Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Fricker08’s Procrawler Flatgekko

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2021, 07:51 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Fricker08’s Procrawler Flatgekko

I should start off with I’m not trying to bash these dudes, I’m just disappointed with what I received. I did email them, and I’ll see if they respond.

Phildirt, yea man I wrote them and told them on how dissatisfied I was. The thing is, I’m not sure they make different link kits. In the manual it says for ar44/45 axles the panhard must mount this way and for enduro axles it must mount 180 out. The links look identical to their display picture.

Bmow, thanks man! I appreciate it. The truck was great, I was just trying to make it a little better.
I totally understand your frustration with usps.. that is a real pain. I’ve heard intheworks has been a little slow to ship but from what I’ve seen he makes some killer stuff. Also Gabe at gspeed seems like a solid dude, and they’ll be getting my business from now on
I waited 2 months for this chassis because the contractors machine broke that mills the rails and they kept telling me they’ll be ready next week, they’ll be ready next week. Until they told me their contractor bailed on them completely.

Twade, I think you’re exactly right. I’ll be ripping all this off tonight and deciding where to go from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2021, 01:06 AM   #42
RCC Addict

I swapped this thing back over to stock links for now. When gspeed gets some stuff back in stock I’ll be ordering all the pieces to run a V3.
I’ve been emailing back n forth with Procrawler, I just sent them all the measurements and I’m waiting for a response.
I’m sure they’re busy because they just released a new chassis, ironically enough that isn’t compatible with Capra f9’s or 10.3 ar45p axles like my chassis supposedly is.

Old 03-12-2021, 09:32 AM   #43
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I’m sure they’re busy because they just released a new chassis, ironically enough that isn’t compatible with Capra f9’s or 10.3 ar45p axles like my chassis supposedly is.

That's odd that they would not design it to be compatible with them axles. These axles seem to be what everyone is using to build the LCG chassis' these days! Or at least that what I've been seeing lately!

GSPEED just added the CF TGH-V3 package back onto the website along with a few other items. The trans are still out-of-stock though!

I'm planning on putting my order in for the CF TGH-V3 package later today before they vanish off the site again. My VS4-10 Origin w/VFD will be getting overhauled again!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:01 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Bmow, I totally agree. The only downside of the 10.3 axles is you can’t run soa but I have no complaints with mine so far.
Yea I saw the V3 kit, but I have a set of sliders and I need to run the G-mp Panhard mount. I’m also wanting to run the lay down servo mount. For my build the servo mount and Vader skid are out of stock but Gabe said they should be back in about a week.
Right on that will be a sweet build! Looking forward to seeing that

Old 03-13-2021, 05:22 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Put the stock 10.3 links back on and drove her a bit today. This rig does work well, I’m not denying that. Just not happy which way things went. That’s why I have a gspeed Carbon v3 in the mail.

Old 03-17-2021, 02:26 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Well at least I wasn’t crazy...

Old 03-17-2021, 04:08 PM   #47
Go Buckeyes!

Great to hear that you weren't crazy! Glad that they realized the problem and are going to get it straightened out for you! Just sucks that you are going to have to wait even longer!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:23 PM   #48
Slow is the new Fast

Nice build Fricker! Good to see it getting its rock-time, your crawl spot looks fun. Looking forward to the chassis swap
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:29 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Nice build Fricker! Good to see it getting its rock-time, your crawl spot looks fun. Looking forward to the chassis swap

Hey thanks man, yea sucks the thing took a hard right when I tried upgrading the links but hopefully this next set will take care of it. I’m robbing the axles for my gspeed build but I’m about to buy a kit to rob the axles to continue on with this thing.
I bought this thing to have something different and I hope to stay with it. Even though I’m building a badass v3 also

Old 03-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Man, it's really sad that after all the issues you ran into just to get the chassis in the first place you are still running into problems with Procrawler. Hopefully they will follow through and send you the parts to straighten things out and not take forever to do it. The truck does look great and at least you're able to drive it while you wait for the fixes so it's not a complete loss.
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:32 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjensen View Post
Man, it's really sad that after all the issues you ran into just to get the chassis in the first place you are still running into problems with Procrawler. Hopefully they will follow through and send you the parts to straighten things out and not take forever to do it. The truck does look great and at least you're able to drive it while you wait for the fixes so it's not a complete loss.

Yea it was quite the bummer. It’s going through some changes right now. I’ll post more when I get it situated. The good news is, there’s more than just this truck brewing. Excited to get on the next project also

Old 03-20-2021, 10:52 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Excited to get on the next project
Me too! Ever since I built my SCX10.2 I’ve been having the itch to build again lol. It sucks when half the stuff you need is out of stock though

Old 03-21-2021, 01:12 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Me too! Ever since I built my SCX10.2 I’ve been having the itch to build again lol. It sucks when half the stuff you need is out of stock though

Yea man I hear that. I got lucky and was able to catch all the stuff I needed for the gspeed build. Shocks and links should be coming soon.

Old 03-21-2021, 01:15 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Well here it is.. ar44’s don’t mind the trans. It will likely get swapped for a 3 gear. BP servo on axle mount coming. Axles got the ssd steering link and will be getting universals as well as some over/under drive likely. Not sure what body to run though. Like the new jcon tucked Ford but I’m not spending half the cost of the body on shipping. The jp1 just doesn’t look right and the f100 honcho cab I have is too big.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:54 AM   #55
RCC Addict

I like it! It’s different enough from the what the g-speed will be, should be interesting to compare the two side by side.

Also, I handled a pair of those tires at NWH yesterday, they are better looking in person for sure. And I like the sizing. Looking forward to seeing how you like them around here.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:35 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Thanks man, yea I’m actually excited about this thing again. Wish I would have held on to the pro44’s and gone about it that way but oh well. Today I got a gspeed skid mounted with a 3 gear trans I assembled. I added a link riser I had in the parts bin for some more anti squat in the rear. Mounted the Esc battery tray and receiver. All that’s left is the BP servo on axle mount, softer springs and the 10% overdrive that should be here this week. Oh and I decided on a body but I’ll let that be a surprise. As of right now it weighs in at 4lbs 5.5oz w/ no body. I can’t wait to run this thing.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:30 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Alright here we are for now, ar44’s ssd 10% od up front. 3 gear trans with metal gears. Bpc soa mount Holmes V3 servo
Running the sw4 and 2200kv revolver.
Purple Capra springs, may be too soft but we will see. Was able to make the jp1 fit. I’m saving the new body for the gspeed. This is a totally different truck than it was before, can’t wait to get out and run this thing. It comes in at 4lbs 13.5oz right now with a battery. Will go up slightly when I add the brass knuckles universals later on

Old 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Love the stance of it..how much cm space do you have under the skid ?
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:38 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Default Fricker08’s Procrawler Flatgekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Love the stance of it..how much cm space do you have under the skid ?

Thanks man! It’s low, but I don’t know an exact measurement right now. I’ll get one and get back to you on that

Last edited by Fricker08; 03-27-2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:34 PM   #60
RCC Addict

I’ll just leave this here

https://youtu.be/OJbK2hS4fvQ

Fricker08’s Procrawler Flatgekko - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fricker08’s 10.3 Fricker08 Axial SCX10 III 41 03-14-2021 03:50 PM
Fricker08’s trx4 take 2 Fricker08 Traxxas TRX-4 12 10-20-2020 06:02 PM
Fricker08’s what were you thinking... trx4 Fricker08 Traxxas TRX-4 35 08-02-2020 07:48 AM