Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: hendrix motorsports 2.2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default hendrix motorsports 2.2

started this post in the wk section and decided to move it here since i plan on making it a scaler first time doing so so any comments or advice is welcome. I found hendrix motorsports great tube chassis, so i decided do kind of do my on interpritation of one of there chassis for a project so heres what i have so far,
parts list
ax10 trans
wk trans
integy 55t motor
wk axles
losi rock claws(not very scale i know)
tq3 radia and reciever(just starting out in this hobby and it was cheap)
stock wk esc(hope to get a cc sidewinder soon)

and for some pics

i want to try and use both trannys if possable any help would be appreciated
frsttimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

it looks nice, cant wait to seen it done
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

That's looking good! Nice and clean looking. Can't wait to see more progress...
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
Nope..

Looks good! You're gonna have a hell of a reduction with those two trannies.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I like your work. Very nice and clean. Your bends and joints are amazing! Keep it up and you'll have an awsome rig!
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
I joined the Band!

Default Plans?

Were can a person go to take a look at the plans you used for design? Are they available from Hendrix Motorsports? I would be interested in takinga look at those myself.

Thanks
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #7
RCC Addict

looks real good. but if you wanted to make it look REALLY scale, you should make it the right size to use a bruiser fram under it, like a real F-toy....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoffee View Post
Were can a person go to take a look at the plans you used for design? Are they available from Hendrix Motorsports? I would be interested in takinga look at those myself.Thanks
http://hendrixmotorsports.com/_wsn/page2.html here ya go thats where i found it i just right clicked and saved to my pic file

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
looks real good. but if you wanted to make it look REALLY scale, you should make it the right size to use a bruiser fram under it, like a real F-toy....
its actualy the x chassis i do like the f toy but the nearest home depot or any sotre that carrries more than brake line is 30+mile frome me thancks for the comments guys yeah the two trannies will be one heck of a reduction but i think by the time its done its going to weigh a ton so it will help out

Last edited by frsttimer; 03-12-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: post change
Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #9
RCC Addict

thanks for the link. i am going to use that to get plans for an F-toy cage....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

very nice fabrication work
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

thanks guys i should have more pics of progress sometime today ran out of tubing lastnight so had to get more about 15 feet into it got 10 more today also got a new plan might get a gd600 to use instead of the two trans. want to get something under the hood and keep room in the cockpit for sone interior i have a plan for the ax10 trans to keep space open anyone got any good places to get scale engines ive been looking but help would be appreciated thanks again for the comments
Old 03-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

some progress pics

i thik the carrier peice on the bottom is a bit too deep might change that

one with some axles under it

now for the hard part suspension setup but its getting there

Last edited by frsttimer; 03-13-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: change post
Old 03-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Figured I'd follow this thread to it's new home. Looks like you're almost there. Still watchin........ so keep it up Waiting to see it finished.
shierkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:39 AM   #14
2006 2.2 National Champ

Nice tube work, very clean.

I think it would look better if the lower portion of the frame was shorter in height too.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shierkahn View Post
Figured I'd follow this thread to it's new home. Looks like you're almost there. Still watchin........ so keep it up Waiting to see it finished.
the chassis is almost there still figuring lower link loation got the top link placement done unfortunately not very adjustable only in link length but there is alot more to do lots of pannels, interior new wheels and tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
Nice tube work, very clean.

I think it would look better if the lower portion of the frame was shorter in height too.
ty for the compliments cleaning joints as i go this time instead of waiting till all the tubes are all in place alot easier, and the lower section where the links attatch is shorter now and more centered should have some pics of things soon
Old 03-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

You still amaze me
SnoopMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Looks great man. Makes me feel like crap for not finishing mine a year or so ago, but your skills are WAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than mine.

Back when I was toying with the same idea, I was thinking of putting the motor and one trans in the engine compartment, and running one drive shaft down to another trans in the middle. Cutting the second input shaft short, and hooking the drive shaft from trans 1 onto the newly shortened input shaft of trans two, eliminating the spur/pinion on trans 2 all together and just using it as a transfer case. Though I was looking at an R2 up front with 10 or 12 cells and a stealth in mid, or an RD400 up front and Stealth in mid on like 7-10 cells. I was also leaning towards the Bruiser chassis/ F-toy build, with the servo in the chassis next to the motor with the steering linkage set up like a sprung bruiser, do a long version of the F-toy with the battery under the rear seat, and the RX in a "fuel cell". I just got so frusterated with my lack of ability I gave up.

Another motor option is a brushless mounted to the "firewall" can forwards with the drive shaft poking through the firewall spinning a Pede shaft down to the altered input shaft on only one trans using it as the T-case. Someone (Ryan?) had a 2.2 with 2 brushless outrunners, and no trans at all, which is where I stole that idea. I thought about it alot, just lacked the skill to make it happen.

Last edited by lunchbox; 03-20-2008 at 04:40 PM.
lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
Looks great man. Makes me feel like crap for not finishing mine a year or so ago, but your skills are WAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than mine.

Back when I was toying with the same idea, I was thinking of putting the motor and one trans in the engine compartment, and running one drive shaft down to another trans in the middle. Cutting the second input shaft short, and hooking the drive shaft from trans 1 onto the newly shortened input shaft of trans two, eliminating the spur/pinion on trans 2 all together and just using it as a transfer case. Though I was looking at an R2 up front with 10 or 12 cells and a stealth in mid, or an RD400 up front and Stealth in mid on like 7-10 cells. I was also leaning towards the Bruiser chassis/ F-toy build, with the servo in the chassis next to the motor with the steering linkage set up like a sprung bruiser, do a long version of the F-toy with the battery under the rear seat, and the RX in a "fuel cell". I just got so frusterated with my lack of ability I gave up.

Another motor option is a brushless mounted to the "firewall" can forwards with the drive shaft poking through the firewall spinning a Pede shaft down to the altered input shaft on only one trans using it as the T-case. Someone (Ryan?) had a 2.2 with 2 brushless outrunners, and no trans at all, which is where I stole that idea. I thought about it alot, just lacked the skill to make it happen.
its a process indeed i have a plan for two trans i have an ax10 tans and a wk trans i was thinking about an rd600 inplace of one of the trans but funds are low so i might go with what i got i might try to go without a spur and pinion on either but not sure how it would work out but i figure one of the trans would work as a substitute for not haveing them i think some input from some more experienced guys on here about my plan is needed but i figure if im running a second trans like a gear reduction off the motor it should be ok but then again i only got into the hobby in the beginning of the winter so all of my learning has been from reading as much as i can on here my skills are lacking as well its going realy slow at the moment as i am trying to do the link placement and figure out the shock placement all are in my head as to what i want to do but the hard part is getting them into tube form and getting them on the chassis and also making all the plastic items ie... inner fenderwells, interior, sideplates, hood, roof, ect. its going to be a while but thanks its the comments that keep me going otherwise i get uninterested real quick add kicks my ass lol
thanks for coments suggestions are also appreciated as i am still learning and need some guidence
Old 03-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
You still amaze me
i amaze myself also most of the time
Old 03-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

thats good

So whats next .... do you have pics of the new bottom "link mount" ?

Regards SnoopMaxx

Last edited by SnoopMaxx; 03-20-2008 at 06:05 PM.
SnoopMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote