The browns looks amazing together! I can’t wait to see this thing on all 4’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Default Indys c1

I agree, looks great!

I like the mudflaps personally. I think they match the rest of the style well.

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 06:55 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Default Re: Indys c1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
The detail on the interior looks killer. This things coming together nice man!

Thank u brother! I like it. Was goina paint the inside of the bezel black, but thought a brushed look would stand out more. Although i did leave the seats n floor black. Still have to paint the engine bay yet
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 07:00 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Thanks travis! I cant wait either. I was goin for a ford courior or chevy luv look, but its got more of a yota look to me. Animalhippie said it reminds him of the jeep comanche pickups lol

Thanks SLN, appreciate it! I was a bit leary of the darker brown, but it turned out good. Glad yall picked that shade now. I kinda like the mud flaps, just worried theyll catch everything. May put them on anyway, its just 3 screws holdin them on.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:16 PM   #45
Go Buckeyes!

You knocked that one out of the park bama!! Looks awesome!

Like I said before, I really like this body. Love the shape and the looks of it. I gotta get one someday!

I soon as I saw it, it reminded my of my 1984 GMC S-15 I had back in the late 80's. I had the same two-tone color painted on mine!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 10:11 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Is this an old Toyota body or intended to be? Reminds me of the old yota or an old Datsun. Rad regardless.

Old 03-14-2022, 03:52 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
Is this an old Toyota body or intended to be? Reminds me of the old yota or an old Datsun. Rad regardless.

Not exactly sure lol. The bed reminds me of the old yotas with the hooks on the bed. But the grille has an old wagoneer look to it. I guess all the brands had a big orgy n this was the love child lmbo

Heres a couple pics of the lights...

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2022, 05:57 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

If you do use the mud flaps, I would try to "weather" the one where the exhaust pipe would exit! My '84 Yota would cook the white paint and make it fade the writing on the OEM flaps I had on my 1:1. After seeing mine do it, I would look at all of other trucks running around and they were all the same.

You're amazing at detailing that interior, I'm super jealous!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:19 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

1973 toyota sir.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:32 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Thanks lashlee! Never thought about the exhaust killin the mudflap, good call! Appreciate the kind words. I took my time n made sure the tape was pushed down around all the edges n carefully cut the tape where it needed. Thus is the first one thats come out fairly decent. I used to build models in my teens, n some where pretty detailed. I mean down to fuel n brake lines, plug wires, all that. Theyre all in storage at my moms, 500 mi north of me

Thats the one travis! I was lookin at picks of the old yotas n datsun pickups, even some chevy luvs. That one in your pic looks almost identical to the body i just done. Kinda wish id seen that before i painted lol. It may have been yellow instead
Old 03-14-2022, 08:00 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Hey a yellow exterior would look good with that brown interior. Time for a re-title C1 73 Yota.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:03 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Oh and VP made those wheels in clear btw. Just messin my brother. But that would be a rad truck to recreate. Fits the bill. Low and nasty. Never to late when inspiration strikes.

Old 03-14-2022, 05:31 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
Oh and VP made those wheels in clear btw. Just messin my brother. But that would be a rad truck to recreate. Fits the bill. Low and nasty. Never to late when inspiration strikes.

Makes me wanna pick up another demon kit just for the body lol. Would be a cool recreate of that one. Thunk my next build is goina be a g-shot with the creep cab only body, purple cf chassis rails. Depending on how that new CC micro x does, may snag one of them n a revolver. Not sure on the trans yet. Love the vfd though!
Old 03-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Yes sir it would be cool. I tried the comp style builds. I did up a carbon g speed base. Yes it was cool but definitely not my vibe. Took me all the way back to my TLT days. Those things are straight up comp rigs. I tried but I’d rather chase cool lines in a detailed full on scale rig. But best of luck in your next venture. You might just love the thing.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:49 PM   #55
RCC Addict

This build is on the gspeed v1c1 chassis n my c2 is a cf v3 chassis with vfd, c3 is on the blue cf v3 chassis with the phoenix kit. Love how the gspeed chassis handle. Im more of a trail kinda guy, but i wanna give a comp style rig a try. If i dont like it, ill build it into somethin different. I cant wait to go run the phoenix build n this one. Cheaha state park is a pretty good place to hit some lines
Old 03-18-2022, 09:58 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Well, ive got good news n bad fellars, but im tryin to fix the bad. Ticks me off in all reality. So lets start with the good news i suppose.

The PL km3s n the powerhobby dual stage foams showed up yesterday. The PH foams, even though they say soft, feel a bit hard to me. So i opted to use the stock PL foams for now, ill pick up some CI lil novas or some dueces wild (i think those are the single stage foams) a lil later on. The km3s mounted up nicely on the VP bully wheels.

Also got some popcicle sticks (or tongue depressors) in the other day for a little project. Believe im goina build a crate style batt box for in the bed. Ive been lookin online for mini hinges for it n scored pretty good i think. Theyre about $5+ dependin where u look, i just so happened to find some at a jobsite layin on the ground. So ill get started on buildin it probably later today.

Also got the CC copperhead10 special edition in this week as well. Ive heard alot of people havin issues with cuttin out n others have no issues at all. So figured id give one a try in this rig. Workin on gettin all the electronics lined out. Ill get pics of it posted up here soon.

Now on to the bad part... Well, its a bit good, but bad at the same time. Im kickin tail for not leavin well enuf alone. The good part of the bad is, i got the body painted n i really like how it turned out. But, i decided to put a coat of clear on it, BIG mistake! The paint bubbled up badly, but it wasnt all over the whole body, just here n there. Ive been sandin n tryin to smooth it out. Hopefully i can get it fixed soon. If not, itll be covered with a roof rack for the most part.

On a side note, ive got a driver n a passenger on the way. Still need to get a servo winch n figure out where to mount it. More updates comin soon, thanks for checkin things out!

Heres a pic with the body just sittin on the chassis

Old 03-18-2022, 10:35 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Man that is a bummer about the paint.. definitely one of the more frustrating parts of this hobby. I’m about to paint my first hardbody soon and I’m nervous to say the least.
The side profile pic looks killer though, I’m sure you’ll get it all squared away.

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 01:02 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Thanks fricker! Hardbody isnt to bad to paint. I lay the light color first, where as a lexan u do the dark color first. Where i made my mistake was using polycarb clear on rustoleum paint. But i dont get why it only done it in select places. It wasnt a consistent bubble of the paint across the whole body. But ive been sandin on it n i think ive got it worked out. Goina lay somemore paint n wet sand again, think thatll get rid of the bad spot. Hopefully be able to start puttin the body together soon
Old 03-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

That sucks about the paint.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my Copperhead in my Phoenix has done really well. No cutting off or anything.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 06:09 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Well, i was able to somewhat fix the paint. Its hard to see where it was messed up, but it looks better than it did. I sanded it as smooth as i could with wat sand paper ive got, then sprayed it again. Done that 2 or 3 times n got it where im happy with it. Its goina b covered with a roof rack anyway.

Got to work on the crate/batt box yesterday n finished it up this mornin. I was goina use the mini hinges i found, but there wasnt goina be enough room for screws on both sides of the hinges. So i decided to go a different route to hold the lid on. The bottom section kinda looks like a pallet, which runs up under the batt box part. I attached it to the original batt cover in floor of the bed. It has to b remover to access the bed hardware anyway, so it worked out pretty good. The 2 smaller crates hide the shock hoops nicely. They look like theyve been tossed around a bit lol.

Im workin on gettin the doors glued in place, they dont open anyway. Im waitin on the driver n passenger to get here. Theyre on a long journey from NC, think theyre hoofin it this way now. Then i can get the interior put together. Really love the stance of this thing! Sits low, but has plenty of articulation.

Ive got to get an xt60 soldered on the esc n mounted. Barely goina be room to get all the wiring done under the engine cover. Think i can hide the rx under the interior. Cant wait to get this rig movin under its own power.

Heres some eye candy for now... The door is just sittin in there in the pic. Ive got it glued as im typin this...

Indys c1 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indys VS4-10 indybama Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 03-31-2020 04:50 PM
Indys Wrekluse nmanuel01 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 02-22-2009 10:40 AM