Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: PL vs CI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default PL vs CI

Has anyone compared the 2 stage proline foams with lil novas? Noticing steering and side hilling issues with proline single stage. I really want to try lil novas which are competitively priced with pro lines but I can only find free shipping on the pro line foams. That makes a 10$ difference on something I already feel like is overpriced. Are lil novas 10$ better than proline dual stages? Are either 40-50$ better than the single stage foams that come with proline tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: PL vs CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-92 View Post
Has anyone compared the 2 stage proline foams with lil novas? Noticing steering and side hilling issues with proline single stage. I really want to try lil novas which are competitively priced with pro lines but I can only find free shipping on the pro line foams. That makes a 10$ difference on something I already feel like is overpriced. Are lil novas 10$ better than proline dual stages? Are either 40-50$ better than the single stage foams that come with proline tires?

I've compared them on my current rig, and find the CI lil nova's to work much better than the Pro-Line dual stage foams. The stability is fantastic, sidehill, downhill turns, etc.

Both are dramatically better than the stock foams, and IMO the CI are well worth it.

Cheers,
Gable
pcgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:40 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I thought that was the answer I’d get. Has anyone found a CI dealer offering free shipping?

austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:04 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I've used them both in two sets of Hyrax in Predators and couldn't really tell a difference. If anything, I like the idea of the CI's where you can choose your mix of durometer instead of the PL's where you are stuck with whatever they feel is the right mix. If anything, either will be a step up from the included foams from most tires.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Have you tried team ottsix halos’. Check them out. If you want to be budget conscience, check out off all things, hair doughnuts. They use them to style girls hair into that nice perfectly round bun. I have 5 women in my house. Plus I have read about other people using them. They are pretty good. I used them in my light weight shafty.
xxlostonexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

CI all the way, they offer different sizes and different firmness of foams where as Proline has only 1 dual stage offerring for 1.9's. I personally dont even consider Proline foams an option worth using.

If you buy from somewhere like RPP or Amian and spend a certain amount they have coupons that can be used plus if your order is over $100 shipping is free.

Amazon has some that will ship free but they are marked up to account for that.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:56 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I've been eyeing the Ottsix ones, I'd like to try some of the KLR's or KLR/M's once I can find some in stock somewhere.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote