Sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank u good sir! Think ill take the both of them out for a bit tomorrow
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2022, 05:14 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Default Re: The bama phoenix

I was able to get this beauty out for a short run this mornin. Cant wait to put her to the paces at scale nats next weekend!

Watch "v3 phoenix" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/7aD3prqT0U0

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2022, 07:44 PM   #83
Go Buckeyes!

Looks great! I like the color match!

Nice vid showing off how smooth she runs. I think it will do great at scale nats!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 03:36 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Looks great! I like the color match!

Nice vid showing off how smooth she runs. I think it will do great at scale nats!
Thank u brother! Other than a few minor mishaps, im happy with the paint. The copper came out better than i expected it to.

I love the mamba x, theyre a great esc. Ive only had issues with one n cant figure out wat the problem is with it. Even tryed a different motor, sensor wire, checked updates n all that.

Cant wait til scale nats, its goina b soooo much fun! I doubt i do very well lol, but its all about enjoyin the experiance n meetin new people
Old 04-08-2022, 09:12 PM   #85
RCC Addict

The phoenix does great, other than its a bit light in the nose. I dont know if maybe its the body, or i just need more weight up front. Wanted to ask josh if they were possibly goina make aluminum chubs for the f10s, but theres was way to many people comin up to b able to talk much. For bein a portal rig, it sidehills as good, if not better, than a straight axle rig. Hit alot of nice lines today

Old 04-09-2022, 06:28 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Man that thing looks amazing in the sunlight grazing around. Congratulations! Let’s see some more pics from the event.

Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:39 AM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
Man that thing looks amazing in the sunlight grazing around. Congratulations! Let’s see some more pics from the event.

Im goina try n get more pics n vids today. Ill post them up in the scale nats thread for everybody to check out
Old 04-09-2022, 09:13 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Been wheelin with some local guys the past 2 days. Weve been pullin some sick lines! Yesterday the phoenix was just fallin all over itself, today it was like a total different rig. The first pic, i was at the verge of tippin over. U can see the front right is startin to unload pretty good.

Cant wait til tomorrow! I told matt n josh they need to go easy, so i atleast stand a slight chance lol. Got to pull a few lines with matt from SBG n moosejaw joe today too. Theyre both awesome to talk to! Glad i finally got the chance to meet them!

Old 04-10-2022, 09:05 AM   #89
Go Buckeyes!

Sounds like a good time! Nice pics too!

It's always fun to meet the guys you see on the YTube and see their rigs in person!
Old 04-11-2022, 04:28 AM   #90
RCC Addict

It was awesome brian! I hear alot of people sayin josh is a jerk, blah blah blah, but in person, hes nice as can be. I talkd to him for awhile. He looks younger in person than on yt, matt is definantly taller than u would expect lol. Shultz, well, hes just shultz lol, heck of a nice guy. Moosejaw seems just as layedback in person as on yt. Ben from scaler fab, hes pretty cool too. Nicole is a sweetheart, despite how she seems on fri night stream. Joe from exocaged is a heck of a nice guy too, hes taller in person than i expected
Old 04-11-2022, 10:17 AM   #91
Let me 3D Print that...

Hey, I recognize that purple Jeep. LOL Nice to meet you and crawl with you guys for a little bit at the event.
RexRacer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:23 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
Hey, I recognize that purple Jeep. LOL Nice to meet you and crawl with you guys for a little bit at the event.
Hey brother! Was nice to meet u too! That purple jeep sure looked sharp out there. We shouldve hit some more trails together.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #93
Let me 3D Print that...

Thanks man. Agreed. The weekend went by so fast, and I ended up having much less time to explore and play on the rocks than I thought.
RexRacer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 01:29 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Phoenix looks sharp on the rocks
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:41 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
Phoenix looks sharp on the rocks
Much appreciated Dpd! Fri it didnt do worth a flip, it kept wantin to roll of flip backwards. Sat, it was a total different truck. Point n shoot n she went like i wanted. Come sunday, failure... I put the dig from the ch6 knob to the ch3 2 pos button on my gt5. It got stuck in a neutral spot n the rear wouldnt grab for nuthin. Ended up timing out because of it. Went to course 1, ill b dipped, it started workin again. Ended up puttin it back on the knob where i knew it would work
Old 04-12-2022, 08:25 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Much appreciated Dpd! Fri it didnt do worth a flip, it kept wantin to roll of flip backwards. Sat, it was a total different truck. Point n shoot n she went like i wanted. Come sunday, failure... I put the dig from the ch6 knob to the ch3 2 pos button on my gt5. It got stuck in a neutral spot n the rear wouldnt grab for nuthin. Ended up timing out because of it. Went to course 1, ill b dipped, it started workin again. Ended up puttin it back on the knob where i knew it would work

That’s how I set my dig up, ch3, did you get your end points set correctly? I found it took more fiddling than i expected, have to apply throttle, turn the back wheels, etc to get it working good.

I watched all the exocaged videos and those courses looked damn difficult!

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:19 AM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
That’s how I set my dig up, ch3, did you get your end points set correctly? I found it took more fiddling than i expected, have to apply throttle, turn the back wheels, etc to get it working good.

I watched all the exocaged videos and those courses looked damn difficult!

I fiddled with it for quite awhile n seemed to have to n then it went stupid. I changed epa because it would go in, i hit the button n hit it again, n then itd need adjusted again. When it screwed me on the 2nd course, i said screw it n went back to the knob.

The courses were brutal. Some gates were harder than they shouldve been. 'Scale nationals' but they werent very scale gates. There werent near as many vendors as u would expect for that big of an event. But it was a great turnout though
Old 06-05-2022, 01:55 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Its been a minute since ive updated. Been busy with work, so not much crawlin for me. I did get out last weekend n went to cherokee rock village, where scale nats was held. Met up with some buddies n had a blast! The more i run the phoenix, the more it impresses me. But, the body is a bit heavy n she tends to wanna unload the front suspension.

So i figured it was time to make some changes. I picked up the PL cliffhanger body. It sits a bit lower than the phoenix, so im hoping it helps.

Stopped by walmart over this past weekend, needed to order my daughter a bday cake. Picked up some maskin tape n looked thru the color selection. Right off the bat one caught my eye, rustoleum color shift teal to purple. Ive got some tamiya ps55 flat clear to lay down first, then the color shift n back it with some dark gray. This thing is goina b purdy! Got the body mounted up, now to figure out a design for the paint.

Ill update as i go along

Old 06-06-2022, 09:10 AM   #99
Go Buckeyes!

Great choice on the Cliffhanger. Looks like it fits great on the chassis and over the front inner fenders.

Looking forward to seeing it painted!
Old 06-06-2022, 07:38 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Great choice on the Cliffhanger. Looks like it fits great on the chassis and over the front inner fenders.

Looking forward to seeing it painted!
Thanks brian! Ive about got it painted. It was goin sooooo good, then the black ran under the tape a bit. Hopefully i can get it cleaned up before i lay down the last color. She goina look soooo purdy!

Ill post up pics a lil later on 😉

The bama phoenix - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bama Projects JDIRCC Alabama 6 01-11-2015 07:29 AM
Southeast Bama smuggl1n Alabama 18 07-11-2013 09:05 PM
OK Bama Scalers hbj069 Alabama 6 05-18-2010 06:00 AM
Any Onroad in Bama? tanmonster Alabama 4 03-03-2010 07:19 AM