Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Wrecker's 2.2 Wreckluse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #21
[HOONIGAN]

Looks freakin awesome, I'm building one right now also. Did you keep the VF dig on it?

Great job
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #22
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
Looks freakin awesome, I'm building one right now also. Did you keep the VF dig on it?

Great job
Thanks, I really like the white and black.

Yes, it still has the VF dig and it will stay. I can't stand driving a crawler without dig anymore. I do need to move the shifting servo to under the hood though so I can put the interior in.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
Got it painted. Still need some RCP stickers for the sides and some detail work. I also got the front inner fenders done and the paint is drying on the rear inner fenders and rear interior panel. I used .03" styrene for all the additional panel work.

wow nice jeep. what are the specs on the links?
team_guahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Looks sweet

Later
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #25
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by team_guahan View Post
wow nice jeep. what are the specs on the links?
Thanks.
They are 8/32 all-thread rod with Jato rod ends sleeved with 1/4" delrin tubing. Super strong and super slick.
I need to make new sleeves for them though because the sleeves on them are from my F-150 and not the right lengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
Looks sweet

Later
Farmer
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #26

What is your wheelbase? I built my own links and it came out 12.75. I think thats too long since my servo is hitting the frame.

You did a great job designing this chassis.
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #27
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXcrawler View Post
What is your wheelbase? I built my own links and it came out 12.75. I think thats too long since my servo is hitting the frame.

You did a great job designing this chassis.
My lower links are the same size that Nate recommended in the Wreckluse feedback/support thread. My uppers are a little different since I am using a different mounting method. My wheel base came out to 12 3/8". I think it looks about perfect and I don't have any clearance problems. The chassis was designed for equal length lower links front and rear and a 12.5" wb for 2.2's. With that combo everything is pretty much scale to the 1:1.

Thanks for the compliments.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #28
[HOONIGAN]

I also got some MIP cvd's installed on this thing. With the high clearance RCP Knuckles and C's with the CVD's and dig, this thing will turn on a dime!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
My lower links are the same size that Nate recommended in the Wreckluse feedback/support thread. My uppers are a little different since I am using a different mounting method. My wheel base came out to 12 3/8". I think it looks about perfect and I don't have any clearance problems. The chassis was designed for equal length lower links front and rear and a 12.5" wb for 2.2's. With that combo everything is pretty much scale to the 1:1.

Thanks for the compliments.
is there anyway to cut out the winch and put the servo face down for turning
93'wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #30
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93'wrangler View Post
is there anyway to cut out the winch and put the servo face down for turning
There are lots of ways you can set up the steering in this chassis, just make a mount for the servo and anything will work.

I am just focused on making this one as capable as possible, and for that an axle mounted servo is the only way to go to get the best possible steering.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
There are lots of ways you can set up the steering in this chassis, just make a mount for the servo and anything will work.

I am just focused on making this one as capable as possible, and for that an axle mounted servo is the only way to go to get the best possible steering.
ok stupid question, but this is the chassis i was thinking about building off from when i get some money but how well would it work for a comp rig? i mean it looks amazing but i have to ask if i should go pre-built tuber or get a rig with a detachable body. i see so many people running both. are these tubers to heavy thats my only concern
Old 10-29-2008, 07:05 AM   #32
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
ok stupid question, but this is the chassis i was thinking about building off from when i get some money but how well would it work for a comp rig? i mean it looks amazing but i have to ask if i should go pre-built tuber or get a rig with a detachable body. i see so many people running both. are these tubers to heavy thats my only concern
I would not suggest this chassis for a competition rig (usrrca 2.2), unless your talking about a Scale competition rig. It might do alright as a usrrca 2.2, but there are definitely many other rigs out there that are designed specifically for competition that will do better in a comp. If your are talking about a Scale comp rig then I would highly suggest this chassis, it is designed to perform very well for a scale chassis and if set up properly it will do very well in Scale comps.

Also, if the tuber was designed properly there is not going to be any dis-advantage over a detachable body rig. This chassis is not very heavy and were the most of the weight is in the chassis is down low, so you might actually have a lower center of gravity over most detachable body scale rigs.

Last edited by Wrecker; 10-29-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I would not suggest this chassis for a competition rig (usrrca 2.2), unless your talking about a Scale competition rig. It might do alright as a usrrca 2.2, but there are definitely many other rigs out there that are designed specifically for competition that will do better in a comp. If your are talking about a Scale comp rig then I would highly suggest this chassis, it is designed to perform very well for a scale chassis and if set up properly it will do very well in Scale comps.

Also, if the tuber was designed properly there is not going to be any dis-advantage over a detachable body rig. This chassis is not very heavy and were the most of the weight is in the chassis is down low, so you might actually have a lower center of gravity over most detachable body scale rigs.
ok more questions. whats the diff between the 2.2 scaler class and 2.2 comp. i wasn't aware there was 2 different classes for 2.2 damn i dont know what to build now, but is a lot of scaler comps out there?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #34
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
ok more questions. whats the diff between the 2.2 scaler class and 2.2 comp. i wasn't aware there was 2 different classes for 2.2 damn i dont know what to build now, but is a lot of scaler comps out there?
Scalers are made to look like a real 1:1 rig, a comp rig is just made to perform as good as possible and doesn't have to look necessarily like a 1:1 rig. Search around the site and you'll see the difference. The Berg/ax-10/tlt forums are going to be your comp rigs and the 2.2 scale/1.9 scale forums are going to be your scalers. The comp rigs are what are really popular and what 90% of competitions are going to be for. The scalers are more to just have fun with and do some comps every once in a while. At least here in CO we don't really have comps for scalers very often, but there are comps for the comp rigs at least every other week.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Scalers are made to look like a real 1:1 rig, a comp rig is just made to perform as good as possible and doesn't have to look necessarily like a 1:1 rig. Search around the site and you'll see the difference. The Berg/ax-10/tlt forums are going to be your comp rigs and the 2.2 scale/1.9 scale forums are going to be your scalers. The comp rigs are what are really popular and what 90% of competitions are going to be for. The scalers are more to just have fun with and do some comps every once in a while. At least here in CO we don't really have comps for scalers very often, but there are comps for the comp rigs at least every other week.
so your saying that if i try to enter a comp ill probably get my @ss handed to me haha. even with a dig and pretty good driving skills? well thank you for your time maybe i need to have two rigs but thank you for your time! message me if you ever around centennial and want to show me how this whole thing is done, im always up at the littleton hobby shop or somewhere. but thank you!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:07 AM   #36
~THE SCALE SHOP~

love the color combo.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Rich had this thing at Red Rocks yesterday so I snapped some pics. I can't wait to see this one finished; dimensions look right, wheels look real good, and the colors seems just right for it. . These things are awesome!

tmyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #38
[HOONIGAN]

WOW Tim!!!!
Those pics are amazing!
That first one is hilarious.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #39
MODERATOR™

So it's right hand on the wheel or what?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #40
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post

So it's right hand on the wheel or what?
Heck yeah, left hand is hanging over the side of the rig.