Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2022, 07:25 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

Looking good man! It was good to get and run some rigs.

The hot rod is definitely one of the cooler rigs I’ve seen, but for pure driving enjoyment I personally liked the 4ws truck and the gladiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2022, 11:57 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Surprisingly, I haven’t been working on much.. until this week. I was able to get some drive time in this weekend. Ran my gspeed v3 4ws for the last time because it’s getting swapped to a new chassis.
Got to run the ‘35 hot rod, and man that thing impressed me every time I drive it. Plus it just looks so damn cool.
Anyways, here’s some pics from the weekend and the new project

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 06:05 AM   #23
Go Buckeyes!

A lot of good stuff going on in the Fricker garage!

I drool a little every time see that '35 hot rod!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 08:11 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Good luck with the chassis swap on the 4ws. It’s already got a pretty mean looking stance!

Wish I would have made it up there Sunday

Old 08-15-2022, 06:44 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Sorry I haven’t posted much, I’m in the middle of packing getting ready to move back down to Southern California so things have been a little hectic to say the least. I sold [mention]twade984 [/mention] my work bench.. one less thing to move.. and there was a comp this last Sunday I’ve been planning on attending. So I was up late Saturday night working off the coffee table putting the finishing touches on the new distinctive pd truggy. Got the wheel base stretched out to 13.25 roughly to clear the 2.2’s
All in all I was happy with my performance yesterday, not sure where I’ll end up because my rigs are no where near maximum points. But I had a blast driving and even excelled on some lines that I didn’t think were possible in c3.
Had rough showing in c2, course one had more dnf’s than finisher’s. And course 2 I killed it until I clipped one of the last 3 gates. Not 100% but think I got the fastest lap on course 2.. of course that doesn’t mean much haha!

Old 08-16-2022, 10:31 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Looks to be a very capable creature. Perfect for the environment it’s in.

Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:19 PM   #27
RCC Addict

I haven’t been very active here lately, but I’ve been poking in almost every day. Things have been pretty hectic the last couple months. I’m officially relocated to California, back to work and have a kid on the way. But I managed to get some RC time in.
I pieced together a vs4-10 pro for my dad, and he gave the body an old stroppe theme paint job. I then robbed the mamba x combo out of his gspeed and reefs 555 servo. Installed all that into the pro and built a stealth X for his gspeed v3 and installed a Holmes crawlmaster mini v2 with 2040kv snubnose revolver and shift rc x2 servo all before heading out to proline by the fire. I did some slight maintenance on a couple of my rigs and we headed out to the desert, had a great time regardless of the heat and rain. I can’t wait to go back to horseman’s park again. I also picked up a bomber from Dred805 that I started stripping down.
I’m headed to Vegas in a couple weeks for my grandfather’s induction to the hall of fame and I’m bringing some trucks, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to run, I’ll take them. The bomber rear axle had a stripped screw and I was surprised I was able to drill and extract it without much effort.
Also got a new toolbox setup for work this week

Old 10-14-2022, 09:24 AM   #28
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Things have been pretty hectic the last couple months. I’m officially relocated to California, back to work and have a kid on the way.

I’m headed to Vegas in a couple weeks for my grandfather’s induction to the hall of fame and I’m bringing some trucks, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to run, I’ll take them.

I'd say you've been busy! Congrats on the new little one!

I have never been to Las Vegas to run the tiny trucks (but would love too), but have watched many of Topher Builds vids from there. I believe he used to go to Calico Basin near Red Rock Canyon on the northwest side of Vegas. From what I've seen and heard, there is always groups of crawlers out there every weekend. Check out Topher's videos to see more of them beautiful red rocks!
Old 10-14-2022, 10:32 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I'd say you've been busy! Congrats on the new little one!

I have never been to Las Vegas to run the tiny trucks (but would love too), but have watched many of Topher Builds vids from there. I believe he used to go to Calico Basin near Red Rock Canyon on the northwest side of Vegas. From what I've seen and heard, there is always groups of crawlers out there every weekend. Check out Topher's videos to see more of them beautiful red rocks!

Yeah man, go watch some topher vids and get fired up!

Depending on how much further north you want to go, I can give you directions to Logandale trails where they held scale nats a few years ago. That’s where I grew up actually.

Old 10-14-2022, 01:50 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Congrats on the new addition fricker!

Id love to go check out places over that way
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:11 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Thanks everyone, yea I’ve been stalking tophers videos for a long time and I’ve been wanting to wheel in Vegas since his Capra video. Not sure what rigs I’ll be taking but it should be a good time and I’ll try to get some pics/video.

Some of you might have seen my other post, been thinking about purging some of my collection but I’m torn. In the mean time, I picked up this 10.2 from [mention]twade984 [/mention] and I’ve been meaning to get it together. Finally decided to work on it tonight, I’ve got a slider. Just need to order the origin full cab body and pick out some wheels. I had clear bully’s for it but donated those to my dads pro. There’s also a slight chance I’ll run my pro body on this rig and run the origin full cab on the pro.
Also picked up a centered rear clear rj70 with the help of [mention]DRED805 [/mention] the bomber is a mess, I robbed the transmission and picked up a “new” used chassis that I’m not even sure I’ll use smh

Old 11-12-2022, 10:06 PM   #32
RCC Addict

A lot going on in the garage lately. Swapped the 4ws axles from the truggy back to the gspeed.. for now. I’ve got some plans in the making for a new project. Got all the pieces to finish the 10.2 project. New clear 3 gear trans, incision driveshafts, origin full cab body, and scale hardware for the wheel of fortune wheels. Hoping to get the body painted sooner than later.
Mounted a Holmes 500lp servo with 2700kv puller pro and micro x. Wrapped the new wheels with some vanquish falkens. Theses tires are super sticky, but the sidewalls seem a bit thin.
Did some work on the distinctive pd hot rod truck. Changed to stiffer rear springs, swapped to .475 hubs with the vanquish brake weights. What a difference! This truck is dialed now, still bummed I tweaked the frame last weekend but it straightened out ok.
Also no 1.9 rig… but there’s a very large rig rolling in the fleet now

Old 11-13-2022, 07:45 AM   #33
Go Buckeyes!

Good looking 10.2 build! Nice color match between the wheels, shocks and shock towers! Speaking of shock towers, cool to see the VP clear towers. I don't see them much anymore. I currently have a set of VP towers in black and have been holding on to them since they are rare now.

Love the look of them new VP Falken's. Can't wait to try a set of them out!
Old 11-28-2022, 10:43 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Thanks Bmow! After seeing [mention]twade984 [/mention]tires stuff with lil nova foams I’ll likely do that. I finally go around to getting some paint laid out on the 10.2 origin body. I know it’s the same as my pro, but that’s what I was going for. Pick a paint scheme and beat the sh*t out of it

Old 11-30-2022, 08:15 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Thanks Bmow! After seeing [mention]twade984 [/mention]tires stuff with lil nova foams I’ll likely do that. I finally go around to getting some paint laid out on the 10.2 origin body. I know it’s the same as my pro, but that’s what I was going for. Pick a paint scheme and beat the sh*t out of it

Hey I think I want this truck back…

Old 11-30-2022, 08:29 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Hey I think I want this truck back…

Haha it’s got your name on it!

Old 12-17-2022, 07:04 PM   #37
RCC Addict

I’ve got a lot going on and nothing all at once. Got a phoenix straight axle kit sitting on the shelf, going to build a mullet out of. I’m undecided about the body and all transmission/axle gearing to make everything jive. Been trying to get organized to have a place to work. I’ve got a co-workers xmaxx I need to dig into for him to figure out what’s wrong with the steering and front diff.

I’ve had the distinctive pd hot rod truck out a few times, that thing is a killer and it’s become my go-to rig.
Some of you have probably seen my ecto build but I picked up one of those and it’s a blast. First rtr since the new trx4 bronco.
Also took the rc speedy out today for some action shots. Held up perfectly even after some tumbles

Old 12-17-2022, 07:05 PM   #38
RCC Addict

https://youtu.be/GciqUyQumos

https://youtu.be/uuiXUkwYGyc

Old 01-04-2023, 10:38 PM   #39
RCC Addict

I’ve been gathering the pieces for another project. I’ve had this idea for a little while and finally decided to pull the trigger.
A couple of you already know but I’m going to try to keep it under wraps a little longer. What I will tell you is, it’s getting a bulletproof vfd twin and 2 Vanquish Capra steering axles. Can’t wait to see this come together. Tonight I finally got the trans built, with all the machined gears, aluminum bearing plates, stand offs and lightweight motor plate, topped off with stainless hardware.

Old 01-05-2023, 12:02 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

VFD Twin and dual Capra steering axles, alright can't wait to see what you got in store.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote

What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collaboration of scx10.2 builds Fricker08 Axial SCX10 II 45 03-28-2023 03:50 PM
CrawlZoneX 4 An RC Crawler & Scale Video Collaboration gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 11-06-2013 12:52 PM
CrawlZoneX An RC Crawler & Scaler Video Collaboration Part 2 gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 07-27-2013 04:57 PM
A Facebook & Youtube Friendship Crawler/Scale Video Collaboration ifulg Scale Videos! 0 07-02-2013 09:48 AM