Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Clod bodied Bruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Clod bodied Bruiser

Hello, this is the begining of my build of a bruiser I recently aquired. I only have a few pics right now and was looking for some feedback on the clod body with this chassis and tire combo. I'm going for a scale look not comp performance. Here are the specs so far: Bruiser chassis, wheels and axles. Puller style tranny with a GD 600 and 65T lathe. Juggy leafs front and rear with unimoger's revolver shackles to come. And finally Masher 2000's and a stock clod body. I plan on cutting out the bed insides and building it to look like a full size truck with a tool box to hide the electronics. Anyway onto the picture.
Attached Images

mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Looks teats to me.

I like those bodies on a Bruiser, as well as the Jugger bodies which I just aquired one NIP.

Don't see as many CLod bodies over a Bruiser frame. Are you going to keep the hole in the hood or fill it?
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter
Looks teats to me.

I like those bodies on a Bruiser, as well as the Jugger bodies which I just aquired one NIP.

Don't see as many CLod bodies over a Bruiser frame. Are you going to keep the hole in the hood or fill it?
I am partial to the body as I had a 1:1 '82 chevy with a 454, 2wd but fast as hell. I am planning on filling the hole in the hood and doing as little trimming as possible. I thought about an exo or other crash protection but that seems like what alot of others are doing. I want this truck to stand out in its plain looks for a while then later I'll fab up some cagework.
mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:32 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhail
I am partial to the body as I had a 1:1 '82 chevy with a 454, 2wd but fast as hell. I am planning on filling the hole in the hood and doing as little trimming as possible. I thought about an exo or other crash protection but that seems like what alot of others are doing. I want this truck to stand out in its plain looks for a while then later I'll fab up some cagework.
I had an 85 myself. I loved that truck. My fav was a 68 chevy with a bb in it. Throw down a kick a$$ paint job on it. It will stand out enough just because you don't see many with a clod body (at least compared to Juggers), and with a tool box and a realistic bed, it will rock.
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:49 PM   #5

looks nice, real nice.
pmi_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Its true you don't see near enoffe clod bodied bruiser builds. Looks good!
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote