Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: GCM T-case with remote motor/axial trans?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default GCM T-case with remote motor/axial trans?

I do have an email to GCM about their transfercase upgrades. I wanted to get the traxxas pin through outputs for their case AND also better outputs installed on the axial trans. I can't keep drivelines connected with the cobalt puller/ 3s lipo I'm using.

Anyone know what parts I can use to upgrade the output shafts to be more reliable? I believe I need 5mm traxxas stuff but am unsure.

hope I get some replies or links to someone elses build who has done this.
bonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I'm running a GCM t-case with remote 10t puller/Axial trans and it's powered by 3s.....sometimes 4s. I have never had an issue with the shafts coming loose from either input/output. I'm using a combination of MIP and Punisher shafts with a small dab of blue Loctite on each set screw. Build thread is in my sig if you want more details.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks for the link tommy, great build.

What i figured was the following upgrades to get away from axials setscrews on flats. Motor/axial trans mounted in rear, mip c drive hub on trans output. fixed Dog bone of some sort to input on gcm transfercase. Then transfercase outputs (with 6mm adapters) to mip drivelines which connect to axle using the wheely king adapter.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPZX2&P=Z wheely king shaft for the axial axles. supposedly is a direct replacment and fits the axial gears? adapts 6mm driveline to 5mm axial axle housing gears.

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/asc9597.htm
mip c drivelines front and rear (which ones?). not sure if I want to spend 80 bucks on these F/R. maybe something else. My wheel base is 14" so the DL's need to be pretty long. I looked at rpp for cvd dog bone shafts but couldn't find what i should get (there's alot of them) or how long the shafts were.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXDM4&P=7
MIP C drive hub. I think this will go 5mm axial trans outputs to the 6mm mip drivelines/dog bones?

Is this setup going to work for me. I've been reading for days and realized that my brain is fried.
bonks is offline   Reply With Quote