Notices

Thread: I could use some advice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2022, 08:11 AM   #21
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: I could use some advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
Best advice I can offer…….. Find a builder with a style you prefer. Normally the active guys on the site offer some nice builds. Read over their build threads. Find a build you really really like. Dive in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This^^^^^^^

Bananaclip's advice is how I started out. I followed many build threads here and learned a ton from the RCC veterans. And YouTube is your friend. I've spent many hours watching and doing research and taking notes. It all comes in handy when I'm planning my next build.

@P-Cubed, you can look through my build threads here on RCC if you want to see how I go about planning and building my rigs. Drop a question in the thread if you have one.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2022, 12:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
The VS4 chassis is legit. It can easily be built to ride low. I personally like the low ride height builds myself. This little Toyota is being built using the VP frame and VFD pro trans.

I’m a scale guy but I like my builds to work to. I prefer the box frame over the flat rails for rigidity and better scale appearance. Sounds to me like your making some moves in the right direction.

Best advice I can offer…….. Find a builder with a style you prefer. Normally the active guys on the site offer some nice builds. Read over their build threads. Find a build you really really like. Dive in.

That is a sweet build right there. I ordered the 410 chassis and vfd trans from another member. He included the links another set of shocks and a marlin hard body. I’m planning on throwing some 45 straights on. I’ll be looking for some composite driveshafts and an sw4. I’m going to put a nsdrc rs800 on it and hopefully have everything together soon. I have been going back through the build threads and I like most of them, with slight tweaks here and there. I’m also a member of cheater groups and am trying to pick up more from them also for the future of my build.
P-Cubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 12:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
This^^^^^^^

Bananaclip's advice is how I started out. I followed many build threads here and learned a ton from the RCC veterans. And YouTube is your friend. I've spent many hours watching and doing research and taking notes. It all comes in handy when I'm planning my next build.

@P-Cubed, you can look through my build threads here on RCC if you want to see how I go about planning and building my rigs. Drop a question in the thread if you have one.
I hear you and thanks. I’ve watched so many build videos and product demos that I hit a point where hearing whoever it was talking, voice started to give me a headache. Hahaha, it sucks because they’re so informative, so I decided to switch gears and jump into forums and class groups. I think my faves so far have been the draggers and cheaters. Not so much the ones where there is hardly any body left but the rigs that are like an inch maybe inch and a half from the ground but just walk right up and over anything. I’ve put orders in for most of my build and will be hopefully putting it together soon. Now I need to get on the body mod side of things and figure out how I’m going to pinch and dovetail.
P-Cubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 08:53 AM   #24

I built an lcg Sherpa chassis and then put a big hardbody on it and I’m honestly surprised by the amount of stability it has for being so big this thing stayed planted and went everywhere my buddies highly modded element ecto went and more

Benstewr32 is offline   Reply With Quote

I could use some advice. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need advice razorofpow Axial SCX-10 7 07-06-2014 08:18 PM
new to rc looking for advice PLEASE!!! newtorcguy Newbie General 0 11-26-2010 02:36 AM
I need some advice... NCrawler General Crawlers 5 08-16-2007 07:44 PM
WK Advice Doodoob Newbie General 12 08-02-2007 11:26 AM
Advice Nub-4-life Paint and Body 7 02-24-2007 07:41 AM