Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2021, 08:32 AM   #81
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build

Really nice build B! Its a tight and clean package, you fit it all in their nicely Should climb like a goat!
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2021, 11:16 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Sweeeeeeet !!!

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 02:15 PM   #83
Gold Star Baby!

Man this one turned out sweet! Love the scheme. Unique and clean. You did a great job putting this whole build together. Bravo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Thanks TB! I did have the mounts bolted to the shock towers at first, but that made it difficult to lower the body over the towers. Mounts bolted to the rails was an easy fix and will secure the body better!

I gotta say, these GSpeed body post mounts are great! So many ways to use these and I like that they have 2 mounting screws on them. I tried to use the KNK mounts in the past, but with only having 1 mounting screw, I couldn't keep them from twisting and moving around.

Quick question, have you had a chance to try out your new NSDRC servos? I have an RS800 V2 in my cart and haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm struggling to choose between this or the 3Bros G14!
The gspeed body post holders are nice, I prefer them over the knk as well. I had 3D printed a brace that would connect each body post on the knk but they still lean a bit.

I have been running the rs800v2 in both the gspeed and the Sherpa. I have another one going in the v1c1. It’s a great servo. They are very strong and quiet. Not quite as fast as the hh v3 but not slow by any means either. Working out very well for me thus far
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 03:38 PM   #84
RCC Addict

That looks awesome brian! Like how the fish net design turned out. Cant wait to see it out on the trail
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #85
Pebble Pounder

looks sweet brian how did you do your winch cable routing
Neilo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 06:14 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Oh my goodness that paint is sick AF! Great job bro!

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 06:17 PM   #87
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Really nice build B! Its a tight and clean package, you fit it all in their nicely Should climb like a goat!
Thanks smog! Yeah, this build is coming together better than I expected! It all does fit really nice in these chassis rails!

Looking forward to seeing your future G-rig build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Sweeeeeeet !!!

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Thaaaannkkks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Man this one turned out sweet! Love the scheme. Unique and clean. You did a great job putting this whole build together. Bravo.

The gspeed body post holders are nice, I prefer them over the knk as well. I had 3D printed a brace that would connect each body post on the knk but they still lean a bit.

I have been running the rs800v2 in both the gspeed and the Sherpa. I have another one going in the v1c1. It’s a great servo. They are very strong and quiet. Not quite as fast as the hh v3 but not slow by any means either. Working out very well for me thus far
Appreciate all the kind words and support TB!

Great to hear about the RS800v2 servo! This just arrived today:

Name:  IMG_6457.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  178.7 KB

I figured it was safe to order! I've heard great things about these servos! And seeing that you're a team driver now (congrats!), I'm thinking this will make for a mighty fine servo!

I'm good with it as long as it is strong and quiet. The speed I'm not really worried about. I'm sure it will be plenty fast for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
That looks awesome brian! Like how the fish net design turned out. Cant wait to see it out on the trail
Thanks bama! Yeah, I'm digging the fishnet look! This may become part of my paint schemes from here on out!

I've got a few more things I need to finish up and then it'll be time to rock and roll it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilo68 View Post
Thanks Neilo! Hey, good catch! I forgot to add them pics! I'll get them posted up here shortly!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 06:33 PM   #88
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Oh my goodness that paint is sick AF! Great job bro!

Lou
Hey thanks Lou! To be honest, I kinda just winged it! I knew what colors I wanted to use, but had a hell of a time trying to come up with a scheme! I think it will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilo68 View Post
So for the winch cable routing, I used a piece of 3/16" brake line tubing. Formed and fitted around the VFD trans and back to the winch servo. I used a rod end screwed and countersunk up thru the skid plate to attach it. I've got the front part zip tied for now. I'm going to try to make a 3D printed mount to attach it to the rails near the bumper.

After I mounted the painted body, I noticed that the bumper is sticking to far out past the body. My plan is to slide the bumper in up near the grill and possibly cut off the first hole on the chassis rails.

I'll also have to cut some length off of the winch tube so that it doesn't stick out past the bumper. While I have it off, I'm going to shot some black paint on it to cover up the green paint that is on it now.

Not sure yet what I will do about a fairlead. I may braze in one while I have the bumper off.

Name:  IMG_6449.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  180.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6450.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  163.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6451.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  178.0 KB
Old 06-03-2021, 06:16 AM   #89
Go Buckeyes!

I wanted to try out a different servo that I normally run. I decided to pick up the NSDRC RS800 v2 servo. I've been seeing and hearing great things about it and thought it was time to give it a shot.

Got it installed and hooked up. This is a direct power servo, so I wired in the provided connector into my ESC battery plug. Also covered the wiring with a piece of wire loom and heat shrink to cover up the wires. Servo is quiet and has more than enough speed and torque.

Name:  IMG_6457.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  178.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6460.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  167.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6461.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  181.1 KB
Old 06-05-2021, 08:58 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Excellent build. Just found the total weight in your post. This really has my interest.

s

Last edited by SteveB1; 06-06-2021 at 03:56 PM.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:04 AM   #91
RCC Addict

Man thats lookin good brian! Got a tgh fmm in the mail this mornin. Idk if thats the route i wanna go though. Still debatin on doin like u did n use an exsistin rig to build from. Wats your take on it? U glad u went that route, or wish youd kept the origin n bought wat u needed? Im on the fence about that. I love both my vs4s. Dont wanna regret using one for another build if u know wat i mean
Old 06-06-2021, 06:56 PM   #92
Gold Star Baby!

Very clean wiring and the rs800v2 looks great there.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:46 AM   #93
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
Excellent build. Just found the total weight in your post. This really has my interest.

s

Hey thanks! I still need to get a final weight with the body on and fully loaded. I am liking how the weight bias is using the VFD trans. It puts a lot of weight up front and low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2021, 04:54 AM   #94
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Man thats lookin good brian! Got a tgh fmm in the mail this mornin. Idk if thats the route i wanna go though. Still debatin on doin like u did n use an exsistin rig to build from. Wats your take on it? U glad u went that route, or wish youd kept the origin n bought wat u needed? Im on the fence about that. I love both my vs4s. Dont wanna regret using one for another build if u know wat i mean

Thanks bama! Glad to hear you were able to find a FMM.

I’m glad I decided to use my Origin. Since I have my fairly stock PRO, I didn’t think I needed two somewhat similar rigs. The D44 axles and VFD trans fits so good in these rails. I believe it’s gonna be a great rock climber and should have no problem going straight “To The Top”!

Old 06-07-2021, 04:57 AM   #95
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Very clean wiring and the rs800v2 looks great there.

Thanks TB! Love how this servo looks in there! It seems to have all the torque and speed that I was looking for!

Old 06-07-2021, 04:39 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Well, i ended up tearin down my first vs4 last nite lol. Pulled all that parts i needed from my scx10.2 n put in that chassis. Goina follow the leader n go with the vfd instead. Everywhere i look, everybodys out of the tgh transfer case. May hold onto that fmm for now
Old 07-01-2021, 04:42 PM   #97
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Well, i ended up tearin down my first vs4 last nite lol. Pulled all that parts i needed from my scx10.2 n put in that chassis. Goina follow the leader n go with the vfd instead. Everywhere i look, everybodys out of the tgh transfer case. May hold onto that fmm for now
Sorry bama, I missed your post!

Nice to hear you decided to use your VS4-10. I know it's tough to rob parts from them, but in the end it is totally worth it! Can't wait to see the progress you have made on it! You won't be disappointed in using the VFD. It fits in so well!

Good luck on finding anything TGH! They sell out in minutes if not seconds once they are posted for sale!
Old 07-02-2021, 03:58 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Sorry bama, I missed your post!

Nice to hear you decided to use your VS4-10. I know it's tough to rob parts from them, but in the end it is totally worth it! Can't wait to see the progress you have made on it! You won't be disappointed in using the VFD. It fits in so well!

Good luck on finding anything TGH! They sell out in minutes if not seconds once they are posted for sale!

I was a bit leary of snaggin parts, but glad i did. Its been sittin on the bench awaiting electronics positioning lol. Need to cut the motor wires n put new ends on them. Make sure everything is all good n tear it back down onr more time for final assym. Ive played around with the the nitro pro servo im goina use, its pretty quick, just hope its got the torque. Its says 550+oz @ 8.4v.

I posted some pic links in the gspeed pics only section. Havent started a thread on it yet though
Old 07-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #99
Pebble Pounder

I really like how this one turned out!
TBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #100
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I was a bit leary of snaggin parts, but glad i did. Its been sittin on the bench awaiting electronics positioning lol. Need to cut the motor wires n put new ends on them. Make sure everything is all good n tear it back down onr more time for final assym. Ive played around with the the nitro pro servo im goina use, its pretty quick, just hope its got the torque. Its says 550+oz @ 8.4v.

I posted some pic links in the gspeed pics only section. Havent started a thread on it yet though
Awesome! I'll hop on over there and check out the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuggy View Post
I really like how this one turned out!
Thanks TBuggy!

Tags
gspeed, gspeed-lcg, origin, vs4-10, vs410

B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's VS4-10 Origin Limited B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 09-15-2023 06:18 AM
B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 81 02-10-2023 06:16 AM
Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited Build/Thoughts Issues rohrej Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 131 03-26-2021 08:09 AM
Topher pieces together a VFD VS4-10 Custom Topher Builds Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 60 10-29-2020 09:03 PM
Boldfin's VS4-10 with VFD Trans and TRX-4 Axles boldfin Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 63 09-11-2020 08:53 AM