Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Indys c1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2022, 06:57 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Indys c1

Yep, good to see an update in this. I think the f10’s are going to be a sweet axle for this chassis. Can’t wait to see it come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2022, 03:25 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Yep, good to see an update in this. I think the f10’s are going to be a sweet axle for this chassis. Can’t wait to see it come together.

I cant either! Goina get started pullin links in a bit n atleast get a roller started. Still not sure how im goina do the interior yet. Hat to hack up the floor pan, butbit just wont fit over the vfd otherwise. Hopefully wont need to take alot out of it, but we'll see
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 04:48 PM   #23
RCC Addict

As promised, heres another update for yall. I ended up snaggin the links from the vstrx4. Had to find another front upper link, but no big deal. I love how smooth these gspeed chassis go together. Already started gainin points too lol, snagged the metal sliders n the vs4 plastic slider trays from the vstrx4.

I had to cut the floor of the cab, mainly the center console. But i cut just enuf to fit snug around the vfd. Ill b able to use the shift style top plate for the vfd, which i think is pretty cool.

I did have to hack the inner fenders a bit too, but they fit rather well. I didnt get any pics of before n after of the fenders. But when i get to the electronics, yall will see i cut quite a bit.

I was in hopes of bein able to use the front bumper as a body mount, but it pulls the front doen to much. So ill have to figure out a bracket. The front bumper sits perfectly on top of the chassis rails. Also have to figure out how im goina mount the cab yet too. Got a pretty good idea in mind. Ill get to the bed later on this week or over the weekend.

Ive got to get a new set of tires, thinkin the PL km3. The SSD 5 slots look good with the body imo, but would like a set of VP 105s. As for electronics, thinkin maybe another mamba x n the slate 2850kv, or maybe a HH pp 2700kv... Id love to find a good deal on another HH shv500v3 servo.

More updates as parts come in. Thanks for lookin yall! Now on with pics...

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2022, 08:21 PM   #24
Go Buckeyes!

Making some good progress! Great choice on the body. There is something about this body that just looks cool and I’ve always thought about picking one up someday. Can’t wait to see it painted!

Good luck on the Incision shocks. I’ve had 2 sets of them now that came with my Origin and PRO and had a hell of a time getting them to hold oil. Replaced them with Traxxas GTS shocks. Just recently I pulled the Incisions out of the spare parts bin to try on another build. This time I did get them to be leak free and they’re pretty smooth too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:48 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Making some good progress! Great choice on the body. There is something about this body that just looks cool and I’ve always thought about picking one up someday. Can’t wait to see it painted!

Good luck on the Incision shocks. I’ve had 2 sets of them now that came with my Origin and PRO and had a hell of a time getting them to hold oil. Replaced them with Traxxas GTS shocks. Just recently I pulled the Incisions out of the spare parts bin to try on another build. This time I did get them to be leak free and they’re pretty smooth too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks brian! I really like this body as well. Really didnt wanna buy the whole kit just to get it, but sometimes we gotta do wat we gotta do lol. I was lookin at it last night thinkin of how to lay down some paint lines. Was kinda thinkin of the old square body 2 tone, but bodylines arent there for that. Maybe a ford 2 tone design?

Still have to get the body mounted to the chassis. Hopefully it wont be to long n ill have the bed mocked up. Got a feelin im goina have to cut the batt tray from tge bed, think its goina b in the way of the upper links. But ive got a wooden crate (granted its plastic...) I could mount at the front of the bed for the batt to go. Ill have to run a micro servo winch somewhere towards the back or get a bumper made for a realistic lookin winch. The only place the esc will fit is beside the steering servo.

Im hopeful these incisions shocks dont leak. But if they do, ive got a set of gts on the donor rig. I kinda like how it sits low with the 80mm, but if need be, the 90mm will have to do
Old 02-28-2022, 06:29 AM   #26
Go Buckeyes!

Nice, sounds like a good idea on the paint.

I found on my Incision's that the leak was coming from an inner o-ring that is in a cartridge that unscrews out of the bottom of the shock body. I had no idea there were o-rings in there. I green slimed them and gently put them back in and knock-on-wood, no leaks so far.

My normal goto shock is the GTS and recently I've been loving the Enduro shocks. But now after having the S8E shocks on the Phoenix and seeing how smooth they are, I may pick up another set for my next build.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:33 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Looking good young man!!! Looks as though you are taking your time and planning everything out.
Since I quit building axles I just don't have the money to spend like I use to or I would consider another build like this.

Keep us posted on the twins!!!!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:49 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Thanks for the heads up brian, ill keep an eye on them. I love the gts shocks. They stick wen u first use them after sittin awhile, but are smooth after that. Havent got to run the s8e shocks yet, but they seem to b pretty smooth as well. I did order the gmade rsd shock collars for mine, so much nicer. Havent had a chance to try out the element shocks yet.

Thank u mr ernie, much appreciated! Im tryin to take my time n do it right. Have u checked out "the bama phoenix" build yet? Gspeed v3 blue cf chassis using the phoenix kit. Still have to get it painted yet. Cant wait to run it!

I loved that axle u built for me. It worked great, but i think i got it bound up a few to many times. Ended up wollarin the screw holes where the tubes went into the chunk. Never could get them to hold tight afterwards.

Ill keep yall updated on the twins. Cant wait til they get here!
Old 03-03-2022, 09:47 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Thanks for the heads up brian, ill keep an eye on them. I love the gts shocks. They stick wen u first use them after sittin awhile, but are smooth after that. Havent got to run the s8e shocks yet, but they seem to b pretty smooth as well. I did order the gmade rsd shock collars for mine, so much nicer. Havent had a chance to try out the element shocks yet.

Thank u mr ernie, much appreciated! Im tryin to take my time n do it right. Have u checked out "the bama phoenix" build yet? Gspeed v3 blue cf chassis using the phoenix kit. Still have to get it painted yet. Cant wait to run it!

I loved that axle u built for me. It worked great, but i think i got it bound up a few to many times. Ended up wollarin the screw holes where the tubes went into the chunk. Never could get them to hold tight afterwards.

Ill keep yall updated on the twins. Cant wait til they get here!
If you send them back to me I'll see if I can fix them for you.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 02:19 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
If you send them back to me I'll see if I can fix them for you.
Ernie
Really? Sweet! Ill try n get them in the mail sometime next week. I got that HH servo yesterday, much appreciated good sir!
Old 03-08-2022, 04:32 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Evenin everybody, got a small update. Been workin on the body the past few days n have it pretty well lined out.

First off, i had to do some axle swappin. The f10s were to wide to get the tires tucked under the body enuf to pass c1 rules. So i swapped them with the VP pro rear and the ssd pro44 offset front from my c2 rig. Now the tires sit nicely under the fenders enuf to pass.

After i chopped the center out of the floor to clear the vfd trans, i got a trans tunnel made. Its a bit wonkey, but its there lol. Didnt have any styrene, so had to get creative with wat i have.

I got the bed cut for the shock towers, kickin my butt for the mess up smh. I shouldve done the towers first, then cut for the shocks. Instead, i marked n cut for the base of the towers n shocks, not thinkin the inner fenders would cover quite a bit ore than i needed to cut. But this was the first bed ive modded to fit like this. Live n learn i guess...

Ive managed to get some paint layed on the body the past few mornings. Definantly need to get some fine grit n wet sand it. Theres a few runs, which arent bad, but noticable. Not to mention it looks like either dirt or a few tiny bubbles popped here n there. Im goin for a 2 tone kinda like the old fords had. So this is just the first of a few steps.

Im goina go for a poll answer here, so i need yalls help. I ask our good buddy twade this mornin for his thoughts on which shade. So im askin yall... Which shade of the darker brown should i go with? It kinda hard to decide, theyd both go good with the lighter color. N the front n back bumpers will b painted to match the darker color. Wat about the grille? Should i color match with the lighter color? Or got for the brushed look?

Thanks in advance for all the input fellars!

Oh, also picked up some SSD hubs with rotors n the scale hardware for them. Ive got a set of bronze VP bully wheels comin from our other good buddy fricker for this build. Still need to decide on tires. Use the voodoo klr m/t in the pic or get the km3s?

Old 03-09-2022, 06:49 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Lookin good my man. I’d go with the darker brown

Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I agree with Bananaclip, darker brown for the top.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:24 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Thanks travis! Been tryin to take my time n do this one right.

Appreciate it lashlee! Thats 3 votes for the darker shade. May see some progress on paint next week if it warms up
Old 03-09-2022, 02:27 PM   #35
Slow is the new Fast

Coming along nicely Bama. The grill on that Demon body has always caught my eye. I think I like the shape of it. It also reminds me of the old Datsun pickups, though I can't say for how strong the resemblance actually is.

The F10's are such a nice axle. I think you are onto it with the idea of some PL KM3's. Good tires that I think will suit the truck.

The two tone brown will match your shit-kickers
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:09 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Cool unique body choice! I’m starting to like the non licensed bodies on the market. I thought for sure I’d change the body on my TRX4 Sport, but once I painted it and set it on the chassis I liked it.

Can’t wait to see this body all painted up and assembled.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:22 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Thanks smog! I like the look of it as well, the grille reminds me of the old wagoneer. I wanted to use the f10s, but theyre just a bit to wide. Really leanin towards the km3s.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:27 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Sln, im with u on the bodies. Everybody runs jeeps n yotas, i wanted somethin different. Only bad part of this body, u have to buy the whole kit just to get it. But it feels like really good quality plastic.

Its been 70s durin the day n 50s at night. Now theyre callin for daggum snow for fri smh. I was in hopes that winter weather was gone. So it may be a week or so before i can lay some more paint. Ive got an idea for a batt box n a way to hide the shock towers, but more on that to come
Old 03-13-2022, 04:18 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Got some paint done today. Had an issue in one spot with the darker brown. So i got it sanded down, just have to retape n try again. Im really likin the darker brown, thanks for yall opinion on that!

Before yall ask lol, yes, i painted in the house. No worries, the wife n kids were at the inlaws. Ive got majority of the body put together, other than repaintin the front fender.

Ive got parts on order to hopefully get this rig goin. I got a nice set of bronze VP 1.9 bully wheels from our good buddy fricker, much appreciated brother! Have a copperhead10 in the crawler edition flavor ordered, white case. Snagged a set of PL bfg km3s to wrap those sweet lookin wheels. For foams, im goina try out the powerhobby dual stage for the 3.85-4.19 tires.

I need a batt box for this truck n ive had an idea. Ive looked online for somethin that would work, but looks like ill have more luck buildin one. So ive gotta order some popcicle sticks lol. Goina make a wooden crate batt box. Maybe even a couple to cover the shock towers as well. But more on that later on.

The body has a light kit that came with it. So ive got it all installed in the buckets. Head, tail, marker n dash lights.

Thats about all i have at the moment, but heres some pics of progress.

One more thing though... With or without mudflaps? I cant decide...

Old 03-13-2022, 05:22 PM   #40
RCC Addict

The detail on the interior looks killer. This things coming together nice man!

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Indys c1 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indys VS4-10 indybama Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 03-31-2020 04:50 PM
Indys Wrekluse nmanuel01 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 02-22-2009 10:40 AM