Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 2.2 tubed Dodge Ram Charger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #21
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Looking good Todd! I like the Rok Loks on it. Hope I can get something put together for this weekend. Stalled out on my build.:?
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Looking good Todd! I like the Rok Loks on it. Hope I can get something put together for this weekend. Stalled out on my build.:?
Thanks.
The Rok Lox do help make the whole rig look better. I'll be interested to see if they work as well as the 1.9 do. I don't see why they wouldn't but have yet to try them out.
Hope you can make it too, as long as it is a runner, you really don't have to have everything done. Besides a scaler is never really "done".
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #23
RCC Addict

thats a sweet looking rig man good job, have you ever thought of the CAC EZ-locks? those are some sweet looking, well designed 2.2 wheels. and they look great with the rok loks, just an option. .. .
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
thats a sweet looking rig man good job, have you ever thought of the CAC EZ-locks? those are some sweet looking, well designed 2.2 wheels. and they look great with the rok loks, just an option. .. .
Thanks!
I have and I really want a set. The more I see them the more I want to get them. Just need the funds to get them. I just haven't had much luck selling some other wheels.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Todd,

Thanks for the explanation. I have some qwik seal in the garage.

So the next question is that I notice you are running Lipos. I was told that you can not run them in water. Is this really true? If so how are you planning on sealing the battery while still making it easily interchangable?

By the way the lights look sweek I really dig the one on the bottom of the front bumper.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CrazyHorse View Post
Todd,

Thanks for the explanation. I have some qwik seal in the garage.

So the next question is that I notice you are running Lipos. I was told that you can not run them in water. Is this really true? If so how are you planning on sealing the battery while still making it easily interchangable?

By the way the lights look sweek I really dig the one on the bottom of the front bumper.
You bet

I do run Lipos, and have done it differently on the rigs that I've had. I am not one that really like the water and usually don't get into it in the first place. When that is not a option I usually will use a latex glove. Put the Lipo in it and tie it off and then seal up with silicone.

Thanks, being an electrican I guess I have a hard time not having lights on my scalers. The 1.9 is slacking right now with only head and tail lights. The best thing about the rock lights is that they are not a spot type of led, they have a very wide angle of light and they really light up the underside of the rig.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #27
RCC Addict

I got it out on the rocks this weekend for our scale series here. I wanted to get a chance to do some testing before this event, but didn't get a chance with my work schedule.
I was really surprised at how well it did. Other then needing a stronger winch, (I knew that though) I could not be more happy with the way it performed.
Of the three courses that were run: Gated, Time Trial and Hill Climb, I won all three events. In the Hill Climb event, I had almost a 30 second lead over 2nd place. In the time trial it was a little over 30 seconds. The gated course I finished with a 3 and 2 place had a 20. Though I usually have a really good showing with a new rig, I think this one will continue with it's great performance.

Hear are a couple picts that were taken of it while on course. Wish that I had more, but our event had more guys show up then I expected and didn't get time to take any others.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #28
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Had to look at this again with the Rox Lox. I should have my body this weekend and want to get some ideas of what I'm going to do, either 1.9 or 2.2. I really could go either way with the truggy I'm building now.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Had to look at this again with the Rox Lox. I should have my body this weekend and want to get some ideas of what I'm going to do, either 1.9 or 2.2. I really could go either way with the truggy I'm building now.
If your planning on being at HTW comp on Saturday, I might be able to make it down for a little bit. I could bring a pair of each and you could see what looked better for your build.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #30
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

I am planning on going down. I have seen the 1.9's on it( the truggy) I have one of the Boss's rigs here getting some things done to it, and checked out his on mine. Definitely can't wait for mine to get here. But would like to see the 2.2's. Which tire I go with will determine the direction of the build.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Small update on this rig.
I traded for some different wheels. I think they look better then the Vanquish wheels did on this rig. One thing that I have to get used to with these RC4WD wheels is they have a much narrow offset then the Vanquish wheels did.
They are not mounted on the rig at this time, just sitting in front of the wheels and tires that I have on it for tomorrows snow bash run.

I also never liked the way the hood on this turned out. What I had invisioned for it never worked out.
So I got tired of looking at it and made one out of aluminum and it turned out ok. I will eventually fill in the creases of where I bent it and repaint the whole thing. The hood is hinged and held on by two screws in the back of the hood the rest of it is held in place by velcro to keep it from opening up while on the rocks. I need to have it open since that is where I put the batteries.

I think that the new hood turn out pretty good so I also made new rear panels. I'm really happy with the way these turned out. I also found some nice scale stickers that I printed out on some sticker paper and then covered with packing tape to help keep the water from ruining them.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Bad to the bone.
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote