Notices

Thread: The bama phoenix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2021, 12:02 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: The bama phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Thanks goos3! I dont rightfully have room, but had to have this one lol. This thing is goin together so nicely. Cant wait to get it out on the trail/rocks

Can't wait to see it on the trail. Thought of a color yet? I think I will wait and grab the next new kit out, be it another 10.3 or 6.... Now to just not let the wife know about the plans. *I just saw where you were undecided on a color, I just sprayed some PL metallic copper today and it looks pretty snazzy just my .02.

Last edited by Goos3; 11-08-2021 at 12:05 AM.
Goos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2021, 01:08 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goos3 View Post
Can't wait to see it on the trail. Thought of a color yet? I think I will wait and grab the next new kit out, be it another 10.3 or 6.... Now to just not let the wife know about the plans. *I just saw where you were undecided on a color, I just sprayed some PL metallic copper today and it looks pretty snazzy just my .02.
Still havent decided yet. My main stickers/decals will fade from yellow to orange, n the wheels im goina use are blue with orange accents rings. So i dont think itd look good with purple, but theres alot of people goin blue. Cant do orange or yellow because of stickers. Ive thought about silver or gunmetal, but im sure there will b alot of those colors as well. My 10.2 is a copper color, but it was supposed to be a metallic red, i dont know how it came out how it did lol.
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 02:34 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Still havent decided yet. My main stickers/decals will fade from yellow to orange, n the wheels im goina use are blue with orange accents rings. So i dont think itd look good with purple, but theres alot of people goin blue. Cant do orange or yellow because of stickers. Ive thought about silver or gunmetal, but im sure there will b alot of those colors as well. My 10.2 is a copper color, but it was supposed to be a metallic red, i dont know how it came out how it did lol.
Could do a lightly blue tinted silver then?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2021, 07:19 AM   #24
Slow is the new Fast

You are humming along with 5e build, looks great. The shift boot mod is cool, I should likely give it a shot. Debris is the trans could get pretty nasty. I gather there is no resistance on the shift levers at all?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:36 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goos3 View Post
Could do a lightly blue tinted silver then?

Thunkin i may go ahead with purple. I was lookin at purple, blue ,yellow, n orange together n it dont look bad at all
Old 11-08-2021, 08:38 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
You are humming along with 5e build, looks great. The shift boot mod is cool, I should likely give it a shot. Debris is the trans could get pretty nasty. I gather there is no resistance on the shift levers at all?
It goin together faster than i planned lol. It doesnt seem to put any resistance to them at all. If there is, its minimal. I can shift mine easily by hand. Definantly a good mod to give a go. Better than gettin any debris in the trans n destroyin gears or bearings
Old 11-08-2021, 04:09 PM   #27
RCC Addict

I think im goina go ahead n stick with purple. I was lookin at colors mixed together n it looks good. So purple, blue, yellow, n orange.

Wat do yall think?

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

I mean, its your car. You're the one who has to look at it, not us.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:57 PM   #29
Slow is the new Fast

I like purple. Perhaps not all shades of purple, but purple is an under appreciated color.

It seems I have now painted so many bodies that it is getting difficult to come up with new color Ideas. I am using a shade of green I have never worked with before and quite enjoying the process. I may need to give purple a go one day.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:35 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Plum crazy is my fav shade, but i think itll b a bit to dark with the other colors. Maybe more a fusia, its still a darker shade, yet kinda brite too. If that makes sense lol.

If i could afford it, id send it to sootes n have it painted instead of doin sticker/decals
Old 11-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Plum crazy is my fav shade, but i think itll b a bit to dark with the other colors. Maybe more a fusia, its still a darker shade, yet kinda brite too. If that makes sense lol.

If i could afford it, id send it to sootes n have it painted instead of doin sticker/decals

If you have Instagram, maybe hit up Moosejaw. He has been turning out some killer paint jobs. he does most all paint for Harley these days and did one for Crawl for a Cure. Not sure what he charges though.
Sniper4370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:34 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
If you have Instagram, maybe hit up Moosejaw. He has been turning out some killer paint jobs. he does most all paint for Harley these days and did one for Crawl for a Cure. Not sure what he charges though.
I dont have fb, insta, or any of those social media apps. But i did think about moosejaw as well. Hes done some killer work on josh's bodies.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:45 AM   #33
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:

Medium and dark purples are nice. A faded purple always looks good for a old beach truck or patina. I just try to avoid the purples that some people might read as pink. I am not much into the pinks unless we are talking about women
Old 11-09-2021, 09:40 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Medium and dark purples are nice. A faded purple always looks good for a old beach truck or patina. I just try to avoid the purples that some people might read as pink. I am not much into the pinks unless we are talking about women
Totally agree smog! We'll see how this purple thing comes out lol
Old 11-09-2021, 04:13 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Just a small update today. I managed to get an order in at gspeed earlier. Went with the new colored cf v3 chassis in the blue flavor. So within the next week or so i can get started on a chassis for this beautiful rig. Only got the main parts i needed for now. Still have a few more chassis parts i need to get yet.

More updates soon
Old 11-10-2021, 06:14 AM   #36
Go Buckeyes!

Making nice progress bama!

Great job on the shifter boots! Looks like a big improvement over the stock setup. I'll be doing this to mine for sure!

Can't wait to see the blue GSpeed CF rails. Great choice! I love how the blue ones look!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Thanks brian! Cant wait til they get here. Ill definantly post up pics. The red really stands out in the pics on the gspeed site, the blue looks kinda suttle. Hope the shift boot idea works out for u as well.
Old 11-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Not much of an update. I did manage to get my VP hex tips in yesterday n a 20mm ssrvo horn. The tips of my skyrc ones were gettin pretty wore down. I did have to drill my handles out a bit to get the new bits in them.

Awhile back, bmow had a good idea for his v3 build. So think im goina follow suit on my phoenix v3. He made a motor skid/guard out of kydex, which looks pretty cool. I ordered a thin sheet from ebay awhile ago, it took forever for it to get here. Its been sittin on the shelf for months now lol. So hopefully when i get to that part of the build, i wont make it look like a hack job...

Thats all ive got for now. More comin soon, i hope...

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Making nice progress bama!

Great job on the shifter boots! Looks like a big improvement over the stock setup. I'll be doing this to mine for sure!

Can't wait to see the blue GSpeed CF rails. Great choice! I love how the blue ones look!
Hey brian, been workin on the kydex skid for the motor. I flipped thru your build thread but couldnt find any pics of how u done yours. On the section goin up to the motor, did u cut it even with the inside of the front link slots?

Got any pics of how u done it? Much appreciated for all the help brother!
Old 11-15-2021, 06:21 AM   #40
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Hey brian, been workin on the kydex skid for the motor. I flipped thru your build thread but couldnt find any pics of how u done yours. On the section goin up to the motor, did u cut it even with the inside of the front link slots?

Got any pics of how u done it? Much appreciated for all the help brother!
Hey bama! I can't remember what pics I posted, but here is what I have on my phone. If you need other shots of it let me know. I traced the skid onto the Kydex and then just trimmed it a tiny bit bigger so the links would clear.

Name:  IMG_6421 (2).jpg
Views: 556
Size:  179.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6424 (2).jpg
Views: 552
Size:  182.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6425 (2).jpg
Views: 597
Size:  178.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6426 (2).jpg
Views: 522
Size:  113.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6428 (2).jpg
Views: 577
Size:  109.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6429 (2).jpg
Views: 570
Size:  134.4 KB

Oh and nice VP hex tips! I really need to get a set of these!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote

The bama phoenix - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bama Projects JDIRCC Alabama 6 01-11-2015 07:29 AM
Southeast Bama smuggl1n Alabama 18 07-11-2013 09:05 PM
OK Bama Scalers hbj069 Alabama 6 05-18-2010 06:00 AM
Any Onroad in Bama? tanmonster Alabama 4 03-03-2010 07:19 AM