Notices

Thread: Knightkeeper Tacoma build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2022, 10:34 AM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Knightkeeper Tacoma build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Awesome, sounds promising on your revised suspension.

The dude taking a leak though LOL.
Lmao

Ya I was looking for mechanic figures and such, saw this dude and actually called "drunk fat guy peeing". I had to print it lol. There is the child appropriate version which I printed (looks like he ain't moved his tighty whities yet) cause I have kids and the not so appropriate hole thing hanging out version. Didn't expect that till I put it into the slicer and started dying laughing. Took a pic of my computer screen and sent it to my wife lol. Checked another file and that was the safe one to print that the pics showed on cults.

That made me dig a tad deeper into cults3d and realized I probably shouldn't have. Some pretty disturbed people out there making 3d files.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2022, 06:27 AM   #102
Go Buckeyes!

Sounds like great news on the suspension!

RIP Hilux. Hopefully we'll get to see it's resurrection soon!

I had to laugh when I saw the guy in the corner peeing! Did you say you got your "tan" crew from cults3D?
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:14 AM   #103
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Sounds like great news on the suspension!

RIP Hilux. Hopefully we'll get to see it's resurrection soon!

I had to laugh when I saw the guy in the corner peeing! Did you say you got your "tan" crew from cults3D?
Yeap all figures found on cults. Damn people charge way too much for 3d files like that lol. Wife would kill me if she knew I've probably spent $100 on files to print at least for this garage. Half of it or slightly more is the crew.

Hilux has to be resurrected asap. Completely forgot about a comp NEXT WEEKEND!!! Just got a reminder when they posted all spots full. Knightrunner doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell if it's like last one. Well maybe I took her out there a couple weeks ago and other than first section she cleared everything pretty easily. So she'll be a fall back if I can't get the hilux at least back together with the new parts in time.

Last edited by tigris99; 09-15-2022 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2022, 05:13 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Did have enough room to modify middle connector skid and chassis brace, reprint to be able to fit up to these 2200 3s packs. Not so much for comp use (though weight may help) as trail use so im not changing packs every 30 minutes or so

Those were so much easier to deal with making changes before the rig was fully assembled. As long as it doesnt fall off a cliff thankfully I shouldn't have to do it again lol.

Last edited by tigris99; 09-16-2022 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:28 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

And I LOVE IT.

Cleared some lines I didn't expect (a couple no one else could being trail rigs).

I'm going to trim off the extension bit of the front skid that goes under the diff, that's probably 5mm of clearance lost directly under the diff.

Suspension works as I hoped maybe a tad better though medium sway bar still too stiff. So time to take the dremel to a regular one.

Knightrunner is still as much if not a tad more fun on trails though, handles anything I throw at it until it's comp rig territory.

Also was in "prime hyrax" territory and my rock beasts shocked me many times.

Old 09-17-2022, 04:32 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Oh and Godzilla tried to use it as a rollerskate apparently

Old 09-17-2022, 07:06 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

You've turned it into a performer.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 04:58 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Well since I can say a job well done, figured they deserved a little color for their hard work. Now the drunk dude, ya he needed underwear so he got some white with red heart boxers

Old 09-24-2022, 12:13 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Ran her on c2 course (no c1 here this year) then decided to finder her limits.

Ya body got DESTROYED lol. Was already way too weakened from getting beat on and repaired before today.

Taco 2.0 body might be needed sooner than later......

And yes, was still crawling around with the destroyed shell for a bit.

Old 09-24-2022, 12:59 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

That'll buff out....
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 04:16 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Omg that thing got hammered!
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:21 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
That'll buff out....

What he said
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 07:59 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Been reflecting on the day. Things that need to be tweaked and the weak points (besides the crap choice in plastic lol).

Funny how all the PLA parts held up to being smashed when the body gave way. The drivers head is now higher than what's left of the roof and he's fine.....

That said, working on the Hilux atm, got some design changes to make on the printed parts and such, in fairness this tumbled about 6 ft down a rebar ladder basically (to get up to or come down off a concrete coated old playground slide). I was expecting it to hold up a tad longer but oh well, was a "prototype" anyway lol.

Old 09-26-2022, 04:41 AM   #114
Go Buckeyes!

OH, now I see why you have a convertible now! Ouch!!

I only print in PLA and (knock on wood) I have yet to destroy/explode any of my parts. But I also have not fallen down a rebar ladder!

Looking forward to seeing version II of the Yota!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:04 AM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
OH, now I see why you have a convertible now! Ouch!!

I only print in PLA and (knock on wood) I have yet to destroy/explode any of my parts. But I also have not fallen down a rebar ladder!

Looking forward to seeing version II of the Yota!
All pla parts I have 0 issues with except the heat on at least black parts. Petg was a bad idea of course so white PLA it is lol.

The upside now is I can try this body the way I wanted to but was trying to rush to meet deadline. Now I have nothing but time to get it the way I want (after the hilux is back rolling again).

Old 10-12-2022, 06:19 PM   #116
Quarry Creeper

It's been a while since I came creeping around the forum but I like where you're going with the C2 Taco. Until you broke it anyway.

It's a bummer the original PLA+ Taco I made you melted but what can you do but move on and try a "tougher" materials.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:45 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

This build is actually for C1, but took it through a C2 course just to torture test it lol.

The original body is still on the shelf, actually plan on doing the build over the next few months for spring. Just can't go outside during the summer lol. I put other parts on the knightrunner with lexan body the test first, they didn't hold up (black PLA parts). Which you warned me may happen. It's gets over 100f here during the summer and PLA doesn't stand a chance if the rig goes out in the sun in those temps.

The original body you did is actually going to be the tow rig for a trailer with this rig when all said and done.

Just added a E3 Max Neo to the arsenal so now I can print bodies in no more than 2 pieces lol.

Last edited by tigris99; 10-12-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:12 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
This build is actually for C1, but took it through a C2 course just to torture test it lol.

The original body is still on the shelf, actually plan on doing the build over the next few months for spring. Just can't go outside during the summer lol. I put other parts on the knightrunner with lexan body the test first, they didn't hold up (black PLA parts). Which you warned me may happen. It's gets over 100f here during the summer and PLA doesn't stand a chance if the rig goes out in the sun in those temps.

The original body you did is actually going to be the tow rig for a trailer with this rig when all said and done.

Just added a E3 Max Neo to the arsenal so now I can print bodies in no more than 2 pieces lol.

Yeah, unfortunately anything made of PLA isn't going to fare well against a hot summer. Or harsh impacts.

It doesn't (normally) get too hot in my neck of the woods but I always warn people not to leave their prints in direct sunlight.

I'm glad the 1/10 is still holding up for you. I'd be interested to see your finished tow rig. My Tacoma, whenever I get around to finishing it, is destined to be a trailer puller as well.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:49 AM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc-93 View Post
Yeah, unfortunately anything made of PLA isn't going to fare well against a hot summer. Or harsh impacts.

It doesn't (normally) get too hot in my neck of the woods but I always warn people not to leave their prints in direct sunlight.

I'm glad the 1/10 is still holding up for you. I'd be interested to see your finished tow rig. My Tacoma, whenever I get around to finishing it, is destined to be a trailer puller as well.

The tough pla (or other brand equal like duramec pla plus) has held up to hell and back. Petg on the other hand can suck my a$$. If it's thick and solid piece it's not too bad like the roof rack on the KR now. But the light bar, ya that shattered where as the pla one was nuke proof till it got too hot.

Some testing brighter colors seem fine, it's just darker colors in pla that can't handle it.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:36 AM   #120
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
The tough pla (or other brand equal like duramec pla plus) has held up to hell and back. Petg on the other hand can suck my a$$. If it's thick and solid piece it's not too bad like the roof rack on the KR now. But the light bar, ya that shattered where as the pla one was nuke proof till it got too hot.

Some testing brighter colors seem fine, it's just darker colors in pla that can't handle it.

This might be worth trying out. https://m.printbed.com/item/FORGE?co...iameter=1.75mm

Supposedly it's more heat resistant than standard PLA (I don't know the numbers on Overture PLA+ your Tacoma was made of) and can be annealed in your oven to make it stronger.

Knightkeeper Tacoma build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX24 Tacoma Build tigris99 Micro Scale Rigs 21 04-22-2022 06:29 AM
Finally got a SCX10 (Tacoma build) 802coma Axial SCX-10 190 08-08-2016 06:39 PM
Long time Tacoma build rockhugger Axial SCX-10 16 03-19-2014 11:59 AM
Honcho now Tacoma Build!!! BOWTIE Axial SCX-10 236 08-18-2011 11:49 AM