Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 2.2 Clod Gets A Scale Makeover...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 2.2 Clod Gets A Scale Makeover...

I guess my other thread got deleted so I'm starting another one.

My plans were to make my 2.2 Clod as scale as I can aside from having shafts. In my previous post I showed the unpainted C-10 body I had gotten and shared plans. Well I had wanted to go with a black/pearl white scheme but that didn't exactly work out. I had never sprayed pearl and didn't know it was gonna be so damned light. Needless to say I sprayed way too much and had some runs/puddles. I said screw it and finished doing the rest of the truck in a coat of white pearl and then went over that with outlaw black and it came out in this silver you're about to see. I put the retarded CF flames on to try and hide some of the runs. I will be getting another body and letting someone else paint it. However, I still think it looks pretty proportional/scale and am happy with the way that part turned out. I was able to get the WB right at 12", which is what the bodies WB is, according to Proline.

I put an extra set of rings on that I'm going to use for 'locks when I get my new tires, I just glued them on these ugly wheels to 1. get an idea of how they were gonna look 2. hide those ugly wheels. I'm waiting on a set of 2.2 Red Rocks that will be going on chrome 'Pede wheels with some of those black rings (except done right obviously).

On to the pics....BTW, these are after 4-5 hrs of wheeling yesterday so it already got a bunch of scratches on the body, but I'm just gonna use this one as a beater anyways.....

I know the beagle is kind of "out of scale" but she wouldn't move

Last edited by RANOVRU; 04-11-2006 at 08:15 AM.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2006, 01:24 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Least you got one fan! J/k that body looks nice, is that painted on the outside or is it just the pic that makes it look that way?
metomwhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

No, it's painted on the inside, the flames are just stick ons on the outside. The body definately got broke in when I took it out all day. All of the scrathes/scares may be what you're seeing???

Thanks for the reply man! I was beginning to think no one was gonna say anything. I mean, I know it's not a shafty and the paint didn't turn out worth a damn, but I think it still looks very proportional and I said I'm getting another body....
Old 04-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Giant dog. looks cool!
FFRCJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #5
[HOONIGAN]

looks good. Got any action pics?
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. I should be getting some pics from this weekends run at some point. I'll post them when I get them.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

its Clifford!!!!!! DYE it red!!! haha. j/k. i really like the way the link mounts are hidden under the body.. they look like they are mounted to the "frame", not just some drop mounts. its clean. and i hope that made sense.

KEvIN
OORRACING is offline   Reply With Quote