I wanna be Dave

The rig's looking great, Neil!!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #822
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmo120 View Post
Looks like I missed it. But that gearing are you running?
Right now I have 48p but want to run 32p like you.
56/11 for a gear ratio of 5.09. Probably a little low, I would like to get uo to about 4.30 so I am probably going to go to 56/13.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #823
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
The rig's looking great, Neil!!
Thanks Tommy. I made a stupid mistake and was not able to run it this past weekend at the TTC and had to run my Wraith. When I put the interior in, I ran the screws in from the interior and they stuck so far into the battery compartment I would have punched holes in my batteries. So I am going to reveerse them and right size them, then I can get 2 X 2200MHr 30C 3S in there. Then I can have the choice of 2 X 3S in parallel or 2X 2S in Series.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #824
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Thanks Tommy. I made a stupid mistake and was not able to run it this past weekend at the TTC and had to run my Wraith. When I put the interior in, I ran the screws in from the interior and they stuck so far into the battery compartment I would have punched holes in my batteries. So I am going to reveerse them and right size them, then I can get 2 X 2200MHr 30C 3S in there. Then I can have the choice of 2 X 3S in parallel or 2X 2S in Series.
Ooh! Yeah, the interior hardware needs to have the screw head underneath in the battery compartment and the nut in the interior side. In hindsight, I'd consider using some thin profile Velcro instead. But I think you changed up the interior a bit for the new driveline so I may be making no sense! With the motor/trans relocated, can you now put a battery up front for more front bias?
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #825
PapaGriz Yo

Can't wait to see Big Oly's makeover and new life Neil.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #826
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Ooh! Yeah, the interior hardware needs to have the screw head underneath in the battery compartment and the nut in the interior side. In hindsight, I'd consider using some thin profile Velcro instead. But I think you changed up the interior a bit for the new driveline so I may be making no sense! With the motor/trans relocated, can you now put a battery up front for more front bias?
I can fit a battery in the front, but it would be tight with the servo winch and I really like the uder floor battery compartments. With the Montruck Stainless Steel Wheels my weight distribution is real nice. Electronics are in the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Can't wait to see Big Oly's makeover and new life Neil.
Thanks, Even when I repaint the chassis, it will still look good with the Big Oly body and I will be able to run my Black and Orage body also, so can bash in one and shelf queen the other.