Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #1

Default New Build

I am getting ready start a 2.2 scaler build i will post pictures as i can. But i do have one question i am going to use the Axial SX10 frame and i am not sure how to attach the body to it i know i have seen and heard people use velcro but i am not sure how they are going about doing so any help would be great on this one issue, i am going to be using the New Bright jeep body. I will post pics along the way.
zachery023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachery023 View Post
I am getting ready start a 2.2 scaler build i will post pictures as i can. But i do have one question i am going to use the Axial SX10 frame and i am not sure how to attach the body to it i know i have seen and heard people use velcro but i am not sure how they are going about doing so any help would be great on this one issue, i am going to be using the New Bright jeep body. I will post pics along the way.
I bent some aluminum pieces to a "U" shape and mounted them between the shock towers on my Trailfinder. You could probably do something like it on your SCX10. I'll put velcro on the horizontal part and on the body. Hope it helps!
viperchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
RCC Addict

What body are you considering? If it is a a hard body you can use some of the molded in features as locators in conjunction with the Velcro.

The molded screw boss' hang down can fit into a feature near the chassis.

On two of my rigs with hard bodies, I shortened the screw boss features and attached a flat piece of lexan at a height just above the front chassis mounted servo, then used Velcro. A screw through a nylon cylinder acts as a locator and drops down between the servo and frame rail and keeps the body centered as the Velcro grabs.

Last edited by sweli; 05-01-2011 at 07:56 PM.
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #4

Well this is what i have gotten done so far, i still have to do some pin stripeing on the body and i am going to do some paintiing on the interior. then it will be time to put it all together.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i made my own frame and for now i plan to make mounting tabs and use the existing screw bosses to screw the body on
muddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #6

Default more pictures

About all that is left is to put it all back together.. I think it is coming together pretty nicely. what do you guys think

Old 05-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #7

Default Question

So any one who has used the Axial frame set and the new bright hard body do you guys use 1.9 tires and rims or 2.2? I have the 2.2 wheels and tires on now and it looks ok but I would really like to use a more realistic tire like the swampers or the flat iron tires.