Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2021, 06:39 AM   #41
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build

Well, another day, another body! I decided to travel to the dark side and pick up a JConcepts Creep body. I was really wanted to avoid getting this body since it has been used so many times, but it does fit these chassis' great and the price for it is hard to beat.

For now I have it cut at the cut lines, but my plan is to slam it as low as possible without making it look ridiculous! Not sure yet on the paint color and scheme. I want to spend the time now to get it sitting good and low on the chassis.

I only drilled the front mounting holes for now. I'm planning on cutting out the bed area to fit around the shock towers so that I can get it to sit lower on the chassis. The nice thing about the GSpeed body mounts is that if I want to run the Deadbolt body, all I'll have to do is unbolt the mounts and reposition them so that they line up with the Deadbolt body.

Name:  IMG_6352.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  181.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6353.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  180.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6354.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  178.5 KB

The only issue I see with this body is how narrow it is at the doors. The body is bowed out where my Mamba X is mounted, so I'm going to have to decide how and where to mount the Mamba so that it does not interfere with the body.

Name:  IMG_6355.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  113.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6356.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  176.3 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Hey brian, got a idea for u. What about swapping spots with the rx n lay the mamba x on its side? Youd have to turn it 180 n put the leads towards the back so the went over the transfer case of the tranny. Should let the body sit correctly then.

Oh, did u go with the kit version of the gspeed? The one for $124? Gettin right close to pullin that trigger lol
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:33 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Looking real good bro!

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:05 PM   #44
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Hey brian, got a idea for u. What about swapping spots with the rx n lay the mamba x on its side? Youd have to turn it 180 n put the leads towards the back so the went over the transfer case of the tranny. Should let the body sit correctly then.

Oh, did u go with the kit version of the gspeed? The one for $124? Gettin right close to pullin that trigger lol
Hey bama that is a good idea! The cab is wider in the rear and would allow more room for the Mamba. I also thought about moving the Mamba to the center of the slider. That would allow me to move it in closer to the transfer case since the chassis rail and slider are even in the center. Then I could move the RX somewhere else. The RX is light enough that I don't think it would upset the balance too much if I moved it.

Yes, I bought the "GSPEED Chassis Carbon Fiber TGH-V3 TGH-V3 deal" for $124.98. Also bought the Vader skid, G-LD Laydown servo mount, GSpeed body mounts, GSpeed square spacers and the G-MP panhard mount. Depending on the axles you use, you may want to get the GSpeed Element/portal kit for $123. It already comes with the G-MP panhard mount that is needed for Element axles or portal axles. I found that the G-MP mount worked out better for me using the VP D44 axles than the TFR panhard mount that comes with TGH-V3 kit. Pull it, pull that trigger!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Looking real good bro!

Lou
Thanks man! She's getting closer!
Old 05-14-2021, 05:54 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Well brian, u twisted my arm til it popped lol. I pulled the trigger n got the CF v3 chassis kit. Now to decide which servo mount to go with. But ill get it in a few weeks. Think im goina go with the vfd as well, such a great trans setup. Not sure on axles yet, but i do have a set of one piece ar44s, never been ran. We'll see when tge time comes i guess lol
Old 05-14-2021, 06:02 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Default B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build

Nice choice of body!

I’m glad you didn’t go with a PW lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I love those bodies but there so popular on LCG builds.

Indybama, I’ll be waiting on a build thread, or atleast pictures! You Topher, and Brian are pushing me towards getting a Gspeed chassis...

Instagram: Island_crawlaz
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #47
RCC Addict

They kept gettin me closer to the edge with thier builds n then shoved me off into the gspeed pit lol. Cant wait to get all the parts gathered up for mine. Brian has alot of great ideas n info here n tb does as well.

May as well jump in the pit with us SLN lol
Old 05-14-2021, 07:37 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
They kept gettin me closer to the edge with thier builds n then shoved me off into the gspeed pit lol. Cant wait to get all the parts gathered up for mine. Brian has alot of great ideas n info here n tb does as well.

Yep, looking at everything I’d need for a Gspeed build lol.

Part of me wants to run Capra axles on one, but also I don’t want to buy a whole Capra kit for just axles lol. I’m not even sure what chassis I need/should get.

Sorry for the sorta off topic derailing B-MOW

Instagram: Island_crawlaz
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:03 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Part of me wants to run Capra axles on one, but also I don’t want to buy a whole Capra kit for just axles lol. I’m not even sure what chassis I need/should get.
For the new C3 rig I'm building, I'm using the CG 4.2 chassis. When it comes time to build a C2 rig, something from GSpeed is currently my #1 choice.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:48 AM   #50
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Well brian, u twisted my arm til it popped lol. I pulled the trigger n got the CF v3 chassis kit. Now to decide which servo mount to go with. But ill get it in a few weeks. Think im goina go with the vfd as well, such a great trans setup. Not sure on axles yet, but i do have a set of one piece ar44s, never been ran. We'll see when tge time comes i guess lol
Nice! Congrats bama! The pain of me twisting your arm will fade once you get to building it!

I started out this build with the TGH dual servo mount, but found that the Laydown servo mount worked out better for the clearance I was looking for using the D44 axles. I could have bent the panhard link to curve around the diff and servo horn, but I was too lazy!

The VFD is a great choice and fits in this chassis like a well fitting glove with a set of offset front axles.

Can't wait to see your build when it all comes in!

Quote:
Nice choice of body!

I’m glad you didn’t go with a PW lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I love those bodies but there so popular on LCG builds.

Indybama, I’ll be waiting on a build thread, or atleast pictures! You Topher, and Brian are pushing me towards getting a Gspeed chassis...
Thanks! I may give in and get a PW in the future now that the Cliffhanger has become the body of choice!

Here's a little nudge to push you closer to the GSpeed purchase!

Quote:

Quote:
Yep, looking at everything I’d need for a Gspeed build lol.

Sorry for the sorta off topic derailing B-MOW
No problem!

Yeah, Capra axles by themselves may me hard to find right now! The GSpeed TGH-V3 chassis will work with most setups. Can always swap in other parts along the way to make it work.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:21 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Well, according to my email, my chassis came in today. Cant wait to check it out this afternoon, after my dot physical smh.

I was thinkin more about the laydown mount too. Thanks for the heads up. Kinda like the idea of how u done yours with the winch mount. So hopefully this week i can get servo mount n croos braces ordered
Old 05-17-2021, 11:25 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

My vfd Gspeed got my 5th in class 2 at a local comp yesterday...

Lou
Old 05-17-2021, 01:42 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:

Lou
Great job lou!
Old 05-17-2021, 06:14 PM   #54
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Well, according to my email, my chassis came in today. Cant wait to check it out this afternoon, after my dot physical smh.

I was thinkin more about the laydown mount too. Thanks for the heads up. Kinda like the idea of how u done yours with the winch mount. So hopefully this week i can get servo mount n croos braces ordered
Sweet! Hopefully it shows up today! I'm always impressed out how fast Gabe at GSpeed gets our orders shipped out! I was shocked to see my latest order showed up today. I picked up another G10 chassis rails and clear braces. I couldn't pass up the 30% off deal!

I really wanted to use the dual servo mount so that the winch and servo was side-by-side, but it just wasn't going to work out. I do like the CF winch mounts they provide. Fits great on the rails! I just need to get a tube ran for the winch line now.

Quote:

Lou
Congrats Lou!
Old 05-17-2021, 07:41 PM   #55
RCC Addict

It came in today. I almost bit the bullet on that 30% off deal. But i refrained lol. Maybe theyll have another deal soon
Old 05-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It came in today. I almost bit the bullet on that 30% off deal. But i refrained lol. Maybe theyll have another deal soon
I almost did the same...but, of I'm going to get it, I think I want the CF.

Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:37 AM   #57
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Nice! Let the fun begin!

I was too weak to refrain! Yeah, I bet he'll have another great deal sometime again this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I almost did the same...but, of I'm going to get it, I think I want the CF.

Yeah, the CF's are beautiful! That's the ones I would get. I picked up the G10's to have a spare set in case they are needed or maybe they'll end up in my Enduro.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:32 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Brian, i just had a thought brother. I was lookin back thru this thread on how n which skid u used for the vfd. U mentioned u wanted to used the spur cover but it wouldve set the trans back to far. What about notchin the cover where the servo mount would hit? U would atleast b able to cover the spur n pinion. When i was settin up the links for my vs4 with the trx4 axles, i had to notch the cover n clearance the motor mount just a tiny bit to clear the upper link. But still managed to keep the cover.

I think if u took it back to where the face of the cover angles back to the sides, it would b enuf to clear your servo mount. Wouldnt have to take alot out of it, so itd still b in one piece. Hope i made since with this lol. It sounds right in my mind...
Old 05-22-2021, 10:36 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Something like this?

Lou
Old 05-23-2021, 05:04 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Something like this?

Lou
Thats exactly what i was thinkin lou. That actually looks pretty good, bettdr than i had expected

Tags
gspeed, gspeed-lcg, origin, vs4-10, vs410

B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's VS4-10 Origin Limited B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 09-15-2023 06:18 AM
B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 81 02-10-2023 06:16 AM
Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited Build/Thoughts Issues rohrej Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 131 03-26-2021 08:09 AM
Topher pieces together a VFD VS4-10 Custom Topher Builds Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 60 10-29-2020 09:03 PM
Boldfin's VS4-10 with VFD Trans and TRX-4 Axles boldfin Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 63 09-11-2020 08:53 AM