Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Jon's Baja Bug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2022, 01:16 PM   #21

Default Re: Jon's Baja Bug

Short video of the Spektrum Firm 2 in 1 in action - this thing is insanely fast, and yet it also still allows really good slow speed control.

JonHylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2022, 06:28 AM   #22

Default Re: Jon's Baja Bug

So I've been out with the Spektrum Firma 2 in 1 - 2300 Kv motor a few times now, and I have to say I like it. Other than the speed increase (about 28%) I haven't noticed any difference in how it works compared to the Fusion 1800.

I picked up an 11 tooth pinion gear to replace the stock 14 tooth, and the ratio between those is roughly 27%, so with that installed my Firma 2300 runs pretty much exactly the same as my old Fusion 1800.

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the 11 tooth while it was apart. One of the other positives about the Firma is my local hobby store (where I bought it) will handle any warranty claims directly - apparently with Hobbywing you need to deal directly with them, the LHS can't get involved.

I mounted the power switch for the Firma up high this time - 3D printed a new cover plate for my voltmeter (which sticks up in the back - you can see the battery voltage through the back window).

Hopefully this will help keep the motor running longer.

The voltmeter is a simple little voltage meter I got off Amazon, along with a 3D printed bracket/case for it. I connect it to the balance plug on the battery, and it gives me a nice real-time voltage level reading while I'm out on the trails.

JonHylands is offline   Reply With Quote

Jon's Baja Bug - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jon's SCX24 Rock Buggy JonHylands Micro Scale Rigs 26 03-30-2022 04:59 AM
Baja Bug 2.2 JCO245 Axial SCX-10 5 07-14-2013 01:58 PM