Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: TBuggy's GSpeed build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2021, 11:15 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default TBuggy's GSpeed build

So after checking out all of these awesome GSpeed builds all over the internet, I just had to build one of my own. I really like the idea of using Capra axles so thats the direction of this build. I don't have plans to compete but definitely not opposed to venturing that direction if opportunity arose some day and timing works out.

Components used for this build;
Carbon V3 chassis
Capra Axles
TGH-HH Goat Axles pan hard mount
G-LD CMS servo mount
Gspeed chassis spacers
TGH 2. low transmission (30% overdrive)
InTheWorks SS high clearance links
Junfac steal driveshafts
Enduro (bronze body) shocks w/ samix brass spring perches
Holmes Hobbies SHV500V3 servo
Castle Creations mamba x micro
Holmes Hobbies Revolver V2 2200KV
KNK SS hardware holding everything together

No need IMO to waste time on the steps that it took to get as far as I am now but I figured starting a thread to post some of the things I encounter during the process of this build as well as to get others opinions on my build.

So far I have gotten this far on the build.
IMG_2975 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_2976 by T Buggy, on Flickr

Everything has gone together so smooth at this point its like I am building a kit! The only real hiccups I have come across at this point are the pan hard link and the steering link. I know I picked out the correct kit from ITW but for some reason the links are just not quite right.

I ended up looking through my spare parts and found some Traxxas Rustler rod ends that were longer than the ends that came with the links. I was able to figure out the right length and trimmed down the end so the link was perfect. Also needed to add some shims to the pan hard mount. Now everything sits super flat and level.
IMG_2977 by T Buggy, on Flickr

I am still noticed the steering link is hitting the chassis before the shocks bottom out when wheels are turned all the way to the left and then you compress only the left side. I pretty much fixed this by heating the rod end slightly and putting a bend on it. I still may ultimately add a slight bend to the steering link so that it will clear the chassis 100% when in full throw to the left and compressed. It is minimal but I want it perfect so some minor adjustments are still needed.

Just got my motor today and the ESC will arrive tomorrow.

More to come, I building this at a crawlers pace!
TBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: TBuggy's GSpeed build

Man, looks great so far TBuggy!

Sounds like you are in the same boat that I'm in! I've been mesmerized by all these cool GSpeed builds that I've seen here on RCC and on the social!

I'm really liking your build list! Nice to see you were able to find the TGH 2.low trans. I wanted to go that direction with my build, but this trans seem to be non-existent at the moment.

Them Enduro bronze shocks look sweet bolted up to the carbon fiber! These shocks would have been my choice if I didn't already have the Dravtechs.

Suspension look nice and tucked at full compression. I'll have to check to see if my link is hitting the chassis at full compression. I don't think it is, but it could be because I'm running different axles.

Liked, subscribed and following along!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:02 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

A few weeks ago I had the 2.low in my cart at the Gspeed website but hesitated and when I checked back about an hour later they were sold out! I figured was going to be without the transmission for a minute until they were in stock again. I was doing some web searched and found out about https://rcaddictparts.com I had never shopped there before but at the one time I visited their site they had the 2.low in stock...at first I was thinking this can't be right, all the other major sites are sold out but this one has them? Is it a scam, I thought? I quickly started to look into the company and saw that they did appear to be reputable and had some decent feedback from what I was able to quickly gather. So I pulled the trigger and 3-4 days later it showed up! I felt like I got pretty lucky on that find for sure!

The shocks were another reason I bought the Capra that I did to use for this build. I found a nice never ran but built Capra kit. The price was pretty good when I started doing the math about what some of the components would have costed if bought them separately.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:05 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

All the electronics installed now. Went with the revolver and mamba X micro. Also got some new tires, the hyrax are way better for my rocks than the growlers during some minor testing. Unfortunately I still need to do some ESC adjustments and since I only have macs I have to find someone with a device willing to help me out. I still need to send out for the free USB adapter so once i get that in hand I will look a little harder for a PC to use.

Motor choice;
IMG_2985 by T Buggy, on Flickr

pic during test run;
IMG_3048 by T Buggy, on Flickr

I am still working on the body. At first I was going to go with the Proline Hilux body but then decided after the fact I really do want a hard body for this rig and picked up the RCWD TF2 body.
IMG_3046 by T Buggy, on Flickr

Haven't gotten far on the body cuts yet. So far just cut out the fenders. I may cut a little more out towards the front but I want to keep as much of the side of the fender up there as I can. I will pinch the front end next to see if I have trim any more.
IMG_3054 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3058 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3064 by T Buggy, on Flickr
Old 04-05-2021, 11:11 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Got the bed in today. Now time to get to work getting this to fit the way I want it to.
IMG_3066 by T Buggy, on Flickr
Old 04-05-2021, 08:01 PM   #6

Looking good can't wait to see the bed all finished and mounted up.

I'm not to happy with my Growlers either, they look really awesome but performance is not even close to a Proline tire IMHO. I have a set of Flat Iron 1.9XL's on the way.
caluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:12 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by caluke View Post
Looking good can't wait to see the bed all finished and mounted up.

I'm not to happy with my Growlers either, they look really awesome but performance is not even close to a Proline tire IMHO. I have a set of Flat Iron 1.9XL's on the way.
Thanks @caluke!

As for the growlers I am thinking instead of tossing them maybe cutting out a slightly different tread pattern and maybe even sipe some of the tread to make it grippier before I totally give up on them. But yeah they kind of suck right now compared to the hyrax.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:27 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I have been working on this build at a crawlers pace. So far I have the body modified the way I like it now. This was my first time doing any sort of RC body modifications past painting and I do think it turned out pretty good. Its hard to see with the current base coat of paint right now but I have incorporated dents throughout various areas in the body to help give it a more beat up real rock crawler look. I do plan to get a little creative with the end paint scheme. With the weather getting better I will find more opportunities to get outside and paint.

Let me know what you guys think so far!?

IMG_3207 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3206 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3208 by T Buggy, on Flickr

I have another project in the works so once I get that going I will post some pics of that one then.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:55 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Looks killer bro!

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:53 AM   #10
Go Buckeyes!

Body turned out great! Great job on the body mods, cuts and dents! I think the beat-up Yota look goes great with these type of builds.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:34 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the kind words!

Made some more progress on the body. I still plan on adding some more details but pretty happy with it so far. Also added a winch (no hook yet LOL) but am having issues setting up my transmitter.

If anyone has some input on setting up a Spektrum DXR4 pro with a winch let me know please!?

Anyways here is where I am at with the truck so far.
IMG_3259 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3261 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3257 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3260 by T Buggy, on Flickr

Last edited by TBuggy; 04-30-2021 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:18 PM   #12
Gold Star Baby!

This is a pretty awesome build! I like that you went CMS with the Capra axles. That’s unique.

Looking great so far.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:55 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Looks so good! I really like the dents on the roof, too cool.

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:46 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Those Bronze/Black Boom Racing ProBuilds look perfect with the OD green primary color!

Excellent stance, too...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:12 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

looks very nicely done can i see a body off shot of how u did your winch brakeline please
Neilo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 12:14 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
This is a pretty awesome build! I like that you went CMS with the Capra axles. That’s unique.

Looking great so far.
Thanks, the kind words are much appreciated!

I wanted to do something a little different and I saw that it has been done before so I thats the route I went.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:16 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Looks so good! I really like the dents on the roof, too cool.

Lou
Thanks! I figured a few dents on the roof would look good as well.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:20 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Those Bronze/Black Boom Racing ProBuilds look perfect with the OD green primary color!

Excellent stance, too...
The boom racing probuilds are awesome. Pretty sure I will be getting more in the future.

The capra axles top the look for sure IMO!
Old 05-02-2021, 12:24 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilo68 View Post
looks very nicely done can i see a body off shot of how u did your winch brakeline please
I got a couple of pics for you today.
IMG_3292 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3291 by T Buggy, on Flickr

I had a small chance to take it out and test it a little bit today. Love it so far!
IMG_3285 by T Buggy, on Flickr

IMG_3270 by T Buggy, on Flickr
Old 06-30-2021, 01:37 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Haven't done any updates on this one recently but I have done some changes. Just installed the Supershafty rear link relocation riser.

IMG_3738 by T Buggy, on Flickr

Before;
IMG_3734 by T Buggy, on Flickr

After;
IMG_3739 by T Buggy, on Flickr

I will get to do some testing later this week.

TBuggy's GSpeed build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gspeed/TGH/Enduro build for class 3 garyk 1.9 Scale Rigs 35 07-02-2021 01:17 PM
Noob GSpeed Build - ? About Parts SertRC 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 01-14-2021 06:56 AM
LightWeight GSpeed V2 Build! scxguy Axial SCX-10 1 04-02-2019 06:40 PM
GSpeed Chassis Build - Cloncho's Next Evolution n_d_fox 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 05-24-2016 09:49 AM