Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: C2x question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2020, 12:54 AM   #1

Default C2x question

I just got a RC4WD C2x brand new and it came with 2 different sets of foams. Firm front, soft rear. Does anyone have a C2x that noticed the same thing. I know it could be for weight differences but just wondering if this is normal from the factory. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2020, 10:28 AM   #2

Default Re: C2x question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgunner View Post
I just got a RC4WD C2x brand new and it came with 2 different sets of foams. Firm front, soft rear. Does anyone have a C2x that noticed the same thing. I know it could be for weight differences but just wondering if this is normal from the factory. ???

I think the assembly person installed the wrong foams but I’m not complaining. Lol

Old 10-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #3

Old 07-30-2022, 09:19 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Reviving this thread to ask a question about aluminum upgrades for the C2X. On RC4WD website they show the orange aluminum steering knuckles for the D44 axle mounted up on a Wraith. So does that mean C-Hubs from a Wraith fit the D44 axles also because if they do I would like to get the Vanquish upgraded C-Hubs and rear axle lockouts for the Wraith and use them on my new C2X that is coming from RPP.
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:01 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I can't see the Wraith hubs fitting onto the D44 axle since they're RC4WD and not Axial. The D44 is offered in 2 sizes from RC4WD...SCX width and Wraith width. If you use hubs that are compatible with Wraith axles, you will need to use Axial axles.

You could reach out to Vanquish and RC4WD, to see if the hubs you're interested in from Vanquish will fit the D44's. Somebody else may chime in that has had experience with this set up.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:02 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad1911 View Post
Reviving this thread to ask a question about aluminum upgrades for the C2X. On RC4WD website they show the orange aluminum steering knuckles for the D44 axle mounted up on a Wraith. So does that mean C-Hubs from a Wraith fit the D44 axles also because if they do I would like to get the Vanquish upgraded C-Hubs and rear axle lockouts for the Wraith and use them on my new C2X that is coming from RPP.
EDIT: Took a while to compose this reply - so I'll say firstly - what HE (58_Willys) said!

I also have a C2X and nearly all the upgrades, though I have not installed them yet - it's on the back burner, building mine as an Overlanding-style truck (maybe).

Posted a couple replies to your other posts regarding C2X D44 axle upgrades - I believe they only showed those axles mounted on a Wraith because the RC4WD D44 axles can be built either in SCX10-width (same width as a C2X) or Wraith-width.

Pretty sure that the individual parts cannot be swapped from Wraith-specific axles, it's just that the width ends up the same so the entire axle could be used.

My other replies to you are here:

RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here

How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench??

Last edited by durok; 07-30-2022 at 10:06 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 12:30 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
EDIT: Took a while to compose this reply - so I'll say firstly - what HE (58_Willys) said!

I also have a C2X and nearly all the upgrades, though I have not installed them yet - it's on the back burner, building mine as an Overlanding-style truck (maybe).

Posted a couple replies to your other posts regarding C2X D44 axle upgrades - I believe they only showed those axles mounted on a Wraith because the RC4WD D44 axles can be built either in SCX10-width (same width as a C2X) or Wraith-width.

Pretty sure that the individual parts cannot be swapped from Wraith-specific axles, it's just that the width ends up the same so the entire axle could be used.

My other replies to you are here:

RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here

How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench??
I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my questions. I'm an over the road truck driver and I like to ask as many questions as I can before I go ordering stuff. I like to order parts when I'm out on the road that way they're usually at the house when I get home off the road.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:38 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Here's another question for anyone that has a C2X. What size spur and pinion gears does the transmission have in it from the factory? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:58 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

If you go to the C2X product page here:

https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-C2X-Cl...dy_p_7589.html

You can then right click on the detail pictures, select "Open image in a new page" and the microscopic text will be larger so you can read all the specs.

On most images you can then left click to make them absolutely huge...

I went ahead and did that and am including the link to the specific page that mentions the gearing here:

https://www.rc4wd.com/ProductImages/...TR0042-3-8.jpg

Also, if you just scroll down further on the C2X product page that I gave on the first link - it does list the gearing:

"Ratios: Pinion/Spur 14/64 = 4.57:1"
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

C2x question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C2x masondjames684 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 5 11-29-2020 02:42 PM
noname_rc C2X noname0383 1.9 Scale Rigs 16 04-20-2020 08:34 AM
RC4WD c2x Guahantoyz671 Newbie General 0 02-25-2020 09:43 AM