Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project Light Wallet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #101
Pebble Pounder

Just a quick shot with the bed side. Not a perfect fit, but good for now. I am working on the windows and the grill tonight. I got my drive shafts and the GCM transfer case should be delivered early next week.

-Andrew Miller
Attached Images

millrtme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #102

i love you build is sick as hell thinking about doing something like it keep up the updates
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Continuing is a relative term. I built a full metal gear with aluminum case axial tranny and got the GCM transfer caseThe chassis is back with Ecoli for minor mods. However, apparently the Canadian Postal service is on strike so it may be delayed getting back to me. Along with the chassis mods I also had the winch mounts and skid plate laser cut. Other than that all I need is a BEC and drive shafts. I am going to go with Stampede drive shafts for now and just modify them to fit the length I need. The only store bought shafts that will work are the punishers. So I figured I would go the cheap route at first and see how they work out. Hope for more updates in a week or two. Thanks.

-Andrew Miller
Old 06-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #104
RCC Addict

amazing man i really like this rig
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Yep, all done, just waiting on the laser cut parts and for Canada Post to go back to work The good thing is that it looks like they'll be legislated back to work mid week if they don't reach an agreement. Hopefully these mods will get this rig up and running
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #106
RCC Addict

Very nice build! I sure like the aggressive stance. Please keep it up.
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Any updates? I love this build man keep us posted
dubAron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

god damn it....it is really sick?
yeah...I want to see some action pics
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:40 AM   #109
Pebble Pounder

Unfortunately I have lost my motivation to keep building. I am now studying for my PE exam this fall and have started getting pretty involved in stand up paddling. As such all my rc stuff is going on the chopping block. I am willing to sell the truck with none, any or all of the stuff I have for it thus far. I will be posting a classified add tonight. PM me if you are interested and we can work out a deal.

-Andrew Miller
Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #110
Rock Stacker

Man that sucks... This was such a great build. Hopefully who ever buys does a good job finishing it

Also what brand are those axles the're sick
RideLowInAGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #111
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by millrtme View Post
Unfortunately I have lost my motivation to keep building. I am now studying for my PE exam this fall and have started getting pretty involved in stand up paddling. As such all my rc stuff is going on the chopping block. I am willing to sell the truck with none, any or all of the stuff I have for it thus far. I will be posting a classified add tonight. PM me if you are interested and we can work out a deal.

-Andrew Miller
Andrew, I wanted to say good luck on the PE Exam. I ahte to see the rc stuff go down, but I know where you're coming from. I'm a senior in college majoring in civil engineering and minoring in environmental engineering and passed my FE last fall and I'm looking forward to the PE as well. Good luck buddy!
md7989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #112
Pebble Pounder

RidinLow, they are RC4WD Blackwell axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by md7989 View Post
Andrew, I wanted to say good luck on the PE Exam. I ahte to see the rc stuff go down, but I know where you're coming from. I'm a senior in college majoring in civil engineering and minoring in environmental engineering and passed my FE last fall and I'm looking forward to the PE as well. Good luck buddy!
Thanks, I def. have a big hill to climb, I have a BSME, but will be taking the Civil/Structural PE. I couldn't find an ME job out of school (2005) and ended up working in a structural job. So I have a lot of subjects to teach myself. Good luck with your engineering career it is a good time if you can stay up to date with your education and the governing codes.

-Andrew Miller
Old 11-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #113

id realy like to buy this truck! i dont need the electronics i just want to buy the roller with the body. send me a pm about how much you want for it.
shafty4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafty4life View Post
id realy like to buy this truck! i dont need the electronics i just want to buy the roller with the body. send me a pm about how much you want for it.
It was sold a while back. I know this because I have the axles that were under it.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Project Light Wallet

Man, now that I have RC time again and am looking at getting a Wraith, I seriously wish I never parted with this truck. The body was going to require a lot of work as was the drivetrain, but the individual parts were sick. Not sure I'll ever be able to get a hold of a Cobalt puller again. Hopefully the tube frame and the axles are still kicking around on someones rig.

-Andrew