Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: A question or two about Gspeed builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2022, 05:34 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default A question or two about Gspeed builds

Hello all,

I’m mulling things over in my mind about a Gspeed build and I have some questions. First of all, my build is going to us ar44 axles with a servo on axle for the front just because that is what I have in my spare parts. Would I be able to run a forward motor mount like one from team garage hack with a servo on axle set up or would I run into issues of the servo hitting the motor? What would you recommend? A v1c1 or a v3?

Thanks rccrawler community.
Hanshotfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2022, 07:44 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: A question or two about Gspeed builds

I've never used the FMM with a SOA setup in a V3, but I did use it on a Sherpa chassis without issue. Gabe is usually quick to respond if you shoot him an email.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:15 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default A question or two about Gspeed builds

I haven’t personally put one together with fmm and soa, but obviously it will depend on front link length. Assuming a standard link setup, I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit. The lay down servo mount places the servo in roughly the same position it would occupy on the axle.

As far as v3 or c1, the v3 should perform better with the angled skid and give you more shock mounting options. It is also available in steel, aluminum, g10 and carbon fiber.

C1 obviously made to meet sorrca rules has a flat skid and seperate shock hoop. It is only available in aluminum if I’m not mistaken.

[mention]Fricker08 [/mention], didn’t your g speed based 6x6 have fmm and soa at one point?
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:09 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I’ve built quite a few gspeed rigs. If you’re after performance, go with the v3 as [mention]twade984 [/mention] pointed out. The v1c1 is more of a “performance” class 1 chassis.
I’ve ran soa and an fmm but it was not a tgh fmm. I would think it should clear no problem but I can’t say for certain. Gabe over at gspeed has amazing service though and is definitely willing to answer questions as stated above.
You shouldn’t be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:18 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I emailed Gabe and he promptly replied, a fmm and soa is no problem. Guess a v3/team garage hack build is in my near future
Hanshotfirst is offline   Reply With Quote

A question or two about Gspeed builds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GSPEED V3 Chassis Build Question cocorub1 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 05-03-2022 10:33 AM
topher builds a V1C1 Gspeed Topher Builds 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 08-02-2021 02:10 AM
topher builds an Element Kit + Gspeed TGH V3 Topher Builds Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 22 05-13-2021 11:30 AM
looking for prerunner builds. post builds here wcdfmt510 General Scale Talk 19 06-27-2013 09:48 PM