Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2022, 10:08 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

Couldn’t come up with a better title so here we are haha
I’m always working on something new, the next project or quick flip. Not all of them deserve build threads, so I figured this might be a good way for me to post up what I’m working on.
That being said, the first truck I’m posting has already had a build thread.
You can find it here

Custom flat rail C2 build, '35 hot rod truck

Some of you have seen that I took possession of this bad dog. I
re-assembled it with vanquish F10’s and modded s8e 80mm shocks that measure out around 84mm all said n done tied to the same titanium links.
I’m running a dlux portal transmission with overdrive portal gears and incision isd10 driveshafts.
[mention]twade984 [/mention] spent some time on this as well, designing and 3D printing a servo mount, reinforced with carbon fiber. As well as a battery/electronics tray.
As far as electronics goes, it’s packing a Holmes Crawlmaster Mini V1 esc with 1800kv standard revolver and shv500 v3 servo.
Now I think I’ve decided, but feel free to vote on the wheels. Grey tanks or Bronze 101’s. They will get wrapped in Proline Krawlers in the g8 variety with CI Lil’ Nova’s.
There will be more to come, and I’ll try to update this with my projects as I go.

Last edited by Fricker08; 06-11-2022 at 11:03 PM.
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2022, 10:29 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects

I'll follow. Definitely wanna do a build with F10s.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

This type of thread probably suits you best. Big reason I don’t really do build threads, either slow progress or things come and go so quick, there’s no point.

Look forward to seeing you keep up on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:11 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That rig looks good man.

I vote for Bronze wheels. Grey looks good but too uniform for me. I like the bronze pop.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 04:50 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Thats such a beautiful rig fricker! I think the bronze look better. Dont get me wrong, i love the look of the new tank wheels, but it to much grey. The bronze, like SLN said, gives it a lil pop
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:01 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Out of my 6 rigs, three have bronze wheels. You can't go wrong with some bronze goodness!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:26 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I think everybody is right, plus those grey tanks would look really good on a certain jeep limo.

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:43 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Man, I really had to resist the urge to buy that thing when it was for sale. Glad t see it complete again. Having bronze wheels on both my 1:1's and my Pro and 10.2, I think you can guess my vote
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 02:10 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Well as you guys can see, I went bronze. I agree, something about the bronze and blue does it for me. I liked them on my pro and glad they found their way here.
Plus as [mention]twade984 [/mention] said.. these tanks look right at home on my new gladiator

Old 06-12-2022, 06:47 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Looking snazzy my friend
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 07:14 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Thanks [mention]distinctive pd [/mention] really stoked on this truck. Can’t wait to go run it. Need to figure out a front bumper, but even then being sub 5lbs is still pretty impressive.
I’ve been working on trying to clean up some of my junk. I did pick up a gladiator chassis, with transmission and body. So I decided my gladiator needed some Hardcore Rc stainless links. Those are in the mail, and I used a bunch of stuff I had laying around including some ar45 straights to build the second chassis.
I’ve also got a scx10 iii Bronco that’s been sitting around so I did some wheel/tire swap on it. Other than that, I got a set of Capra universals to get the 4ws truck back on the rocks along with some plastic housings. I was not a fan of the kyx housings.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:37 AM   #12
Slow is the new Fast

Nice score there with the BOC Rat Rod, it’s a gorgeous build. Something about the sweeping lines on that chassis always grab my attention. Love it!
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:22 AM   #13
Go Buckeyes!

Great idea for this type of thread. It's just the type I need to have since I seem to have multiple projects going on at the same time!

Rigs look great! So good to see the former Distinctive PD rig! It looks so good and one that I almost threw my money at! I did get the Landmine tires off of it though!

The second Gladiator looks great with the straight AR45 axles! This is the way it should have came stock. I still need to swap mine out for the straights.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:31 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Thanks guys, the straight axle gladiator got sold. The Bronco is still hanging around though.
I got the freshly printed servo mount installed from [mention]twade984 [/mention]
Still trying to drum up a front bumper for the hot rod. But I did get a Capra interior mounted inside the cab, not perfect but it looks right.
Hopefully I’ll get this thing on the rocks this weekend.
Got my 4ws v3 back to being a roller. Assembled with new housings and front universals. I’ve got another set of axial unis on order. New v3 revolver mounted and v2 crawlmaster mini assembled, waterproofed and heat shrinked. Just need to get it mounted in the truck. Went to some knock off type r wheels with G8 trenchers

Also got some big things coming.. smh haha

Old 06-29-2022, 01:16 AM   #15

Looks good man, I'll have to try to meet up with you sometime this summer to check em out in person
pmack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:10 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmack99 View Post
Looks good man, I'll have to try to meet up with you sometime this summer to check em out in person

Yea man definitely, elk rock was finally accessible for the first time in months today. So a buddy and myself got out to do some running around. Took the Tf2 and distinctive pd hot rod truck. Pleasantly surprised with how both trucks performed! Had a fun couple of hours worth of running.

Old 07-09-2022, 02:21 AM   #17
RCC Addict

On the bench last night and tonight was my 4ws gspeed getting ready for a comp on Sunday. I also heard they’re running class 1.. and as I don’t have a legit c1 truck, I do have a 10.3 Bronco and some c1 tires. I got the new Holmes V2 crawlmaster mini mounted in the gspeed, along with all the wiring hooked up and cleaned up. It should be ready to go, besides my second set of axial universals being delayed even further.

Which brings me to the Bronco, I mounted up some pretty worn 4.19’s to some knock off omf wheels I had on the bench. Got those on the truck then realized how goofy it was sitting up so tall. Off came the wheels and I mounted the shock to the link. Much better! Then I couldn’t help but ditch the rtr electronics for a hobbywing 1080, Holmes 10t 550 crawlmaster sport and an Amazon 25kg servo.. which should last for this weekend but I think I’ll order a shifts xb sooner than later. Added some scale details and it’s ready to go stink up the competition haha

Old 07-09-2022, 09:11 AM   #18
Go Buckeyes!

The old D-pd hot rod rig looks great back out on the rocks!

I like the looks of the Bronco with the 4.19's. Here lately, well the past year or so, I've been on the smaller tire kick! I think they're a blast to wheel!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 07:31 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Hell yes!!..... is all I have to say about this thread
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:15 AM   #20
RCC Addict

I haven’t forgot about this thread.. just been busy with work and life. But still getting plenty of RC time in.
The scores finally came in for the comp a couple weekends ago, I didn’t take any pics, was too busy BS’n and driving.
The 10.3 in C1 did exactly like I thought it would, got lucky on some lines after starting out terribly.. finished with a solid 16th place, right around mid pack.
For C2 The distinctive pd hot rod Bad Oscar Customs Flow did quite well, considering I was one of the few.. and the only in c3.. guy(s) not running a winch.. I placed a respectable 9th out of about 44 drivers.
C3 running my gspeed v3 on Capra axles at 12.5” wb with 4.75 tires and no winch.. I placed 6th out of 10 guys. So again mid pack but I’ll take it all things considered and being my first comp.
I should also mention they did a courtesy 20 points for c1/c2 and 25 for c3 which I was at with all my rigs.
I still enjoy just driving for fun but definitely will go run a comp again when I get the chance.

Then last weekend I was able to catch up with [mention]twade984 [/mention]and get some driving in. Unfortunately probably one of the last times for a while I’ll get to run with Tom as I’m moving to California in about 5 weeks.
I brought everything and the kitchen sink, think in total we ran about 9.5 rigs and had a great time. Again, not much picture taking. But after leaving Lebanon dam I hit another spot and was able to get a few quick shots before ditching the heat and heading home.

Then I traded the 10.3 bronco for a Traxxas UDR and started the rebuild process on that. I’ll have some pics later, not the most clean truck but I’ve got a pile of parts waiting to rebuild it

There’s another comp coming up early August so I decided to try n be a little more competitive as far as my trucks points go. I’ve been wanting to do a clod body on my 4ws gspeed for a while so the last couple days I finally started cutting. The front is getting pinched and the rear dovetailed. Then I was looking at it last night and figure, why not cut the sucker in half and really narrow it up… so I did. Ended up taking out probably 11/16-3/4 Of an inch. Now I need to start the reassembly process and add some heat to get the shape I’m after. I’ve got some monster 2.2 trenchers coming for that I’ll be mounting up. I expect there to be some rubbing!

What’s Fricker08 working on.. collaboration of projects - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collaboration of scx10.2 builds Fricker08 Axial SCX10 II 45 03-28-2023 03:50 PM
CrawlZoneX 4 An RC Crawler & Scale Video Collaboration gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 11-06-2013 12:52 PM
CrawlZoneX An RC Crawler & Scaler Video Collaboration Part 2 gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 07-27-2013 04:57 PM
A Facebook & Youtube Friendship Crawler/Scale Video Collaboration ifulg Scale Videos! 0 07-02-2013 09:48 AM