bent.
Front links push the axle too far forward so the supplied panhard isn’t even close to working. Tried to use the stock panhard which was a lot closer but the suspension still won’t cycle. Attempted to shorten them up but without cutting they’re not going to work.
Rear links give the rear axle too much angle so I don’t get full travel before the case contacts the chassis.
To finish it off the electronics trays I ordered aren’t going to work without modification or with the CMS plate in place.
They also shorted me 4 “link socks” cone shaped sleeve to keep the rod end front getting hung up.
When it took 2 months to get this thing I should have demanded a refund and bought the gspeed chassis like I wanted to. Live and learn.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:24 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

Damn......that's a major bummer man. I'd be mad as hell myself. Still love your rig and that's an awesome crawling spot. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out. I'm enjoying this thread.

TwiztidDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:49 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiztidDevil View Post
Damn......that's a major bummer man. I'd be mad as hell myself. Still love your rig and that's an awesome crawling spot. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out. I'm enjoying this thread.

Yea I can’t stop thinking about it. I spent the better part of 3 hours assembling and trying to install the links. I paid double what a set of intheworks links cost, and at this point I wish I would have just taken that gamble. As a matter of fact, what I spent on the links and chassis parts could have bought me a carbon gspeed v3 chassis and a set of Intheworks links.. but I thought these were really going to work and be worth it. Boy was I wrong and should have gone the other way.
Thanks man, was really looking forward to going out again this weekend. I guess I’ll just run my 6x6 instead.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:47 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Have you tried contacting them? Maybe they sent the wrong links.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:24 AM   #39
Go Buckeyes!

First off, great looking rig and awesome outdoor pics!

Man that sucks! Hopefully they can get it straightened out and get you the right parts. I understand your pain with the delays from USPS and then to top it off you get sent the wrong parts.

I ordered and received my first GSPEED TGH-V3 kit a few weeks ago. Gabe from GSPEED sent the order out the same day, but USPS left it sit in California for over a week without any updates on the shipping info.

I just placed an order from Intheworks for a set of hi-clearance links and I'm hoping that I don't have the same problem you had. I have heard their links are top-notch, so we will see!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:52 AM   #40
RCC Addict

That sucks man, I hope you get it resolved.

Time to put the axial links back on and order a g-speed chassis for a new build??? I see no other solution at this point.

Fricker08’s Procrawler Flatgekko - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fricker08’s 10.3 Fricker08 Axial SCX10 III 41 03-14-2021 03:50 PM
Fricker08’s trx4 take 2 Fricker08 Traxxas TRX-4 12 10-20-2020 06:02 PM
Fricker08’s what were you thinking... trx4 Fricker08 Traxxas TRX-4 35 08-02-2020 07:48 AM