Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project Light Wallet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

that's looking pretty sweet. I like the cage.
dingo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Keep us updated on this build looks great!
dubAron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Its been a while, but I have made some progress. I got the custom length links back from AJS Machine and they are ridiculous. Perfect taper and they match the rod ends nicely. Ultimately they will be powder coated but right now they are raw. I got some springs from Home Depot and Lowes and set up the RC4wd shocks in droop. They need a little fine tuning but looks good. I have also created a template for the skid plate. By the end of the day I hope to have the rear winch mounted and some templates for the battery tray and a fuel cell mounting plate. Also going to mess around with some stuff and see if I can find something that can represent a shock reservoir. I got an HH 45T handwound mounted to the axial tranny (Not installed) and am waiting for a waterproof BXRL to come up in the classifieds or be available through HH. Thanks for checking and I would love to hear comments or criticism.

-Andrew Miller
Attached Images

millrtme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Wow this looks awesome..!
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Looks great!
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

your links are beefy looks awsome nice work
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #67

gotta love a dovetailed superduty, wicked awsome tubework, keep up the progress
kaker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Default Teaser

I kept the Super Swampers, but the CAC Ez-Locks are gone. Should have the replacements in a 3 weeks. Hopefully sooner.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

WOW, Uhm WOW. I'm speechless. I keep checking in with some of the scale builds and can only hope I can figure out how I can get a chassis welded up one day. I know I have the detailing experience but the chassis that someof you guys put together are out of this world
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for all the comments.
Here is my justification for the slow moving build. It isn't complete but is 98% of the way there. Once complete I will only have my job, school and the truck to focus on. I figure I will get it out of the way while I am relatively young.

-Andrew Miller
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

How do you plan to set up your steering?? Love this build.
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Chassis mounted servos at both ends. I will need some custom brackets that I am working on now. I am also going to go with a full droop set up. I havent driven it, obviously, but it is rather unstable due to the semi droop.

-Andrew Miller
Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

I took the plunge tonight and ordered a Holmes Hobbies combo, the BR-XL (waterproofed) and a 10T puller. I have an HH handwound that I will be running at first while I get the drive line sorted and find the weak points. Even then I am sure the puller will expose even more of them. The price was just too good to pass up and I wasn't sure how long the pullers would be offered again. My custom wheels should be here the middle of next week. I am still wrestling with how to mount the servos. I had a couple ideas and they all seem to have fallen flat. I got the rear fenders painted on the outside and have a cool idea to dress up the inside a bit. The body is getting close to being ready for paint and I hope to start the interior this weekend. I think I am going to mount all of the electronics in the "crew" portion of the cab. It will keep it clean and compact. Although for space I may end up putting the ESC or receiver in the passenger foot well. I am using a spektrum radio so the receiver is tiny, may mount it on the back of a seat or something. Hopefully I will have pics with new wheels and painted body soon.

-Andrew Miller
Old 03-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Default Updates

OK, I got the bed sides painted this weekend and added the mounting screws to the back. However, when I mounted them, something just didn't look right so I got out the Dremel and went to work. It was hard to make myself do it on the nicely finished bed sides, but I am sure it will be worth it. The old bed side is on the bottom and the trimmed up one on top. I chopped a little bit off of the front and opened up the wheel arch a bit. I have pic with the longer bed side, it isn't snugly attached so it looks a bit out of sorts. With the longer side on there it looked to heavy toward the back and too much of the stinger was covered. I haven't mounted the shorter one, but I think it looks much better just by holding it up there. Lastly, 99Ram (Bad Attitude Machining) made me some sick wheels using the 1:1 as a model. They turned out sweet and for only a few bucks more than top end RC4WD's or VP. I love them, they really add to the truck. Let me know what you think and maybe I will get the short bed side attached by tomorrow.

-Andrew Miller
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

those wheels are nice! any more ideas on the steering?
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy View Post
any more ideas on the steering?
I won a Hitec 7954 for the front on ebay, which should be more than enough torque. The rear I am not sure how strong I want to go yet. I am going to have some nuts brazed onto the chassis to mount the servos too. For the radio, I am going to be running a Spektrum DX6 so I will have independent control of front and rear steer.

-Andrew Miller
Old 03-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

well its looking good man, keep it up or we'll vote you in to team slow ass builder!
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

The wheels are gorgeous! If you could pm me the info on them!
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy View Post
well its looking good man, keep it up or we'll vote you in to team slow ass builder!
Actually, I was voted onto the board of directors last month. Haha

I'm trying, just too much real life getting in the way. Soon enough, I hope.

-Andrew Miller
Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Steering is the one problem I am running into with my blackwell's too...still contemplating on how to set mine up.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote