Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2023, 10:03 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

Haha [mention]twade984 [/mention] is right Indy.. you never know. I stole those things. A buddy of mine needed a motor and esc combo so I traded him the 1080/torquemaster expert out of the gladiator for those pink shift rc’s wheels. So tonight I put the fusion pro from the speedy r2 In it then got started on swapping my bro to a brxl and crawlmaster pro 16t maybe I’ll finish it by next weekend smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Haha [mention]twade984 [/mention] is right Indy.. you never know. I stole those things. A buddy of mine needed a motor and esc combo so I traded him the 1080/torquemaster expert out of the gladiator for those pink shift rc’s wheels. So tonight I put the fusion pro from the speedy r2 In it then got started on swapping my bro to a brxl and crawlmaster pro 16t maybe I’ll finish it by next weekend smh

How about those peanut butter pretzel bites… basically crack

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:32 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
How about those peanut butter pretzel bites… basically crack

On the addiction level I think it goes
1: peanut butter pretzels
2: Rc crawlers
3: heroin
Haha

Old 05-12-2023, 12:02 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

Haha it's the cheese versions of those snacks for me.

Btw truggy looks rad.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:49 AM   #85
RCC Addict

I wouldnt say everything. Ive got a guy wantin to buy my purple 84 stepside, but lil b aint for sale.

If fricker decides to get rid of them purple ones, he knows to get with on them lol
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 06:07 AM   #86
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Haha

This I agree on!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 07:57 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Haha

Yous inbox is full

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 12:52 AM   #88
RCC Addict

Default What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

Well I haven’t been posting much, one because I’ve been busy with life and 2 this place has left a salty taste in my mouth if I’m being honest.
Anyways
Plenty going on, I don’t think I mentioned it but I stripped my RC speedy C2 down, and listed the chassis. I’ve got a pile of parts laying here so I decided to see what stuck together. Ended up with a vs4-10 chassis from a straight axle phoenix I parted out, as well as the 90mm s8e shocks that I modded with dlux parts for now, and the links from the kit also. Threw the d44’s under it with some cchand sliders thanks to [mention]twade984 [/mention] and then I printed up some knights customs vs4/jlu body mounts that worked perfectly. Need to re-print the tears but that’s all good.
Speaking of, I also picked up twade’s old ender 3 printer and I’ve been messing with that also.
Let’s see, I picked up a distinctive pd moonbuggy chassis that I haven’t quite figured out what I want to do with yet
I also gathered a bunch of parts to start my badass tf2 build with some ecto fab springs and a bunch of a&m garage goodies. Also picked up a trail king from indybama to rob the axles because I ordered the incorrect jec leaf mounts.. smh. Should be a fun truck all said n done! I think that’s it for now

Old 06-26-2023, 12:31 AM   #89
RCC Addict

I haven’t been posting much but still lurking. Lots going on in the Fricker garage, starting with the TF2 I just posted in that sun section. Finally building me a badass leafer as well as wrapping up the vs4-EB I’ve been wanting to do forever. That trucks a roller but needs some tweaking and the esc showed up for it yesterday. Got some s8e’s I’ll be building almost fully optioned out, besides the shock bodies, then I need to grab bumpers and hit the trails.
Got the tf2 as a roller which I’m excited about, can’t wait for the last few parts to come in.
I also may or may not have picked up a truck of freedom, had a nice haul just not sure what I’ll do with it yet. That’s about it for now! Enjoy some pics

Old 07-12-2023, 12:19 AM   #90
RCC Addict

Since the last write up I got the Tf2 about 98% completed. The only thing left now is to swap out for some smaller foams. It ended up with a Holmes hobbies 500lp steering servo, crawlmaster mini esc and 1400kv snubnose revolver. We will see how it holds up but it should be a lot of slow speed crawling so I expect it to be alright. This truck got some special wheels anodized in a green camo. I thought the camo rings were a little much so I opted for some gray skarn rings which I’m now realizing I posted about in my tf2 build thread.. if you haven’t looked at that go check it out.
Next up the Vs4-10 Bronco is wrapped up for now as well. I ended up building some fully optioned s8e 90mm shocks, after swapping some springs around and mounting them to the lower link I’m happy with the setup. I also added some red dredger rings to all the wheels with black scale hardware. The stock bumpers lined up perfectly and only required a couple holes in the rear mount posts. I can’t wait to get this truck out.
Then I’ve been playing musical wheels, the pro got some new bully’s with gray Omni ifr rings. I’m pretty happy with the whole setup.
Then I decided to mount the camo rings on the gladiator with black bully’s and ditch the rock beasts for some new krawlers I had on the shelf. I think it turned out pretty alright.

I’ve got that moonbuggy laying around still also, I’m on the hunt for some Capra axles I think. Possibly considered ryft axles but I’m not sure. Anyway I had some used 2.2 enduro’s I picked up that had the stock wide rings. Had a set of narrow eBay 2.2’s and thought hmm.. well the inner rings and inner bead lock ring fit perfect. Got the west desert wheeler cut n shuts mounted uo and now I’m getting excited to get this rig rolling eventually.
Then while I was cruising fb I stumbled across this 3D printed dodge body painted like one of my grandfathers old race trucks so you know I had to have it. I have an ssd chassis I’m trying to mount it to. Should make fit a fun project

Old 07-12-2023, 06:08 AM   #91
Go Buckeyes!

Nice choice on the gray Skarn rings!

Nice find on the Dodge body. Looks awesome! Can't wait to see more on this build!
Old 07-13-2023, 07:49 AM   #92
Rock Stacker

Love the Rod Hall Dodge!
I used to race short course off road myself with Ford Broncos, still have one of them.
Gonna' turn my white SCX10-III Bronco into this eventually:
RudyF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 03:24 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Hey Rudy, not sure how I missed that post but that will be awesome man. Been tempted to try n do some tube work on a rig to recreate that as well. Definitely an iconic rig!

I haven’t been posting much, life has gotten in the way of RC’s a bit. I’ve been getting ready for proline by the fire in less than a month. Sold quite a bit of parts and other stuff including parting out the old 10.2 build. That was a rough one to see go but on to other things. Currently I’ve got a pimpin jeep I picked up pretty cheap. It’s going to get ssd pro44’s and a vfd. Need to figure out links as well as wheels n tires.
Next up I’m still working on both distinctive pd moonbuggies.. oh wait I forgot to mention I picked up another one from the man himself. The bigger buggy is getting 4ws Capra axles, the smaller one is getting 4ws ssd diamond axles. Both should be killer rigs.

Then I picked up a brazin chassis from a buddy that came with vanquish offset F9 axles, pro vfd and some 1.9 machetes. Stripped it down to steal the drivetrain and sold the chassis to twade984. Started assembling the speedy again with those parts. Going to put a beating on it at btf on 4s.
I guess that’s about all I have going at this time, enjoy some pics

Old 08-29-2023, 03:22 PM   #94
RCC Addict

That purple fox chassis wouldve looked perfect with them purple VP wheels u sold lol. Cant wait to see that one come together.

Wish i could make it to plbtf, but funds just wont let that trip happen. Itd be awesome to meet u in person n hang out, n see some of the big youtubers again
Old 08-30-2023, 06:15 AM   #95
Go Buckeyes!

Looks like some good stuff happening in the Fricker garage!

Some good looking rigs. Them moon buggies look cool. I may have to build one of them in the future.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:44 AM   #96
RCC Addict

Again I’ve been terrible at making time to update what I’m working on. It’s a shame this place is going by the wayside but while it’s here I’ll try to make a better effort to share.
Proline By the Fire 2023 was this last weekend and I tasked myself with building and bringing more rigs than I should have.. 8 to be exact. That’s 12 total between my old man and myself.
The purple buggy challenged me more than once and I’d given up and trying to make it happen but I kept going back and it finally all came together.
The bomber based buggy went together quite a bit easier and landed just over 14” on the wheel base, now that I’ve driven it.. I can say it’s one of my favorites to drive.
No works been done on the pimpin yet..
The tf2 is getting reworked again with twistedfabco springs and likely a new skid and transmission. It was a blast to drive and handled some pretty tough obstacles if I do say so myself. Something about driving a leafer, it’s just a good time. Next I also want to hook the trailer back up to it and see where it’ll go.
I picked up some new hd44’s for the pro but haven’t got around to installing though yet. I also got the speedy all back together and hooned it around on 4s a bit.
Other than that idk what else I’ve really got going. I need to piece the ecto back together and just get organized from last weekend again. A couple rigs need some upgrades and some clean up but all in all we had a great time. Here’s some pics, I’ll work on a video later with the couple short clips I took

Old 09-26-2023, 01:24 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

Rad pics bro. I can't believe you brought 8 rigs! But such an event holds a lot of passion for the hobby and I don't blame you for filling up the cargo area. Always love seeing everybody's pics and footage from the weekend.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 06:14 AM   #98
Go Buckeyes!

Looks like good times! PLBTF is an event that I would love to attend some day. The rocks and terrain out there look absolutely amazing!

Looks like the scale city gets better every year. Nice buy on the KMC wheels! I've seen a few people posting pics of these on the social the past couple days. Good looking wheels for sure!
Old 09-26-2023, 02:02 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Love that fox buggy fricker, so beautiful! Yall got some sweet rigs. Id love to make it to PLBTF atleast once. The wife mentioned makin a weekend trip to cali. I told her, we'll wait til next yr n take my vaca n stay for a week lol. She wants to gobhit some stores n i wanna hit some rocks

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2023, 08:35 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
I can't believe you brought 8 rigs!
Easier to do when you are less than 2 hours away, and that’s in bad traffic.
hnoroian is offline   Reply With Quote

What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collaboration of scx10.2 builds Fricker08 Axial SCX10 II 45 03-28-2023 03:50 PM
CrawlZoneX 4 An RC Crawler & Scale Video Collaboration gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 11-06-2013 12:52 PM
CrawlZoneX An RC Crawler & Scaler Video Collaboration Part 2 gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 07-27-2013 04:57 PM
A Facebook & Youtube Friendship Crawler/Scale Video Collaboration ifulg Scale Videos! 0 07-02-2013 09:48 AM