Notices

Thread: -Lunar Bound- Moon Buggy Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2022, 05:17 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: -Lunar Bound- Moon Buggy Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
I've got a few of those dlux portal transmissions, they are killer! Like you I went from a 2.low to the dlux unit.

I decided to keep the 2.low and use the Dlux Portal tranny in my next build. Looks like I'll need to wait on Capra axles shafts to get re-stocked though. BTW what motor did you use with your Dlux portal tranny? I'm assuming something on the slow side would be best like 1000-1800KV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
Looking good

Thanks!

I was able to put a few bends in the ESC mount to get the clearance I needed. I cut one end loose to make up for this piece pulling the sides together and then filled the gap with my mig
I thought I was going to have to move it up much higher and then space the ESC down accordingly but this works much better.

I also did a bit of work to the front servo and servo mount. before I can get to full compression up front the servo horn hits the cage, this limits travel by 5-6mm.

I filed down the VP servo mount around 2mm

Then to get the servo to actually sit lower I extended the mount points on the servo. I 3D printed a jig that uses some metal sleeves so I could use a drill bit without destroying the jig. I also found a lower profile servo horn but when I tried to pull off the VP horn I got the sense I was about to strip out the screw holding it and decided to just live with it.

I got a little bit of crawling in yesterday and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy this rig and 4WS. Unfortunately the rocks at the beach had a ton of wet sand washed up on them so the typical grip was not there. The tires got all sandy which I usually try to avoid but there was no avoiding it yesterday.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-04-2022 at 05:33 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2022, 11:24 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I decided to keep the 2.low and use the Dlux Portal tranny in my next build. Looks like I'll need to wait on Capra axles shafts to get re-stocked though. BTW what motor did you use with your Dlux portal tranny? I'm assuming something on the slow side would be best like 1000-1800KV.
I've got an 1800kv revolver in one, and 2500kv on the other two (one AR45p, two Capra axles). I can certainly use some slower motors since I tried to go higher due to the extra gearing with the 2.low.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:29 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

nice work man, its funny I happened across your video on Youtube yesterday. I was like I should go over to RCC and check out the build. and here it is already brought back to the top. lol
love it man.
octigonwallrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:52 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
I've got an 1800kv revolver in one, and 2500kv on the other two (one AR45p, two Capra axles). I can certainly use some slower motors since I tried to go higher due to the extra gearing with the 2.low.
Thanks Lashlee, I think I'll go for a 1000kv revolver and if thats too slow I can try different pinions or jump up to 4S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octigonwallrus View Post
nice work man, its funny I happened across your video on Youtube yesterday. I was like I should go over to RCC and check out the build. and here it is already brought back to the top. lol
love it man.
lol thats funny, thanks for checking out the build
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 03:47 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

did you finished this?
cooper_xl is offline   Reply With Quote

-Lunar Bound- Moon Buggy Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T1E AX-10 Moon Buggy build by Crawler Innovations Nova's Ark Axial AX-10 Scorpion 184 03-08-2019 07:47 AM
RC Moon Buggy Shannon Campbell KOH 2008 - build + video action Dirty Bastard Videos! 0 03-16-2018 07:37 AM
Camo Moon Buggy Build EvilTwin v2 EnRoute Berg 15 09-17-2010 08:30 PM
moon buggy build scookkay Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 08-31-2009 12:17 AM
Moon Buggy build for S's n Gls Timmahh General Scale Talk 41 02-05-2009 11:21 PM