Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Badgers Flatbed (pics updated 7/4 Page 5)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2005, 08:27 AM   #41
R.I.P. Chip

If you are gonna paint it flat black, use Krylon camo, flat black. After mucho testing it is the only flat black that does not fade to grey after a little while in the sun.

It is the official flat black of Team Carnage Crew
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2005, 08:38 AM   #42
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
If you are gonna paint it flat black, use Krylon camo, flat black. After mucho testing it is the only flat black that does not fade to grey after a little while in the sun.

I think Rckjeep uses the same paint. I will see if I can find some. thanks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Yup I do, sticks to lexan too. If you can't find it up there in Fairy City let me know I'll get a can in Redneck heaven (Morgan Hill) I'll be down there all week.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:16 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
Yup I do, sticks to lexan too. If you can't find it up there in Fairy City let me know I'll get a can in Redneck heaven (Morgan Hill) I'll be down there all week.
Which store do you buy it from? I did not see anything like that at Home Depot.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:48 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Rikpal, if you do post up pics cause you do amazing work!
Glad you notice my little rigs ;)
Rikpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:49 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
redneck heaven :? i'll give you directions to my grandpa's farm,you can go do dounuts in the empty field J/K
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:51 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason

I went down to the local Ace hardware store and of coarse they don't stock the flat black color but they do have all the other camo colors .

I order it and should get it by Friday, hopefully I can finish it this weekend.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:12 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

that thing looks sick, but it needs a rear bumper and some crates or something in the back. I think that you should repaint the cab, unless you will be scratching up the back so that it matches. You said that it wouldn't just be a scaler. what else are you gunna do with it??

harris
Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris
that thing looks sick, but it needs a rear bumper and some crates or something in the back. I think that you should repaint the cab, unless you will be scratching up the back so that it matches. You said that it wouldn't just be a scaler. what else are you gunna do with it??

harris

DUH! he's gonna shrink himself down a drive it

Looks awsome,i agree a rear tube bumper would look cool.
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred
DUH! he's gonna shrink himself down a drive it

Looks awsome,i agree a rear tube bumper would look cool.
You guys must have looked at only the pictures and did not read rckjeeps post on him making a rear bumper with tow hooks.

I will be repainting the cab as well. Then I will take the nicely painted rig out and beat the **** out of it on the rocks.

Oh and I have some other "things" I am doing to the flatbed to make it more scalererer but you will have to wait until it is done.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:42 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Ooooohhh man! i am almost crapping my drawers with anticipation. where is a bumperdumper when i need one?

(i dunno if the flipoff smiley was neccesary. but it is the coolest one.)

Oops, i guess i should have read what people were saying. but with all the crap in the news today, i have programmed myself to only look at pics.

harris
Old 06-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris
Ooooohhh man! i am almost crapping my drawers with anticipation. where is a bumperdumper when i need one?

(i dunno if the flipoff smiley was neccesary. but it is the coolest one.)

Oops, i guess i should have read what people were saying. but with all the crap in the news today, i have programmed myself to only look at pics.

harris
LMAO, please don't crap yourself! Do what I do and take your laptop to the ****ter.

I also only look at pics... but that is with certain magazines!
Old 06-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

That bed looks sick...I dont know what but its definately missing some accesories

Quote:
This is only primered right now. I think I will stay with the flat black though.

Flat looks abit to plain...a nice semi gloss will not only look nicer but it will match the Body without being overbearingly shiney

rckJeep, since it would be a shame for someone to duplicate this like they did with Ralph...what do you guestimate a flt bed like this will run someone if they just had to have one???

BTW,although TLTs are the in thing/Fad right now....This is the truck that drew me from CT to RCC...Love it
SuperSancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSancho
BTW,although TLTs are the in thing/Fad right now....This is the truck that drew me from CT to RCC...Love it
Thanks! I still have a new in box TLT kit that I need to build. I just haven't decided what to do with the TLT axles and I am not in that much of a hurry because I love to drive this truck so much.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:10 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
LMAO, please don't crap yourself! Do what I do and take your laptop to the ****ter.

I also only look at pics... but that is with certain magazines!
Unfortunatly for me, im still stuck with my old imac, but laptop is coming when school starts again. as i am only 15, girls, partys, rc, mountain bikes and snowboarding are my top priorities, in that order, so a nice comp is pretty unneccesary. so for now im just gunna go with a Jumbo sized pack of DEPENDSŪ
to stem the unwanted flow.

harris
Old 06-29-2005, 08:26 PM   #56

Quote:
Flat looks abit to plain...a nice semi gloss will not only look nicer but it will match the Body without being overbearingly shiney
Alright so I have been thinking about the semi gloss look as opposed to flat black. I actually don't remember seeing a 1:1 flatbed painted flat black.

So I am wondering if I should paint it semi gloss then if I don't like it just paint it flat black? Or should I do the reverse and paint it flat black and if I don't like that then paint it semi gloss?

Originally I was thinking flat black because I am going to add some scale aluminum diamond plate to the fenders and bottom of the bed.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:40 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
So I am wondering if I should paint it semi gloss then if I don't like it just paint it flat black? Or should I do the reverse and paint it flat black and if I don't like that then paint it semi gloss? .

Your half way there,leave it flat black and if your not happy,go with semi gloss

No need to bust out with the semi gloss then you realize you like flat better...Im sure it would look nice but I have yet to see a flt blk bed.

Is the body gong to get trimmed and repainted a diferent color?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:49 PM   #58

Quote:
Your half way there,leave it flat black and if your not happy,go with semi gloss

No need to bust out with the semi gloss then you realize you like flat better...Im sure it would look nice but I have yet to see a flt blk bed.

Is the body gong to get trimmed and repainted a diferent color?
Oh yeah, with my crappy memory I completly forgot to ask the other question.

I was planning on repainting the cab but with all the scratches on the body I am wondering if just repainting it would look like crap because of all the underlying scratches. I really do not want to sand the body down before I paint it because I am just going to beat it up again rock crawling.

hmmm what to do???

Thanks for any advise.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:29 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

If the body is that bad...simply scuff the body down and throw a few coats of Primer then Flat Black paint...2-3 coats will fill in most of the small scratches and make the deeper scratches almost disappear .This way you'll have a matching roller

if after your done spraying and the body looks half way decent,spray a single coat of clear over the bed and cab and consider it "DONE"

either way...your one step ahead with the new Flt Bed...it'll definately look scale
Old 06-29-2005, 10:05 PM   #60

Thanks for the advise. I really don't want to half as$ it since I have gone through this much work with the flatbed.