Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Cross Rc PG4L..., lowered!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2021, 01:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Cross Rc PG4L..., lowered!

Being a little more into the scale side of the hobby; I’m having a hard time finding a good spot for the pg4l. It’s my dually tow-rig..., but it’s so large. It sits higher and has larger tires than most of my rigs.
Was hoping to lower and fit some smaller tires on it, but the wheels wells don’t look that great with smaller than 4.2 tires imo.
So at least I could lower the beast....

Figured the front i could easily go down to an 80mm shock; which I may limit so more in the future.

At the rear, the forward leaf hanger is hanging quite low. I was able to take an old hanger from a tf2 and tuck the leaf up.

I drilled the frame bolt holes a little larger and to the centre, as the cross rc shackles holes are a little closer together.

I had to use spacers to line the hole in the frame with the shackle; also keeping it in line with original setup.

Used some small shocks I had around.., smaller than 60mm. Like with the tf2; being angled gives more articulation.

And simple as that...,

Being a tow rig; I don’t want truck that has the equivalent of 12” suspension travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lkvisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Cross Rc PG4L..., lowered! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cross RC PG4L.... What a beautiful beast! lkvisser 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 07-16-2020 08:07 AM
Any love for Cross-RC? Got a PG4L video up! wwaveform Videos! 3 06-01-2019 01:14 AM
Cross RC PG4L 1/10 4WD 2-Speed Pick Up Truck kstowe General Crawlers 38 05-07-2016 07:20 PM