RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   PL vs CI (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/622090-pl-vs-ci.html)

austin-92 11-20-2020 07:43 AM

PL vs CI

Has anyone compared the 2 stage proline foams with lil novas? Noticing steering and side hilling issues with proline single stage. I really want to try lil novas which are competitively priced with pro lines but I can only find free shipping on the pro line foams. That makes a 10$ difference on something I already feel like is overpriced. Are lil novas 10$ better than proline dual stages? Are either 40-50$ better than the single stage foams that come with proline tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcgab 11-20-2020 09:49 AM

Re: PL vs CI

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin-92 (Post 6054080)
Has anyone compared the 2 stage proline foams with lil novas? Noticing steering and side hilling issues with proline single stage. I really want to try lil novas which are competitively priced with pro lines but I can only find free shipping on the pro line foams. That makes a 10$ difference on something I already feel like is overpriced. Are lil novas 10$ better than proline dual stages? Are either 40-50$ better than the single stage foams that come with proline tires?

I've compared them on my current rig, and find the CI lil nova's to work much better than the Pro-Line dual stage foams. The stability is fantastic, sidehill, downhill turns, etc.

Both are dramatically better than the stock foams, and IMO the CI are well worth it.

Cheers,
Gable

austin-92 11-21-2020 12:40 AM

I thought that was the answer I’d get. Has anyone found a CI dealer offering free shipping?

Lashlee 11-21-2020 06:04 AM

I've used them both in two sets of Hyrax in Predators and couldn't really tell a difference. If anything, I like the idea of the CI's where you can choose your mix of durometer instead of the PL's where you are stuck with whatever they feel is the right mix. If anything, either will be a step up from the included foams from most tires.

xxlostonexx 11-21-2020 10:28 AM

Have you tried team ottsix halos’. Check them out. If you want to be budget conscience, check out off all things, hair doughnuts. They use them to style girls hair into that nice perfectly round bun. I have 5 women in my house. Plus I have read about other people using them. They are pretty good. I used them in my light weight shafty.

HumboldtEF 11-21-2020 11:43 AM

CI all the way, they offer different sizes and different firmness of foams where as Proline has only 1 dual stage offerring for 1.9's. I personally dont even consider Proline foams an option worth using.

If you buy from somewhere like RPP or Amian and spend a certain amount they have coupons that can be used plus if your order is over $100 shipping is free.

Amazon has some that will ship free but they are marked up to account for that.

Lashlee 11-22-2020 06:56 AM

I've been eyeing the Ottsix ones, I'd like to try some of the KLR's or KLR/M's once I can find some in stock somewhere.