RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/624379-b-mows-gspeed-v1-c1-mojave-class-1-build.html)

B-MOW71 04-09-2021 09:39 AM

B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

2 Attachment(s)
New Class 1 build has arrived in the B-MOW RC Garage! I had planned on starting this build later this year, but decided to get a head start on getting the parts delivered to the garage.

To keep up with my obsession with the GSpeed custom rigs, I picked up the V1-C1 alum rail chassis kit. It comes with the rails, shock hoops, V1-C1 printed sliders and I chose the white delrin skid plate and the G-MP panhard mount. Also picked up the GSpeed square chassis spacers in clear and the G-LD laydown servo mount.

Besides the chassis and accessories, here is what I have so far:
- RC4WD Mojave II cab
- RC4WD Marlin Crawler pre-bobbed bed
- Axial AR45 portal axles (Take offs from my SCX10.3 JLU)

Parts and accessories that are planned and still needed:
- Body parts & pieces to finish the Mojave II body
- Incision driveshafts
- Dravtech short shocks (was going to use the Traxxas 2660 big bores, but
they are unavailable everywhere)
- Transmission still undecided
- Electronics still undecided
- Wheels and tires still undecided
- Misc. items still undecided

There is still more I need to get planned out for this build, so I'll be taking this build slow and steady. Hopefully have a functional rig by this fall.

Here are a couple garage pics of the chassis and body.

Attachment 394807

Attachment 394808

indybama 04-09-2021 03:58 PM

Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Nice start u got there brian. What truck do those traxxas shocks come on? Ive got some traxxas shocks layin around here. If i got the right ones youre lookin for, i can help a brother out...

twade984 04-09-2021 09:45 PM

Man that’s a lot of projects to juggle, can’t wait to see more. I’ve been pretty intrigued by all the TGH/G-speed stuff lately. Thanks for sharing.

ScaleLifeNewbie 04-09-2021 10:52 PM

This is gonna be a cool build....I can feel it [emoji16]

79 F150 SCX10 ii
TRXWalker

TK421 04-10-2021 09:37 AM

Delicious...

Lou

B-MOW71 04-10-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 6076860)
Nice start u got there brian. What truck do those traxxas shocks come on? Ive got some traxxas shocks layin around here. If i got the right ones youre lookin for, i can help a brother out...

Thanks bama!"thumbsup" You know, I've never actually looked up which Traxxas models these shocks go on. So after going to their website it looks like they go on many of their models. But some if not all of the models use the plastic body versions of these, for example the Slash. All of my Slash's came with plastic bodies. So these aluminum body 2660's must be an upgrade to the stock shocks that are supplied with their RTR's. Not sure, just guessing!

Thank you, I appreciate the offer bama, but I just put my order in for a set of Dravtech shocks. After doing some research, it looks like it is cheaper to buy the Dravtech's than it is to piece together a set of 4 Traxxas 2660 shocks. And I've been extremely happy with my other set of Dravtech's that I have on my other G-rig!

Quote:

Originally Posted by twade984 (Post 6076893)
Man that’s a lot of projects to juggle, can’t wait to see more. I’ve been pretty intrigued by all the TGH/G-speed stuff lately. Thanks for sharing.

It sure is twade! I don't normally have this many rigs on the bench at one time! But, these G-Speed rigs is like taking drugs! Very addicting and I can't seem to get enough of them!

I've always wanted to build a nice capable Class 1 rig and love the looks of the ones that I've seen on the social! This may be my last G-rig for awhile until I get these completed.

Thank for taking a look!"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie (Post 6076901)
This is gonna be a cool build....I can feel it [emoji16]

79 F150 SCX10 ii
TRXWalker

I sure hope so! Thanks for taking a peek!"thumbsup"

B-MOW71 04-10-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK421 (Post 6076951)
Delicious...

Lou

Yes sir, yummy for sure!:ror:

B-MOW71 04-11-2021 02:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Another piece of the fun arrived yesterday. These are the GSpeed V1-C1 hard body mount sliders. They were out-of-stock when I ordered the chassis, but the very next day when I checked they were back in stock.

These sliders were designed to mount the TF2 Mojave II body. They use the same technique to hold the body on as the factory TF2 slider mounts. There are holes along the edge of the slider to install long grub screws to hold the body in place.

Attachment 394833

Attachment 394834

Battleborn7 04-13-2021 09:47 PM

Looks like another awesome build! The building addiction is real, I’m looking into getting a g-speed chassis kit as well. Lol gotta finish my vs410 chassis first

B-MOW71 04-15-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battleborn7 (Post 6077276)
Looks like another awesome build! The building addiction is real, I’m looking into getting a g-speed chassis kit as well. Lol gotta finish my vs410 chassis first

Hey thanks!"thumbsup"

Oh yeah, it's real alright!:ror: It's one of my favorite addictions!

The GSpeed chassis would be a great choice for a future build. Hopefully we'll see on in your shop soon!;-)

B-MOW71 04-18-2021 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put an order in for a set of Intheworks stainless steel links and a set of Dravtech shocks from DLux Fab. Should have both here within the next couple weeks depending on USPS. Hoping to get the chassis mocked up once they get here.

I forgot to add the pic showing the axles on my previous post. I'll be using the AR45 portal axles that I took off of my SCX10.3 JLU. These axles got replaced with a set of the new Axial straight axles. These AR45's are still fairly new and in great condition. They only saw about one battery pack of use when they were on the JLU.

These axles are still stock with stock gearing. I did add the Bowhouse RC aluminum panhard mount and a set of Samix 6mm brass hubs when they were on the JLU.

Attachment 394937

Topher Builds 04-22-2021 04:19 PM

Looking great BMow! Did you decide on which transmission to run?

B-MOW71 04-22-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6078206)
Looking great BMow! Did you decide on which transmission to run?

Thanks TB!"thumbsup"

I'm still trying to decide which will be the best route to take on the trans. I've thought about the TGH FMM for the V1-C1 or the TGH T-210. Then thought maybe I'd go with the TGH 2.Low. Seeing how none of these are in stock, I'm kinda in a standstill! I'm sure once they do become available, they all will be bought within seconds of them being posted since everybody is dying to get their hands on these!

So my other thought was to get another VP VFD trans and stick in it. I'm super happy with how my GSpeeed/Origin VFD build is looking with that trans in it. The weight is balanced better than I expected it to be!

Topher Builds 04-22-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-MOW71 (Post 6078210)
Thanks TB!"thumbsup"

I'm still trying to decide which will be the best route to take on the trans. I've thought about the TGH FMM for the V1-C1 or the TGH T-210. Then thought maybe I'd go with the TGH 2.Low. Seeing how none of these are in stock, I'm kinda in a standstill! I'm sure once they do become available, they all will be bought within seconds of them being posted since everybody is dying to get their hands on these!

So my other thought was to get another VP VFD trans and stick in it. I'm super happy with how my GSpeeed/Origin VFD build is looking with that trans in it. The weight is balanced better than I expected it to be!

From what I heard they supposedly have hundreds of 2.lows coming in. I’m not sure how long that will last but I’m hoping I can snag a couple.

I believe I also saw that the FMM shouldn’t be too far after the 2.low, no idea on the 210 but it is shmexy.

I’ll be watching what you do and a VFD sounds like a hoot as well.

B-MOW71 04-22-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6078214)
From what I heard they supposedly have hundreds of 2.lows coming in. I’m not sure how long that will last but I’m hoping I can snag a couple.

I believe I also saw that the FMM shouldn’t be too far after the 2.low, no idea on the 210 but it is shmexy.

I’ll be watching what you do and a VFD sounds like a hoot as well.

That's good news on the 2.lows. Hopefully I'm quick enough to get one! It would be nice to have one on hand in case it's ever needed.

From what I've been reading and if I understand it correctly, It sounds like a 30% overdrive will be needed to run the AR45 portals and a little help from portal gearing to get the correct ratio needed. So I'm thinking the 2.low or 210 will better suit this build. I believe the FMM has a max of 15% and I can get 21% out of the VFD. Ugh! Tough, expensive decisions to make!:roll:

Topher Builds 04-22-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-MOW71 (Post 6078220)
That's good news on the 2.lows. Hopefully I'm quick enough to get one! It would be nice to have one on hand in case it's ever needed.

From what I've been reading and if I understand it correctly, It sounds like a 30% overdrive will be needed to run the AR45 portals and a little help from portal gearing to get the correct ratio needed. So I'm thinking the 2.low or 210 will better suit this build. I believe the FMM has a max of 15% and I can get 21% out of the VFD. Ugh! Tough, expensive decisions to make!:roll:

Not to make it any harder for you, but you can order the tgh FMM and their creeper t case separately, the latter has the 30% OD in it. If I’m not mistaken the creeper t and the t case with the FMM combo are basically the same t case just different gearing.

Since I already have the FMM with the 15% OD that I’m stealing out of the gspeed v3 im going to use portal OD gears on my v1c1 to get closer to 30%+, otherwise I’d be trying for the creeper T me thinks.

B-MOW71 04-22-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6078225)
Not to make it any harder for you, but you can order the tgh FMM and their creeper t case separately, the latter has the 30% OD in it. If I’m not mistaken the creeper t and the t case with the FMM combo are basically the same t case just different gearing.

Since I already have the FMM with the 15% OD that I’m stealing out of the gspeed v3 im going to use portal OD gears on my v1c1 to get closer to 30%+, otherwise I’d be trying for the creeper T me thinks.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the Creeper-T! That would be a good option to use with the FMM. It is a little more dollars, but would get me the 30%.

I'll be interested in hearing how your FMM 15% with OD gears turns out. That sounds like an easier path to achieve the ratio if it works out.

This is my first time dealing with axle and trans ratios, so my head is really starting to spin!:ror: Adding in the extra portal gears to the mix isn't helping either!:cry: I'm going to have to spend a little more time studying this to try to understand it better!

Thanks for the input TB! Appreciate it! I'll eventually figure something out! I'm dying to get this C1 build done and get it out on the rocks!:)

B-MOW71 04-23-2021 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mail delivery yesterday. The Dravtech shocks from DLux Fab have arrived. I wasn't sure which color to go with, so I decided to try out the gun metal. These should look good with any color I decided to paint the body.

Shocks went together very smooth. These are one of the easiest shocks to build. If you follow Eric's instructions in his assembly video, then you'll end up with a leak free, air bubble free and super smooth set of shocks. I decided to go with 40wt shock fluid for now. I'm going to use the soft pink springs in the front and the red medium springs in the rear. I also added a 4mm spacer on the shock shaft inside the shock to shorten them to about 90mm. The spacer is also needed to keep the piston from bottoming out in the shock so it provides a smooth motion when the shock is cycled.

Depending on how high the ride height is once I get the axles and shocks installed, I may pick up a set of the offset caps to shorten these a little more to lower the COG.

Attachment 395047

TK421 04-23-2021 11:53 AM

I LOVE my dravtechs, I need like, 3 more sets lol...

Lou

TK421 04-23-2021 11:54 AM

I LOVE my dravtechs, I need like, 3 more sets lol...

Lou