Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #261
20K Club

Manu, the 3PK can definitely do the rear steer you are looking for. The problem with part two of your question is that since you will be using a rear steer servo in channel 3 that doesn't leave you any room to control a dig (either by second servo or second ESC). The 3PK works great for a 2.2 comp rig since no rear steer is used but would be less ideal for a super class rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu7781 View Post
Hi guys, I am a newbie to the field of RC and I am planning to buy a radio for my rock crawler project. I was planning to buy 4pk but It is not available in India and importing it is not an option since it cost $800. So If 3pk can handle all the requirement then I will go with it. So let me ask few questions from the veterans. 1. Can we program 3pk to mix front steering with rear steering for different situations like both front and rear wheels turning in same direction, both front and rear wheels turning in opposite direction, front only and rear only? 2. If the 3pk can be used to mix front and rear steering as described above then can front and rear DIG also be used simultaneously with 4WS? Thanks, Manu
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Manu, the 3PK can definitely do the rear steer you are looking for. The problem with part two of your question is that since you will be using a rear steer servo in channel 3 that doesn't leave you any room to control a dig (either by second servo or second ESC). The 3PK works great for a 2.2 comp rig since no rear steer is used but would be less ideal for a super class rig.
Hi Harley,
Thanks for your reply. It clears alot ambiguity that i was facing. So since 3pk wont work well for my requirement can you suggest some work around or some other radio that I can use. What if I use stick radios by futaba like 6EX (6 channels thing)

thanks,
Manu Chawla
manu7781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #263
20K Club

The 6EX was going to be my suggestion for what it sounds like you are needing. I don't have quite the amount of knowledge with that particular radio however. I could enquire about getting a loaner for a little while to do some writing but I am no sure about how that would go.

The 6EX definitely has the expansion you need though, if I was going to choose a stick radio that would be the one

Quote:
Hi Harley,
Thanks for your reply. It clears alot ambiguity that i was facing. So since 3pk wont work well for my requirement can you suggest some work around or some other radio that I can use. What if I use stick radios by futaba like 6EX (6 channels thing)

thanks,
Manu Chawla
Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
The 6EX was going to be my suggestion for what it sounds like you are needing. I don't have quite the amount of knowledge with that particular radio however. I could enquire about getting a loaner for a little while to do some writing but I am no sure about how that would go.

The 6EX definitely has the expansion you need though, if I was going to choose a stick radio that would be the one
Thanks Mate, I was also thinking on same line. Please do post some reviews of EX6 if you get you hands on it. any help would be appreciated. In INDIA there are not many RC stores and tracks so my knowledge is rather limited (Still learning.. and a long way to go)
manu7781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #265
no talent hack

Is there a way to turn down the framerate on the 4pk? The 645 on my rockracer is fidgety
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #266
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
Is there a way to turn down the framerate on the 4pk? The 645 on my rockracer is fidgety
From memory, you should be able to go to the system menu and change the servo mode from High Speed to Normal. Try that and let me know
Old 05-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #267
[HOONIGAN]

The step by step for the 4pk super set-up would be very helpful
Thanks in advance.
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #268
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
The step by step for the 4pk super set-up would be very helpful
Thanks in advance.
It's way over due. I am going to grab my radio right now.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #269
20K Club

SUPER CRAWLER

Setup:
2x - Tekin FXR
Clod Axles (or any MOA setup)
Castle BEC
2x Hitec 5955
Futaba 4PK

Setup:
Channel 1: Front Steering Servo
Channel 2: Front ESC
Channel 3: Rear ESC
Channel 4: Rear Steering Servo

One of the first things I did was go into the SYSTM menu and change DISP-SEL and set it to "SRV-VIEW". The Servo View gives a very clear bar graph style view of what every channel is doing.

Go to the *MENU-T option and change your menu type to "Level3", make sure to go down and select the EXEC function so that it applies the changes.

To control the two ESC's I did setup PMix1 (program mix 1). For the program I set the master channel to the throttle and the slave as channel 3 (rear esc). For PMix1 I set it for 100% mix for both forward and reverse, this is what I will drive around on under normal conditions since it will give both motors equal throttle. Make sure the mode is set to Active at the bottom.

Now for Rear steering control we will be using PMix2 (program mix 2). Set the Master channel to steering and the slave channel to channel 4 (rear servo). I set the left and right values as -100%. Make sure the mode is set to Active at the bottom.

I set PMix1 on push button 1 which is on the bottom of the wheel, it feels very natural to hit the button it is a fantastic spot. I set PMix2 to push button 2, which is on the grip followed but and easily activated/deactivated by your middle finger..

To do this go to the SWTCH menu.
Set PS1 to PROG MIX1 / ALT
Set PS2 to PROG MIX2 / ALT

Now if I hit PS1 it will give me 4x4.

If I hit the switch again it turns the mixing off, that means that the 3rd channel is not seeing ANY throttle which should give me standard dig with lock (the lock comes from the drag brake settings on the ESC).

Now for rear steer activating PMix2 by pushing the button on the grip gives me a standard tight turning type setup.

Now for independent rear steer. Go to the Dial menu and set the the first three lines as such and all others to OFF:
*DL1: CH4: 50 / NOR
*DL2: CH4: 50 / NOR
*DT1: CH4: 50 / NOR

The value of 50 can be adjusted depending if you want the amount your rear turns on each click to be more or less. With the 50 value your wheel will turn half way towards full lock with each click. So if you click it twice to the left than you will be at full lock left. Understand?

Old 05-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #270

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH Harley!

My 4PK does now, what it shows in the video! Only problem I now have to solve is that as soon as I switch on the power of the car and the 4PK, the front ESC (and the motor..) starts running?!

Perhaps I did something wrong with the wiring or the setup of the ESC?!
Crawling Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #271
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Dutch View Post
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH Harley!

My 4PK does now, what it shows in the video! Only problem I now have to solve is that as soon as I switch on the power of the car and the 4PK, the front ESC (and the motor..) starts running?!

Perhaps I did something wrong with the wiring or the setup of the ESC?!
Just try reprogramming your throtle position on the ESC. Meaning the sequence when you do the forward reverse and nuetral position programming. Worth a shot.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #272
[HOONIGAN]

Thanks for the info
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #273

GOT IT! I completly forgot about that ... new to electro's...
Now I can mount the last servohorn and then I can start Crawling!!

Thanks again Harley!
Crawling Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #274
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Dutch View Post
GOT IT! I completly forgot about that ... new to electro's...
Now I can mount the last servohorn and then I can start Crawling!!

Thanks again Harley!
Just glad it fixed it
Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #275
RCC Addict

Hey guys, having an issue with a 604 receiver. I just bought a scaler and went to bind the receiver and it just flashes green, no solid green. I have tried...

turn on transmitter, then receiver, hold down the button
hold down button, turn on receiver, turn on transmitter
hold down button, turn on transmitter, turn on receiver

Any help is greatly appreciated.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #276
20K Club

In the Rxsys menu switch from c2 mode to c1 mode. Then turn your TX off then back on. COnfirm it switched then rebind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
Hey guys, having an issue with a 604 receiver. I just bought a scaler and went to bind the receiver and it just flashes green, no solid green. I have tried...

turn on transmitter, then receiver, hold down the button
hold down button, turn on receiver, turn on transmitter
hold down button, turn on transmitter, turn on receiver

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #277
I wanna be Dave

I have to say Harley...This thread is straight up AWESOME!!..This is gonna help me so much when my radio gets here and I get my damn comp rig together.....But I am wondering about my esc situation...I have one Sidewinder already..Should I get another one or sell the one I have and work on getting two Tekin FXRs?Mainly I am wondering about the drag brake sitiuation with the Sidewinder.Is it near as good as the Tekin?Sorry if I jabed this in the wrong thread...
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #278
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

The tekin controllers have stronger drag brake right now.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #279
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
The tekin controllers have stronger drag brake right now.
I like how you just slide that in there
Old 05-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #280

Quote:
Hi guys, I am a newbie to the field of RC and I am planning to buy a radio for my rock crawler project. I was planning to buy 4pk but It is not available in India and importing it is not an option since it cost $800. So If 3pk can handle all the requirement then I will go with it. So let me ask few questions from the veterans. 1. Can we program 3pk to mix front steering with rear steering for different situations like both front and rear wheels turning in same direction, both front and rear wheels turning in opposite direction, front only and rear only? 2. If the 3pk can be used to mix front and rear steering as described above then can front and rear DIG also be used simultaneously with 4WS? Thanks, Manu
Manu, for front steer, rear steer, front ESC and rear ESC, you will need a 4 channel radio. The 3PK is a 3 channel radio, if you use the 3PK you will have to live without one of the functions. In my opinion, don't worry about the rear steer, just use 2 ESC.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM